Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I actually normally get two days of use, easily. But, I've been chatting virtually all day via iMessage, thus my battery life is a little below par.
Also note, I've not got social media on my device. Seriously, that makes a big difference...

Is that pattern normal usage for you? I'm on the phone a fair amount throughout the day & leave LTE running it's faster than our wifi (pretty sad).

Phone
Email via LTE (about 30 per day)
Upload files to Dropbox
Browser, etc

If I can get 11+ hours of power with that kind of usage I'd be OK but not thrilled.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
0a845019998afa3465fe7eae0477c174.jpg

This is day 2. Seems to be pretty consistent. I can't image anyone wanting more from a phone battery. If it will last from 10 to 12 hours of usage that should get you from wake up to sleep each day. I don't understand the need for more than one day. Why not plug in at night? That's just my thought though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is day 2. Seems to be pretty consistent. I can't image anyone wanting more from a phone battery. If it will last from 10 to 12 hours of usage that should get you from wake up to sleep each day. I don't understand the need for more than one day. Why not plug in at night? That's just my thought though.

Because some people's wake to sleep time differ from your own...some people have jobs that require the device to last longer than what you consider a normal "day". My wife, for instance, when they get into a heavy shooting day and the production crew is not letting up after your normal 8-12 hours, needs her device to last 15-17 hours without having to worry about usage...and because she has a regular 6, she has to have back up power sources or a quick charge here and there. I don't think the 6 Plus would suffice in her situation either.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Because some people's wake to sleep time differ from your own...some people have jobs that require the device to last longer than what you consider a normal "day". My wife, for instance, when they get into a heavy shooting day and the production crew is not letting up after your normal 8-12 hours, needs her device to last 15-17 hours without having to worry about usage...and because she has a regular 6, she has to have back up power sources or a quick charge here and there. I don't think the 6 Plus would suffice in her situation either.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm up from 5:30am to about midnight everyday but not away from power very often. I've left my phone unplugged purely to see how long it lasts.

I can see where in your situation you would want a longer battery life. I would say that is probably a small percentage of users that need 15 plus hours of usage without charging but still it's an issue for your wife and those with similar needs. The battery life is impressive now on the 6 plus and I can only imagine it will get better with next generation. In the meantime, Good thing there are plenty of power extending sources available for the iPhone. That's a benefit of using an iPhone. Lots of accessories.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for clarifying. I'm up from 5:30am to about midnight everyday but not away from power very often. I've left my phone unplugged purely to see how long it lasts.

I can see where in your situation you would want a longer battery life. I would say that is probably a small percentage of users that need 15 plus hours of usage without charging but still it's an issue for your wife and those with similar needs. The battery life is impressive now on the 6 plus and I can only imagine it will get better with next generation. In the meantime, Good thing there are plenty of power extending sources available for the iPhone. That's a benefit of using an iPhone. Lots of accessories.

I guess in the scheme of things sure, it's a smaller segment of consumer...I consider most of them on another level than even heavy users...SUPER ULTRA heavy users, lol.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
84316779f49c86e8e7a6bf337e9115bb.jpg
almost 10 hours and 1 day. Heavy usage. I'll fully charge it and try it on 4G today.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Very impressed user right here! For the first time since I've gotten my iPhone 6, I've actually gotten through a whole day without being charged. Now, to be honest, a lot of that had to do with me watching 4 hours of movies on my work computer, but I was still using my phone while I was watching movies and had iTunes Radio and some other audio apps on almost the entire time I was at work when I wasn't watching movies.
253d45621248b0d13a639fb60a1730fd.jpg

Edit: just realized I posted in the wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks pretty normal to me but you have about 300 posts prior to yours to compare it to. You can compare and judge for yourself.

The usage hours will vary depending on what you are doing. Reading forums won't take as much battery as watching videos. It just depends.

I've actually noticed that when I'm watching local videos on my phone, I get better battery life than when I'm constantly refreshing tapatalk. So yes, just reading will get better battery life than watching videos, but loading up the content to read in the case of tapatalk, in my experience, uses more battery.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've actually noticed that when I'm watching local videos on my phone, I get better battery life than when I'm constantly refreshing tapatalk. So yes, just reading will get better battery life than watching videos, but loading up the content to read in the case of tapatalk, in my experience, uses more battery.

Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to that. Thanks for sharing.

anon9227349

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Currently, I'm still getting around two days of battery life, and that is with moderate use. I've since added social media (Instagram and Twitter) back on my Plus. Over the next few days we'll see what happens with battery life.

heathertrent

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
fe74a1bd503c5eab902d2d78cde7cd01.jpg

I had it plugged into my laptop for over an hour while adding more music. I had 49% battery when it started charging and 72% when I unplugged it. A lot of the time I was using LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
97a031af4906272a2b563977fd083961.jpg
I turned off some of the location settings that constantly use it. Background refresh off. Auto brightness. Push mail (but I use Cloud magic). Super heavy usage.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR