Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I average 9-10 hours usage, which I believe is the average based on what I've seen. Those 16-24+ hour usage results just simply cannot be true. Anything over 12 hours also makes me doubtful. Unless the majority of time is spent on the home and lock screen (which some are from what I've seen), the results should usually be closer to 10 hours. Maybe a bit less maybe a bit more

I totally agree - It almost seems like some folks on here (not all, some) with high results do nothing but put on a fancy lock screen and post on here.

In my case, real usage would be a 10 hour day of everything from:

• Creating content (Spreadsheets, documents, presentations, Evernote, etc)
  • Making/receiving audio or video calls
  • Sending/receiving texts/email
  • Reading/searching web content
  • Using the phone as a hotspot
  • Shooting video or taking pictures (maybe a little editing in there as well depending on the day).
For now, my iPad Air does about 2/3 of those things and the 5s does the rest but if I could get all those things done with the 6 Plus and still have a respectable amount of power left to get through 2-3 hours of home usage before bed, I'd be thrilled.

corytx8

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
426477ee7d9fc3a53f47045c5ef1ad01.jpg

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got my plus today and it was initially charged at 61%. It has drained fairly quickly over the last four hours, however I did have a few lengthy phone calls and of course app downloads and updates. Now at 1%. Should I be concerned?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my plus today and it was initially charged at 61%. It has drained fairly quickly over the last four hours, however I did have a few lengthy phone calls and of course app downloads and updates. Now at 1%. Should I be concerned?

I wouldn't be...I wasn't impressed by my 6 Plus's battery life until about 3-4 days after I had been using it like I normally would. Charge it full a few times, and then report back what you're getting this weekend.

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be...I wasn't impressed by my 6 Plus's battery life until about 3-4 days after I had been using it like I normally would. Charge it full a few times, and then report back what you're getting this weekend.

Thanks! I let it run all the way down and now charging it to 100%. I'll update in a couple days.

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on day three of having my plus. Battery still not great, and when I look up the usage it lists the App Store as draining the most of it (and it also says it has a low signal). I'm not on the App Store and it's not opened on my phone. What's the deal?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on day three of having my plus. Battery still not great, and when I look up the usage it lists the App Store as draining the most of it (and it also says it has a low signal). I'm not on the App Store and it's not opened on my phone. What's the deal?

Maybe you have push notifications set on for the App Store and/or background app refresh and auto updates set on.
Just set every setting of the App Store to OFF.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2