What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outline of the iphone 6 Plus?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 2G - iphone 1
iPhone 3G - iphone 2
iPhone 3GS - iPhone 3
iPhone 4 - iPhone 4
iPhone 4S - iphone 5
iPhone 5 - iphone 6
iPhone 5s - iphone 7
iPhone 6 - iphone 8

I figured that the 5C wouldn't really count as it is basically just a 5 in plastic. And the 6 Plus is still just a 6. It shouldn't get a seperate number.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
etute4up.jpg

I actually like the boxes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I read somewhere that the 'printless' packaging has to do with their Eco-friendly strategy. I guess not having print on the box saves the environment!

I'm leaning towards this reason. If you notice that on the stickers on the back of the boxes that show you all the info, they feel a bit more different than previous. A little bit more rougher. Feels like a different material.

Last edited:

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm leaning towards this reason. If you notice that on the stickers on the back of the boxes that show you all the info, they feel a bit more different that previous. A little bit more rougher. Feels like a different material.

Recycled paper boxes have that thicker more rough feel. So I think that is what is going on here.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well there's goes our hunch on the "easier to make" boxes for all phones because you don't have to put the color of the phone on the box.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Are these all yours? If so, why do you have so many?

It's kind of a tradition
Here is one from the iPhone 4 launch, when I use to augment my mobile set up with blackberry.

ysy8e2e4.jpg

I currently use 4 iPhones each with a different SIM card, I travel a lot for business; venture capitalist focusing in the mobile sector, so I need to stay connected and accessible.

Most of my colleagues are either utilizing two or three handsets each.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outlin...

Not sure where this will lead, as far as future naming conventions, but if the pattern holds, next fall will bring the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.

Notice the 6 is the only one with an apple in front. Also, notice it's called Apple Pay and Apple Watch not iPay and iWatch. I get the feeling it will be Apple Phone very soon.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outlin...

Notice the 6 is the only one with an apple in front. Also, notice it's called Apple Pay and Apple Watch not iPay and iWatch. I get the feeling it will be Apple Phone very soon.

I don't think they would have ever used Ipay, I + a verb doesn't seem to work. Apple never released an iplay, instead it was air play and carplay.

Regarding apple watch, it's a peripheral not a stand alone product. Think Apple TV.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Three pages of posts on a box.

WOW! :laughing:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What was Apple's reasoning for having a practically all white box w/an outlin...

I didn't know what to think when I first saw the packaging. Haha I don't necessarily like it but I'm not worried about the box! I did however expect something great.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I think they are prepping us for a new naming scheme just here me out in the past we have always had the number designation now you have just iPhone on the box. I think they are moving away and the future iPhones will be just that just like their MacBooks and other devices no numbers just names. The blank white box is apple to a tee one they were releasing a new product if the box partners printed the actual image color and so on the box this would have leaked and confirmed more crap so apple just left it plain and white with a big phone on it like a casket or something. this is just my thoughts but get ready for no more numbers the next iPhone will be just that iPhone and iPhone Plus

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I think they are prepping us for a new naming scheme just here me out in the past we have always had the number designation now you have just iPhone on the box. I think they are moving away and the future iPhones will be just that just like their MacBooks and other devices no numbers just names. The blank white box is apple to a tee one they were releasing a new product if the box partners printed the actual image color and so on the box this would have leaked and confirmed more crap so apple just left it plain and white with a big phone on it like a casket or something. this is just my thoughts but get ready for no more numbers the next iPhone will be just that iPhone and iPhone Plus

The big difference is upgrade cycle. A computer gets updated less often, so it makes sense to not change the name every year. An iPhone,on the other hand, gets changed out every one or two years, so I can see why they need new names each year, and new numbers every two.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR