Visit site
ebesy6u6.jpg

I do...but the Space Gray to me is much better

And you don't like it?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have now been using the 6plus for a day, and I'm slowly getting used to the size difference. It's a minor rethinking of how I use a phone. Some may not want to make that change in philosophy, so I completely understand if they return it for the smaller size. I'm still going to give it at least a week before even considering it. I went and picked up a leather case at the Apple store today, and it makes the device a little easier to hold in one hand and less slippery anyway you use it. I am not having any issues with pocketing the device (I don't have the "skinny jeans" figure), and in walking around today with it in my pocket, I didn't notice it being any larger than my 5 with case. I do love the larger screen, if only because I don't need to keep the thing 12 inches from my nose to read.

So I'm still adjusting to how I hold and use a phone, but I'm also still loving it.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from the Note 3 to the 5S after my Note crashed and burned (not literally... well ok, crashed kinda). I absolutely loved the screen on the Note 3 and cringed about the idea of going back to a smaller screen but considering my the rest of my house is an iOS ecosystem it was only natural to go back when i scored a great deal on the 5S after the Note died. There was no doubt in my mind about my preorder choice. Now that I've had it for almost 24 hours I have no regrets. I went to the AT&T store today just to play with the 6, which surprisingly they still had some in stock, and I'm glad I went with the 6 Plus. Even with my Spigen Tough Armor case it fits well in my pocket. I don't think I will ever go back to Android again. Yeah were just getting some features that they have had for a couple years but with Apple everything works well when its released for the most part. Always seemed like some of the phone manufacturers were rushing to get certain features out to say they did it first without really testing it much.

Sorry for the long winded and slightly off topic post. Just excited about my phone! :biggrin:

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Today after spending some time with the 6+, I went home and canceled my preorder and purchased a 128GB 6. It was a tough choice to make, but one that I think I will be happy with in the long run. I have always loved phones with big screens, but I have found that I eventually get frustrated with the extra work needed to do little things. The great thing about a cell phone is when it seamlessly becomes part of your day. When I tried the Note 3, I would get a bit fed up while trying to use my phone one handed in different situations. I have young kids, so one handed is most of my day... This is totally my personal opinion, but I think that after the initial excitement and wonder wore off, I would likely wish my phone was easier to use.

The iPhone 6 still has a nice, large screen. It feels like a fresh new phone, and more importantly I can pick it up and do everything I need to do to with it without having to "walk the phone" up my hand to reach the top.Worst case? I bring it back to Verizon and get back to the end of the long, long 6+ line :)

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No. I'll actually buy a 6 just to own both.

I am with Heisenberg on this, although I actually bought a 6 and will now also be purchasing a 6+ just have the best of both. After seeing the 6+ in person at the Apple store today while purchasing AC+ for my 6, I just have to have a 6+ now as well.

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Today after spending some time with the 6+, I went home and canceled my preorder and purchased a 128GB 6. It was a tough choice to make, but one that I think I will be happy with in the long run. I have always loved phones with big screens, but I have found that I eventually get frustrated with the extra work needed to do little things. The great thing about a cell phone is when it seamlessly becomes part of your day. When I tried the Note 3, I would get a bit fed up while trying to use my phone one handed in different situations. I have young kids, so one handed is most of my day... This is totally my personal opinion, but I think that after the initial excitement and wonder wore off, I would likely wish my phone was easier to use.

The iPhone 6 still has a nice, large screen. It feels like a fresh new phone, and more importantly I can pick it up and do everything I need to do to with it without having to "walk the phone" up my hand to reach the top.Worst case? I bring it back to Verizon and get back to the end of the long, long 6+ line :)

I ended up returning mine for the same exact reasons. It wasn't the height but the width. I like the 6 but I think 5 inches is the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I ended up returning mine for the same exact reasons. It wasn't the height but the width. I like the 6 but I think 5 inches is the sweet spot for me.
Me also. I totally get why Apple went with 4.7 for iphone 6. But man I wish it were 5". A lot of the android phones that were 5" seemed perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If I wanted to get the plus instead would it be best to cancel my 6 order before it ships or just return it once it comes? Problem is last time I canceled the phone order before it shipped my upgrade eligibility got screwed.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If I wanted to get the plus instead would it be best to cancel my 6 order before it ships or just return it once it comes? Problem is last time I canceled the phone order before it shipped my upgrade eligibility got screwed.

Then wait until you get it and return it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
After a couple of days, it's just getting annoying to use the Plus. Case or no case. I'm not finding the bigger screen really useful anyways. Landscape mode isn't something I use a lot besides movies or some games. Battery life isn't significantly better and maybe its me, but I can't tell much of a difference between pics made on a 6 vs the 6 plus.

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
iphone 6 Plus SOLD on ebay, just ordered the full price iPhone 6 64gb, after all this I ended up spending $165 for the new iPhone 6..... not too bad.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I considered it, but the 6 is a little too small than what I'm looking for. I'm so used to doing stuff one-handed, it's difficult to hold and type without both hands.

So...I'm getting used to it. If I'm still awkward with it after a week, I'll revisit the 6.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My worry with the 6 was going to be its not a big enough of a upgrade compared to the 5S. The plus seems like more of a upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just returned from a nearby Best Buy store to personally view the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The clerk showed me the iPhone 6 first, and I was like, wow, this is a nice size and it looked better than I had anticipated. Then he showed me the iPhone 6 Plus. I was like, whoa! I could effectively pimp slap somebody with that thing. To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about getting it, although I know I'll adjust to it if I go ahead and get it. It's like my initial impression of the iPhone 6 is that it's the perfect size as opposed to the iPhone 6 plus in which my initial impression is that it's gigantic.

Last edited: