Anyone returning the 6+ for the 6?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Agree everyone wants the 6+ after bashing samsung and other android "phablets" for how they look when being used and making calls.

thank god i never bashed shamesung for having those big phones. i knew sooner or later apple was going to do the iPhones bigger. i couldn't be happier with the big screen

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I would have waited for the next shipment for pluses but like I said, I only had two weeks and after that I would have been stuck with a 16 GB plus which would not have worked for two years. So I exchanged for a regular 6 with 64 gb storage for the same price I paid for the 16 GB plus ( 300 dollars).

I will miss the 5.5 screen but honestly the two phones are pretty much the same minus screen size and the plus has Image stabilization for pictures and video. Sadly for me I had to go with more storage over a bigger screen.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would have waited for the next shipment for pluses but like I said, I only had two weeks and after that I would have been stuck with a 16 GB plus which would not have worked for two years. So I exchanged for a regular 6 with 64 gb storage for the same price I paid for the 16 GB plus ( 300 dollars).

I will miss the 5.5 screen but honestly the two phones are pretty much the same minus screen size and the plus has Image stabilization for pictures and video. Sadly for me I had to go with more storage over a bigger screen.

In the long run that's probably the better choice. Pretty frustrating when you run out of space when taking pictures of a special event for example.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It will feel strange for me to return this phone for the 6. I know they have the same specs but I'm beginning to love this size. It's a mission to type when I'm lieying down in bed but I'll get used to it

Last edited:

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
As soon as i wen to the store on Friday to get my preorder i changed my mind and got the 6 128gb...I've had all all the Note devices but im a great believer that just like the GS5 the iphone 6 is right size phone.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for iPhone to be available in India. Its super confusing to decide which size is perfect for me. Finally after seeing lots of reviews and videos ..... I am still confused;). So decided to wait for it to be available and then try out both and take a call immediately.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
It will feel strange for me to return this phone for the 6. I knee www they have the same specs but I'm beginning to love this size. It's a mission to type when I'm lieying down in bed but I'll get used to it

If you haven't tried it yet...I highly recommend using Swiftkey or Swype while laying down. For me it is much quicker than using 1 finger pecking at the keys.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You will get used to the size. I'm switching back to he iPhone and the 6 plus after selling my 5s for the LG G3. I can't go back to a smaller screen. After using larger phones you adapt to the size and grow to love them.

At least that is my experience. I'm excited to get my 6 plus whenever that may be.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried the 6 Plus for a couple of days but it was uncomfortable to hold for me even though I have fairly large hands. I decided to get the 6 which is a nice improvement over the IPhone 5 screen but not too large. Another interesting thing is that my car navigation system (2013 Camry) did not work with the 6 Plus even though Bluetooth paired but the 6 works flawlessly just like the 5 did. I am not sure what that is about

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my 6+. The thing is definitely gigantic and is taking some getting used to, as others have said, but I like it a lot so far.

I got the 6+ delivered on Friday after pre-ordering and was afraid I'd regret buying the phone before seeing both versions in person. I messed around with an iPhone 6 on Saturday and it really is a very nice size. I honestly think I would have been happy with either phone, but now that I have the 6+ with the slightly better battery and the OIS on the camera, this is the one I'm sticking with.
Honestly, I use my phone not really as a phone, but more as a computer. Meaning I'm doing anything but making calls on the thing. It's really my primary computing device right now.
This was another big consideration that made me go with the 6+ over the 6. :)

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You will get used to the size. I'm switching back to he iPhone and the 6 plus after selling my 5s for the LG G3. I can't go back to a smaller screen. After using larger phones you adapt to the size and grow to love them.

At least that is my experience. I'm excited to get my 6 plus whenever that may be.

I also have an LG G3, IMO that is hands down without a doubt the perfect size for a phone with a 5.5in screen.

I love my 6+ also, but I am considering downsizing to the 6, however the battery life on my 6+ is absolutely insane.

D

Deleted member 233079

This is how I feel. I picked up the plus 16gb and its a pain constantly running out of space. I can return it today for a 64gb regular. It's a tough decision but something I might go for.

nestafaria

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
How does the 6+ handle in relation to the G3? Currently using the G3 and it really feels like my limit for size. Battery and performance better on the 6+?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting on mine but I did play with a 6+ at the apple store yesterday and while it is huge, my only question is do I still want a full sized iPad now that I have a nice MBP and a 6+ on order. My guess is yes since a full size tablet does serve a different purpose.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
How does the 6+ handle in relation to the G3? Currently using the G3 and it really feels like my limit for size. Battery and performance better on the 6+?

The size of the G3 is perfect for a 5.5in display IMO. With that said the screen, battery, and camera are IMO far better on the 6+. The rear buttons on the G3 are one of my favorite features and I miss those greatly!

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The size of the G3 is perfect for a 5.5in display IMO. With that said the screen, battery, and camera are IMO far better on the 6+. The rear buttons on the G3 are one of my favorite features and I miss those greatly!

Digging the camera on the 6/6+ but the G3 camera can definitely hold its own. I loved the rear volume/home buttons as well. We all know Apple will never go that route with the buttons, but if Apple can put the bezels on a diet and have a 5.5" display the size of the G3 it would be nearly a perfect device.

With regards to the OP, I'm going the opposite route. I got a 128gb 6 on launch day but I'm searching like mad for a 128gb 6+ to replace it with. The 6 screen looks really good, in fact, I prefer it to the G3 and my Xperia Z2, but after having those bigger screens I want the biggest display available. Also, the bigger battery of the + is pushing me in that direction.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The i6p has to be an informed decision. If you a person who walks around with flip flops, coffee in one hand, and phone in the other. Then its not the right choice. I use my phone sparingly, when I have time to spare, need to research, or kill time. I also bought it to replace my iPad. All I do on my iPad is surf the web, play games, watch videos, or check email. My i6p removes the need for an iPad. It simplifies my world a bit and I need that. I am even thinking that I can get rid of my macbook and just have a family desktop. Some of the features on the i6p that I need over the 6 are battery life(a very big thing for me), best camera system available on a ois device, the screen size of course. I would rather have a i5s than a i6. I just don't think that there is enough difference to warrant the cost. That just me and everyone is different/entitiled to their opinion.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I never thought I'd want a phone this size, but I'm loving it so far. Still adjusting to the size, of course but I've found that I can even type one handed for the most part by resting my fingers on the back rather than curling them around the far side. And two handed typing is much quicker and I mistype less frequently because the larger keys are easier to hit properly.

My thoughts exactly!!!! Big phones have never been my thing but after using it Friday through today...I'm getting use to it & dare I say it...it kinda feels normal

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 5 hours 45 minutes usage and 9 hours and 36 minutes standby time. Still have 40% battery left. I'd say that's significantly better

Agreed!!! The battery has been great.

paba3e6a.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods