So VZW and Apple dropped the ball eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I ordred 1 minute after the iPhone went on sale online @ 3:01 EST and no phone today ,how friggin annoying .

Then I call and women says ship date looking Oct 10th argh

Should I skip the Plus?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you had a order confirmation showing shipment was scheduled for today? Or you ordered through your carrier website and had no such info and just assumed it would arrive today?

How again did Apple drop the ball?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 6+ from VZW a minute after they started pre order - where s my phone brah? Apple shorted supply

You ordered from a carrier store "brah"...had you ordered from the Apple store app like many of us did at the same time, you'd have your iPhone today, but you chose poorly. Maybe next time you'll heed the advice from others and stick with ordering directly from Apple, since they didn't drop the ball today (I have one in my hand that proves that).

You had no promise of delivery today, so if you were sitting around waiting for it instead of checking the shipment date your carrier provided to you, you can only blame yourself.

Better luck next time buddy.

giphy.gif

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've never really trusted carriers in general. For devices that are exclusive to a carrier (and usually contain carrier branded OSs and junkware installed), they probably have a much better handle on supply levels, etc. For the iPhones, Apple controls the manufacturing chain and sells to carriers. As such, I decided a couple of years ago that dealing directly with Apple 1) put me closer to the manufacturing chain, and 2) was a much more pleasant experience than dealing with the carrier. Others may have a better relationship with a particular carrier or carrier store, but I've never had that. Also, since the carriers did away with any kind of "early" upgrade (like you used to be able to do after 18-20 months into a two year contract), I had even less of a reason to buy an iPhone from them. And when it comes to launch day, the only entity that will know how many units are available is probably the one making them, so Apple gets my business.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You ordered from a carrier store "brah"...had you ordered from the Apple store app like many of us did at the same time, you'd have your iPhone today, but you chose poorly. Maybe next time you'll heed the advice from others and stick with ordering directly from Apple, since they didn't drop the ball today (I have one in my hand that proves that).

You had no promise of delivery today, so if you were sitting around waiting for it instead of checking the shipment date your carrier provided to you, you can only blame yourself.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/qHho9D3nk3nS8/giphy.gif

Apple dropped the ball on my plus order. It was supposed to get here Friday but wont arrive until Tuesday through Thursday, they blamed it on att in an email. I called att and we did a conference call with Apple and the rep straight up called the Apple rep out about the email. All I know is that now there is a free case and headphones on their way with the phone, and a big old apology about the confusion. I was able to get the 6 at the carrier store with no hassle, thank goodness.

detfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

http://media2.giphy.com/media/qHho9D3nk3nS8/giphy.gif

This guy...All he does is go from thread to thread making his self feel better than everyone else. Get a life man, seriously.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
How are you going to blame apple when you ordered through the carrier? I originally preordered through att 3 minutes after preorders went live and got a ship date of mid November. I didn't blame apple. I did and do blame att though. I cancelled the order and placed and order with apple. Then went and got in line at an Apple Store Thursday night. Got my 6 plus in hand now and cancelled the Apple.com order.

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a huge problem with this as well but I ended up getting my phone from Verizon store on launch day 6+ 128. They had at east 100 6+ in the store. but yet no one who preordered was getting them. I cry foul on Verizon. Preorders should have had priority

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I preordered from VZW on that first night for a 6+ and they emailed me a confirmation a few minutes after my order showing 9/19 as the delivery date. A couple days later VZW sent me a shipping confirmation.

If you didn't get both emails that clearly listed when you would get your iPhone, how have either Apple or VZW dropped the ball. Simply because you submitted the order at 3:01 AM doesn't mean they turned around and said they would deliver your phone on 9/19.

Did you get such a confirmation and didn't share that detail with us?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This guy...All he does is go from thread to thread making his self feel better than everyone else. Get a life man, seriously.

The fact you said "his self" tells me what I need to know about you, lol! I have a great life, no need to get another one.

You come to iMore and blame Apple for your own choices or another companies mistakes, you're going to get called out...period.

As far as the person who had a conference call between Apple and AT&T...don't you find it funny that Apple, as usual, is prepared to bend over backwards to make you happy as a customer vs. AT&T who just wanted to pass the blame (as you indicated yourself by saying the rep called out the Apple representative). Say what you will, but I think I'd tend to side with Apple given their historic service record vs. AT&T's, which has been historically pretty awful.

Is Apple perfect? Hell no! I had an issue with Apple's stock system on Friday myself (in regards to a case), but thankfully, Apple seems to strive for consumer satisfaction even if they have to take the fall for an issue. AT&T just looks for the quickest way out without having to give up too much...err...anything.

detfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact you said "his self" tells me what I need to know about you, lol! I have a great life, no need to get another one.

You come to iMore and blame Apple for your own choices or another companies mistakes, you're going to get called out...period.

As far as the person who had a conference call between Apple and AT&T...don't you find it funny that Apple, as usual, is prepared to bend over backwards to make you happy as a customer vs. AT&T who just wanted to pass the blame (as you indicated yourself by saying the rep called out the Apple representative). Say what you will, but I think I'd tend to side with Apple given their historic service record vs. AT&T's, which has been historically pretty awful.

Is Apple perfect? Hell no! I had an issue with Apple's stock system on Friday myself (in regards to a case), but thankfully, Apple seems to strive for consumer satisfaction even if they have to take the fall for an issue. AT&T just looks for the quickest way out without having to give up too much...err...anything.

I cannot believe I missed this. Anyway, the fact that you took the time to correct my spelling tells me plenty about you.
As for that that tells you about me? Not really sure. take your best shot though, I'll be sure to hang on your every word to find what you think of me based on a misspelled word. :yes:

Clown!!!

Now I am done.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I cannot believe I missed this. Anyway, the fact that you took the time to correct my spelling tells me plenty about you.
As for that that tells you about me? Not really sure. take your best shot though, I'll be sure to hang on your every word to find what you think of me based on a misspelled word. :yes:

Clown!!!

Now I am done.

I was expecting a lot more from you with 5 months to formulate that response, little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro