What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outline of the iphone 6 Plus?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box with an outline of the phone. No picture. Nothing.

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
re: What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outline of the iphone 6 Plus?

Nice and simple.. It's whats inside that matters.. ;-)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
re: What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outline of the iphone 6 Plus?

I'll be honest, it bothered me more than I think it should have...lol! I sat there for several minutes wondering why a picture of my 6+ wasn't on the front, and why the model designation wasn't on the side. I mean it's such a trivial, petty thing, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me at all...no idea why really, because the device is wonderful, but while boxing up my space grey 5S, I couldn't help but admire how much better the previous packaging looked.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site

I'll be honest, it bothered me more than I think it should have...lol! I sat there for several minutes wondering why a picture of my 6+ wasn't on the front, and why the model designation wasn't on the side. I mean it's such a trivial, petty thing, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me at all...no idea why really, because the device is wonderful, but while boxing up my space grey 5S, I couldn't help but admire how much better the previous packaging looked.

Exactly how I was feeling the entire time! At least I k I wasn't the only one!

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Maybe they ran out of time

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
6 Plus box style?

I thought I had a fake delivery when I fist got the phone cause of the box. It's very unlike apple, hopefully they'll be more creative with presentation

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I was a bit confused by this as well... it looks odd in comparison to all the other boxes... but like someone said, it's what's inside that counts :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

This is truly a first world problem. :)

At first it was "no big deal - I’m more concerned about what’s inside the box". Then, after I had my phone doing it’s restore, I moved the box to its new home with it’s ancestors (boxes from the original iPhone and all iterations of the iPhone through the 5S) and something just wasn’t right. It was like one of those kids puzzles where you have to pick the one item that is different from the rest.

C'mon, Apple. We expected more. (I know, it’s just a box. Right!)

View attachment 65300View attachment 65301

dino325

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Holy cow that's a lot of boxes! I'm certainly impressed! Hah

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I bet you they put a picture on the box next year... I first saw that and started feeling my OCD kick in... I'm waiting for someone to draw a phone on the box and post a pic.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm really disappointed in the presentation of the box. I keep asking myself my they would do that. It's really strange. I know the product is more important but a little art work wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I wonder what sir Steve jobs would think.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Yeah for a spit second I wondered if I had a counterfeit phone delivered to me. Only a split second, mind.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

This is truly a first world problem. :)

At first it was "no big deal - I’m more concerned about what’s inside the box". Then, after I had my phone doing it’s restore, I moved the box to its new home with it’s ancestors (boxes from the original iPhone and all iterations of the iPhone through the 5S)

I wish I had kept the boxes for all my previous iPhones. :(

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I didn't look at the box long enough to worry about it. Now the box is safely packed away in my garage. Yeah I'm one of those who keeps all the boxes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They had to get these phones out and delivered ASAP. No time for pretty boxes. Didn't the Beatles have a White album? White is just their thing now. Look at those wallpapers that were white enough to sear holes in my pupils.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Same here, having recently bought an iPad air I am disappointed to see that the air had the picture on the box while the iPhone only has a silhouette.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh