If I return the phone to Apple, does anybody know how long it takes AT&T to show my contract elegibility in order to get the 6 ???
    I was told 48hrs to 72hrs
    09-20-2014 08:38 PM
    Today after spending some time with the 6+, I went home and canceled my preorder and purchased a 128GB 6. It was a tough choice to make, but one that I think I will be happy with in the long run. I have always loved phones with big screens, but I have found that I eventually get frustrated with the extra work needed to do little things. The great thing about a cell phone is when it seamlessly becomes part of your day. When I tried the Note 3, I would get a bit fed up while trying to use my phone one handed in different situations. I have young kids, so one handed is most of my day... This is totally my personal opinion, but I think that after the initial excitement and wonder wore off, I would likely wish my phone was easier to use.

The iPhone 6 still has a nice, large screen. It feels like a fresh new phone, and more importantly I can pick it up and do everything I need to do to with it without having to "walk the phone" up my hand to reach the top.Worst case? I bring it back to Verizon and get back to the end of the long, long 6+ line
    I ended up returning mine for the same exact reasons. It wasn't the height but the width. I like the 6 but I think 5 inches is the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-20-2014 08:42 PM
    I ended up returning mine for the same exact reasons. It wasn't the height but the width. I like the 6 but I think 5 inches is the sweet spot for me.
    Me also. I totally get why Apple went with 4.7 for iphone 6. But man I wish it were 5". A lot of the android phones that were 5" seemed perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-20-2014 09:45 PM
    If I wanted to get the plus instead would it be best to cancel my 6 order before it ships or just return it once it comes? Problem is last time I canceled the phone order before it shipped my upgrade eligibility got screwed.
    09-21-2014 02:42 AM
    If I wanted to get the plus instead would it be best to cancel my 6 order before it ships or just return it once it comes? Problem is last time I canceled the phone order before it shipped my upgrade eligibility got screwed.
    Then wait until you get it and return it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 06:39 AM
    After a couple of days, it's just getting annoying to use the Plus. Case or no case. I'm not finding the bigger screen really useful anyways. Landscape mode isn't something I use a lot besides movies or some games. Battery life isn't significantly better and maybe its me, but I can't tell much of a difference between pics made on a 6 vs the 6 plus.
    Last edited by cardfan; 09-21-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    09-21-2014 12:14 PM
    iphone 6 Plus SOLD on ebay, just ordered the full price iPhone 6 64gb, after all this I ended up spending $165 for the new iPhone 6..... not too bad.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 12:22 PM
    I considered it, but the 6 is a little too small than what I'm looking for. I'm so used to doing stuff one-handed, it's difficult to hold and type without both hands.

So...I'm getting used to it. If I'm still awkward with it after a week, I'll revisit the 6.
    09-21-2014 12:22 PM
    My worry with the 6 was going to be its not a big enough of a upgrade compared to the 5S. The plus seems like more of a upgrade.
    09-21-2014 12:40 PM
    I just returned from a nearby Best Buy store to personally view the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The clerk showed me the iPhone 6 first, and I was like, wow, this is a nice size and it looked better than I had anticipated. Then he showed me the iPhone 6 Plus. I was like, whoa! I could effectively pimp slap somebody with that thing. To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about getting it, although I know I'll adjust to it if I go ahead and get it. It's like my initial impression of the iPhone 6 is that it's the perfect size as opposed to the iPhone 6 plus in which my initial impression is that it's gigantic.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 12:41 PM
    iphone 6 Plus SOLD on ebay, just ordered the full price iPhone 6 64gb, after all this I ended up spending $165 for the new iPhone 6..... not too bad.
    Did you make a profit on it?
    09-21-2014 12:56 PM
    This was my exact concern. I don't think the 6 plus would ever really like it fit into my day like my old phones have. To be honest, even the 6 feels a bit too big at times. The money I made from selling my plus landed me with a 128 GB 6, and so far I am sticking to my guns.
    Guacho likes this.
    09-21-2014 12:57 PM
    I just returned a nearby Best Buy store to personally view the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The clerk showed me the iPhone 6 first, and I was like, wow, this is a nice size and it looked better than I had anticipated. Then he showed me the iPhone 6 Plus. I was like, whoa! I could effectively pimp slap somebody with that thing. To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about getting it, although I know I'll adjust to it if I go ahead and get it. It's like my initial impression of the iPhone 6 is that it's the perfect size as opposed to the iPhone 6 plus in which my initial impression is that it's gigantic.
    I never thought I'd want a phone this size, but I'm loving it so far. Still adjusting to the size, of course but I've found that I can even type one handed for the most part by resting my fingers on the back rather than curling them around the far side. And two handed typing is much quicker and I mistype less frequently because the larger keys are easier to hit properly.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 01:18 PM
    I never thought I'd want a phone this size, but I'm loving it so far. Still adjusting to the size, of course but I've found that I can even type one handed for the most part by resting my fingers on the back rather than curling them around the far side. And two handed typing is much quicker and I mistype less frequently because the larger keys are easier to hit properly.
    I pretty much know I'm going to go ahead and get it and just think that the size of the 6 Plus caught me off-guard. ...
    09-21-2014 01:22 PM
    I'll have mine tomorrow so I'll see how it goes, can't wait.
    09-21-2014 01:24 PM
    Did you make a profit on it?
    After all eBay and PayPal fees my profit was about 150 bucks which is acceptable since I was actually looking to get rid of the 6 plus , not going crazy to resell it and make a profit, it sold 20 minutes after I listed it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 02:27 PM
    I just returned a nearby Best Buy store to personally view the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The clerk showed me the iPhone 6 first, and I was like, wow, this is a nice size and it looked better than I had anticipated. Then he showed me the iPhone 6 Plus. I was like, whoa! I could effectively pimp slap somebody with that thing. To be honest, I'm having second thoughts about getting it, although I know I'll adjust to it if I go ahead and get it. It's like my initial impression of the iPhone 6 is that it's the perfect size as opposed to the iPhone 6 plus in which my initial impression is that it's gigantic.
    I was intent on the 6+ D. Heck I waited in line for 10 hours to get it lol. But once my 6 came I instantly knew the 6 was for me. I get a nice bump in screen without having to change a thing regarding my habits. One handed is a breeze. I love it 😊
    09-21-2014 02:54 PM
    This was my exact concern. I don't think the 6 plus would ever really like it fit into my day like my old phones have. To be honest, even the 6 feels a bit too big at times. The money I made from selling my plus landed me with a 128 GB 6, and so far I am sticking to my guns.
    I agree the i6 feels too big at times but I think over time I'll adapt. No way I could do the +. But I do feel the i6 will be the ideal phone for my needs. The screen is much improved over my 5s. My battery is way better also. And the camera is great!
    anon4757448 likes this.
    09-21-2014 03:10 PM
    After a couple of days, it's just getting annoying to use the Plus. Case or no case. I'm not finding the bigger screen really useful anyways. Landscape mode isn't something I use a lot besides movies or some games. Battery life isn't significantly better and maybe its me, but I can't tell much of a difference between pics made on a 6 vs the 6 plus.
    It's the same camera just without OIS so in real life I guess it'll be pretty hard to see any difference. I love the screen size and it will be better when all apps are re design for these screens, but the deal breaker for me was the one hand handling, Im willing to sacrifice some of it, but it was getting to a point where I had to use both hands all the time to do things efficiently, I knew in a couple of hours it wasn't for me.
    09-21-2014 03:17 PM
    Battery life isn't significantly better
    I'm at 5 hours 45 minutes usage and 9 hours and 36 minutes standby time. Still have 40% battery left. I'd say that's significantly better
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 03:21 PM
    It's the same camera just without OIS so in real life I guess it'll be pretty hard to see any difference. I love the screen size and it will be better when all apps are re design for these screens, but the deal breaker for me was the one hand handling, Im willing to sacrifice some of it, but it was getting to a point where I had to use both hands all the time to do things efficiently, I knew in a couple of hours it wasn't for me.
    Interesting. I thought I'd have lots of trouble one handing this beast but I've managed to adapt my hold on the phone to be able to type fairly well one handed using my thumb. Not due though if this will work walking around or not because I'm just resting my four fingers on the back. It's secure enough for one handed typing on the couch but walking may be different.
    09-21-2014 03:24 PM
    Interesting. I thought I'd have lots of trouble one handing this beast but I've managed to adapt my hold on the phone to be able to type fairly well one handed using my thumb. Not due though if this will work walking around or not because I'm just resting my four fingers on the back. It's secure enough for one handed typing on the couch but walking may be different.
    I'm finding that one handed use is okay while walking around. My grip has adjusted too and my fingers are just "resting" on the back. But the way it is cupped in my hand I'm alright with it.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 04:24 PM
    Love my plus. I chew through battery power. I can text with 1 hand and it fits in all my pockets. Very very happy with my 6 plus
    nikkisharif and crankerchick like this.
    09-21-2014 04:41 PM
    I was really overwhelmed the first time I held it. But after 2+ days, I am convinced that I could not go back to a smaller screen. I was always a "2-hander", so no real change for me with the iPhone 6 Plus.
    09-21-2014 04:54 PM
    I wouldn't go back to a smaller phone. I love the big screen. i gotta admit I'm still getting used to it. but I'm loving it!!!!!

however, i don't see a person with small hands using the plus. it would be hard unless they manage to do it (idk how tho).
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2014 05:18 PM
171 12345 ...