Anyone returning the 6+ for the 6?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged my + today for a 6 and I'm happy with the size. Finn and I have been going back and forth between the size and beauty of the + and then the pocket ability of the 6 and trying decide our uses for the phone and to weigh the pros versus cons. It's so hard. Now I'm like did I make the wrong decision to return. LOL.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged my + today for a 6 and I'm happy with the size. Finn and I have been going back and forth between the size and beauty of the + and then the pocket ability of the 6 and trying decide our uses for the phone and to weigh the pros versus cons. It's so hard. Now I'm like did I make the wrong decision to return. LOL.

Why do you think you made wrong choice ?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think you made wrong choice ?

Maybe because I didn't give the + a fair enough chance really only used from last Thursday to Yesterday but the 6 I'm using now is such a perfect size I'm just torn cause the + is such an amazing phone it's just the size that is causing me to have reservations.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I keep thinking I a 6 would be a better fit for me, but when I use my Plus I love it. People ask how I like it and my reply is "hate carrying it, but love using it". I just took my case off and find the plus seems much more manageable naked. Not sure I'll keep it that way. But for now I think I'm sticking with the Plus. It's awesome to type on and the battery life has been pretty good.

Yea I'm about temped to order me a 6 plus. I played with one again yesterday and found that I really don't like carrying it but I like using it

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Maybe because I didn't give the + a fair enough chance really only used from last Thursday to Yesterday but the 6 I'm using now is such a perfect size I'm just torn cause the + is such an amazing phone it's just the size that is causing me to have reservations.

Having used the 6 for a bit there was no doubt I got the right phone for myself with the 6 Plus.

I could live with the iPhone 6 just like I lived with the 5 and 5S. But knowing there is a bigger screen available would make me have reservations.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple hit the sweet spot here ... At all ....

They needed a 5 or 5.2 inch screen ...
4.7 isn't a big move from the 5s and 5.5 is bulky and hard to grip...

In the end I think you feel like you're losing something with the 6.

The Plus is just a gorgeous screen and has a never ending battery ...

I keep telling myself you can't keep this phone it s too big it's too bulky etc and yet I can't put it down ...

I'm gonna need more than 2 weeks ...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Apple hit the sweet spot here ... At all ....

They needed a 5 or 5.2 inch screen ...
4.7 isn't a big move from the 5s and 5.5 is bulky and hard to grip...

In the end I think you feel like you're losing something with the 6.

The Plus is just a gorgeous screen and has a never ending battery ...

I keep telling myself you can't keep this phone it s too big it's too bulky etc and yet I can't put it down ...

I'm gonna need more than 2 weeks ...

If the iPhone 6 had a 1080p screen, big battery, and optical image stabilization, do you think that there would be such a high demand for the plus?

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Having used the 6 for a bit there was no doubt I got the right phone for myself with the 6 Plus.

I could live with the iPhone 6 just like I lived with the 5 and 5S. But knowing there is a bigger screen available would make me have reservations.

That's exactly what Finn and I have been grappling with since the announcement. We practically talk about it everyday haha.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If the iPhone 6 had a 1080p screen, big battery, and optical image stabilization, do you think that there would be such a high demand for the plus?

More ppl have bought the 6 over the 6 plus..... It's not high demand it's the fact that there was a screen quality issues during production and the 6 plus is much less widely available.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
More ppl have bought the 6 over the 6 plus..... It's not high demand it's the fact that there was a screen quality issues during production and the 6 plus is much less widely available.

I'm not disputing that more people have bought the plus, but it does seem like it is in high demand. But my question was, if everything was equal with the exception of size, do you think that people would be clamoring for the plus the way that they are?

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I had a 6+ on launch day but I sadly had the 16 GB and a day or two later was nearly maxed out on the storage. So that Sunday I switched to a regular iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 64 GB of storage since they didn't have any pluses in and it was the same price as the 16 GB plus I had (300 dollars). I loved the bigger screen of the Plus but I like to text one handed and I am on the go a lot so the size was going to get some getting use to. I am nearing the end of my two week return/ exchange period and my local apple store had some pluses in last Friday but were sold out again by the time, I found out about it. I can live with my iPhone 6 honestly, its a good phone but if I run into a plus between today and Sunday then I might just make the switch again.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Apple with let you exchange phones more than one time during the two week period? I already exchanged once for the regular iPhone 6, but if I wanted to switch once again to the plus would they let me?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I had a 6+ on launch day but I sadly had the 16 GB and a day or two later was nearly maxed out on the storage. So that Sunday I switched to a regular iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) with 64 GB of storage since they didn't have any pluses in and it was the same price as the 16 GB plus I had (300 dollars). I loved the bigger screen of the Plus but I like to text one handed and I am on the go a lot so the size was going to get some getting use to. I am nearing the end of my two week return/ exchange period and my local apple store had some pluses in last Friday but were sold out again by the time, I found out about it. I can live with my iPhone 6 honestly, its a good phone but if I run into a plus between today and Sunday then I might just make the switch again.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Apple with let you exchange phones more than one time during the two week period? I already exchanged once for the regular iPhone 6, but if I wanted to switch once again to the plus would they let me?

I believe so you just couldn't keep exchanging.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Give me a day or two and I can let you know lol. I started with the 6 and gave it ten days before ultimately caving so I could see how I feel about the 6+. My hope was to make it at least a week with it in order to try and get acclimated to the size but I don't think I can last 3 days. Got my small phone envy going on right now and have a feeling I'll have my 6 back by Saturday afternoon.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Give me a day or two and I can let you know lol. I started with the 6 and gave it ten days before ultimately caving so I could see how I feel about the 6+. My hope was to make it at least a week with it in order to try and get acclimated to the size but I don't think I can last 3 days. Got my small phone envy going on right now and have a feeling I'll have my 6 back by Saturday afternoon.

I had 6 plus envy the other day when I saw one was available at my local Apple. I bought it, and tried to love it. It was just too big and I kept going back to my 6. About 4 hours after I bought it, I was back to my 6 and returned the plus. I know exactly how you're feeling.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That's where I am and I'll be honest, I envy those who have found it right for them. What a screen. It makes everything look stunning. I feel guilty almost cause I can actually one hand pretty much everything. I just prefer my smaller phone. Not smaller screen per se, but overall size. But the 6+ is amazing.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
That's where I am and I'll be honest, I envy those who have found it right for them. What a screen. It makes everything look stunning. I feel guilty almost cause I can actually one hand pretty much everything. I just prefer my smaller phone. Not smaller screen per se, but overall size. But the 6+ is amazing.

Every person is different, so I am glad there are choices for them to find what they want.

-- Written one-handed on an iPhone 6+

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I agree with everything here. I wish the plus was for me. From the time I heard a leak about the plus I wanted it. I waited in line all night for the plus. It just wasn't for me.