Who had an iPad Mini prior to getting the iPhone 6 Plus? Has it affected your use?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I bought a mini retina last November while I had a 5 and 5S.

Got a 6 Plus now and don't have plans to get rid of the mini although I can tell that I'm using the mini less now with the bigger iPhone.

I can tell you that the chances that I may purchase an iPad in the future is less likely now.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
iphone 6 plus and ipad mini

Maybe that?s why I posted it in this very thread yesterday morning.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/300034-iphone-6-plus-ipad-mini.html#post2339591

Wow, sorry HankAZ, didn't mean to double post. Just trying to help. I don't always have time to read all posts on every page in a thread and only saw the most recent post and just immediately replied with the macrumors pic I found on google images yesterday while trying to decide which 6 to get. 😜

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, sorry HankAZ, didn't mean to double post. Just trying to help. I don't always have time to read all posts on every page in a thread and only saw the most recent post and just immediately replied with the macrumors pic I found on google images yesterday while trying to decide which 6 to get. 

:) No harm.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha I really love this forum every time I think "am I the only one" then someone posts exactly what I want to ask

I had an iPhone 4s and a iPad mini retina and now the iPhone 6+

A lot of people say stuff like "the iPhone 6+ is not an iPad (nano)" or similar, but to be honest, it's between an iPhone and an iPad mini.

After using my iPhone 6+ the whole day I lost my will to keep the mini. All reasons why I bought the iPad are gone with the iPhone 6+ and it makes everything easier (for me).

I mainly wanted the iPad mini because of its small size, light weight (in comparison with the iPad and other tablets), high battery life and wanted to use it for study reasons and to read books, mangas, watch movies etc. The iPhone 4s with its 3.5" screen was really small and also the 4" screen of the 5/5s was too small, but 5.5" is perfect for everything!

Today I did all the stuff which I did with the iPad mini with the iPhone 6+ and it's 1.000.000 easier.
If you compare the screen resolutions you see there is not a big "loss":
? iPad: 2048x1536 ~ 2000x1500
? iPhone 6+: 1920x1080 ~ 2000x1000
So it's about 500pixels. 500 which I don't miss

At the end everyone has to decide for his/her own

And because no one wants to take pictures for you, I grabbed the cam and took some pictures for comparison

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424691.022820.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424718.304891.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424743.108401.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424767.845011.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424789.932222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424804.201028.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411424815.769197.jpg

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and returned the iPad Mini Retina. I can't justify having both, since iPhone 6 Plus is a replacement for my iPad Mini.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Can't play hearthstone or other iPad specific apps on iPhone. Comics suck on a plus as well.

Want a mini retina though as I probably won't get another air again.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Can't play hearthstone or other iPad specific apps on iPhone. Comics suck on a plus as well.

Want a mini retina though as I probably won't get another air again.

A lot of apps will be ported or optimized for the 6+, maybe also your game/app

I tried it, reading comics and mangas is much more fun on the 6+ in comparison with the mini retina, in both orientations. But everyone has to decide for their own. You should use Manga Rock, which is really awesome!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged my iPad MiniR for the 6+ and don't regret it. THE ONLY thing I regret is that my PROF wont let us use laptops or phones and we convinced her to let us use tablets (which I now don't have) for referencing documents. Other than that I don't miss it and using it is a blast.

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got one of the original iPad minis and after seeing and playing with the 6 plus in their Verizon store tonight I will definitely be picking one up at some point. I won't be getting rid of my mini at least not because of the 6 plus. It is still bigger and is great for reading in bed which is the reason I purchased one in the first place. It's almost like it's how Apple intended. The iPad mini is still about the same size as a physical book so still simulates that great reading experience by both visual and physical. With continuity and handoff I can seamlessly get all the functions of my phone on either my mini or MBP. At home why not enjoy the luxury of a little larger screen when reading or browsing set the phone down and use the other devices. Apple thought this out if you ask me.

Posted via iMore App

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
...aaaaaaand I don't have a iPad mini anymore

At first it was a shock after I realized I don't have 2 devices anymore

But later I was somehow relieved to know I only have to take care for one device and not for two

To be honest I don't miss the iPad mini anymore, it was just a luxury good which I don't need anymore and which u can't justify having it

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had both ( HAD). After not being able to put down my 6+ since I got it last Friday, I decided to sell my Retina iPad Mini. I just didn't see a personal use case for it anymore. I used to carry it along with my iPhone 5s and use my hotspot to watch Netflix etc. on the larger screen. Now with the beautiful screen on the 6+ I'm happy to no longer have to carry two devices. I sold the Mini on eBay and just shipped it off today as a matter of fact.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had both ( HAD). After not being able to put down my 6+ since I got it last Friday, I decided to sell my Retina iPad Mini. I just didn't see a personal use case for it anymore. I used to carry it along with my iPhone 5s and use my hotspot to watch Netflix etc. on the larger screen. Now with the beautiful screen on the 6+ I'm happy to no longer have to carry two devices. I sold the Mini on eBay and just shipped it off today as a matter of fact.

Exactly, for watching movies, serials and reading stuff it's just perfect

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR