IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions

prixx

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Great videos and photos with the 6+. The videos are substantially bettern than on the 6. That would be the absolute pro argument for me.
But the onehand functions of the iOS 8 on the 6plus is idealess. Don't understand why there is no such function for the keyboard like on the Samsung Note - UI Elements for one-handed layout.
Will be there apps, what do you think?

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Great videos and photos with the 6+. The videos are substantially bettern than on the 6. That would be the absolute pro argument for me.
But the onehand functions of the iOS 8 on the 6plus is idealess. Don't understand why there is no such function for the keyboard like on the Samsung Note - UI Elements for one-handed layout.
Will be there apps, what do you think?

Are they? Where have you noticed that? I've ahead and ordered the regular 6, but onto because I had convinced myself the camera wasn't too different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prixx

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
For videos the optical image stabilisation in the 6+ dors really a good job (I'm into that).
But again the onehanded keybord layout (e.c. Like on the Samsung Note) is for me the killer argument. I'm really good with my thumb but without this feature it's impossible to write fluently with one hand on the 6+. But since iOS 6 apps can do more. Somebody knows if the keybord layout can (will) be chanced, so you can write onehanded?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
For videos the optical image stabilisation in the 6+ dors really a good job (I'm into that).
But again the onehanded keybord layout (e.c. Like on the Samsung Note) is for me the killer argument. I'm really good with my thumb but without this feature it's impossible to write fluently with one hand on the 6+. But since iOS 6 apps can do more. Somebody knows if the keybord layout can (will) be chanced, so you can write onehanded?

Have you tried using swype? It helps

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Pre ordered on Verizon was waiting and waiting then Apple app said in stock so I bought got it 30 min later and cancel my pre order lol

First impression
Wow it's big

I got the 128gb so my next thing I noticed it I have a ton of storage ..

Still getting used to size it still fits in my pocket ...

Wife thinks it's too big she wants a 6 .. As for me I'm happy with the plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prixx

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using swype? It helps

No, but the left keys are with swype also difficult. Sadly it seems there is still no app with a one-handed keyboard layout. And what I read it's not sure if it's possible for the developers.
The double tab on the home button as the one and only solution for one-handed handling is poor. I think apple doesn't have a conclusive GUI (grafic user interface) for such a phablet like the 6+. The strengh of OS and iOS is the simplification. But in this case, well it's a flaw. Will see in the next week if a keyboard layout for one-handed use will come. If somebody knows a clou please post.

Sci_Fy

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised at how quickly I've gotten used to the size actually. From being on the fence last week and teetering on switching to the 6 I'm now 100% convinced that the plus is the right phone for me. It doesn't even feel that big anymore and with the apple leather case it feels nice and grippy in the hand. Totally loving it now.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6 Plus :reviews and first impressions

No, but the left keys are with swype also difficult. Sadly it seems there is still no app with a one-handed keyboard layout. And what I read it's not sure if it's possible for the developers.
The double tab on the home button as the one and only solution for one-handed handling is poor. I think apple doesn't have a conclusive GUI (grafic user interface) for such a phablet like the 6+. The strengh of OS and iOS is the simplification. But in this case, well it's a flaw. Will see in the next week if a keyboard layout for one-handed use will come. If somebody knows a clou please post.

I actually don't mind reach ability mode. My reflex is not to use it yet, but I like it and think it's useful. What is absolutely terrible though are the layout of the keys when typing. In vertical mode, the space bar is too small and 75% of the time I hit the period instead. In landscape, it's even worse as the keys are located in the toughest part of the screen to get to (the center of the screen in the stretching landscape mode). They are just thrown together and it looks very odd and feels even stranger typing. It becomes more of a challenge for me to see if I can type a full sentence without errors and hit the send button without hitting one of the many buttons and commands surround it, rather than what it should be.....a nice clean layout that makes typing easily. They need this to be a split keyboard. That seems like a no brainer!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I absolutely HATE the power button on the side. Half the time when I push it, the other end of my hand ends up pushing one of the volume buttons.
Also, when I use the volume up button to snap a picture, sometimes the other end of my hand pushes the power button.

Landscape mode on the home screen is driving me crazy. I thought I would like it, but I don't constantly moving back and forth to portrait. If I am in an app using landscape and I push the home button, I am used to seeing it automatically go back to portrait. But instead it is in landscape. It would be nice if there was a way to lock just the home screen orientation and not the rest, to make it work like all other iphone models.

Changing orientation while watching some videos (I think it was in facebook), pauses the video and/or restarts it.

Email app doesn't show the status bar on the top in landscape. Not sure if this is an ios8 thing or what, but it is annoying.

Personally, I think the phone is too big. I have big hands, but I cannot use it safely in one hand. I can't simultaneously maintain a good grip while using my thumb on the screen.

Battery life seems like all other iphones that I have had when they were brand new. We will see in a few months from now after several charges where it stands. Although, I am already thinking of getting the 6 and selling the 6+ because of mainly the size. It just doesn't have that "convenient" feel to it anymore like my 5S did.

Now for the positive. Screen is great. Nice for viewing videos, pictures, and reading larger text.

I would like to see some sort of a slim case that has something like a handle on the back, or a little tab that snaps open and closed. This would allow for one-handed use while maintaining a safe grip. Meaning, right now, I can wrap my hand around the back and have a good grip, but then I cant use my thumb on the screen. If I could grip a handle on the back that would not require me to wrap my fingers all the way around, that might make me stay with the 6+ instead of the 6.
For example, imagine a case with a belt clip on the back. You could use the belt clip to help grip the phone. But something with a lower profile would be good.

Return it.:crying:

RetroHarley

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
N
I just received my 6+ last night. Apparently, Verizon Wireless has a lot of customers getting the new iPhone. It took a very long time to talk to a CS rep to activate the phone. But it worth it. The phone is great. It is larger than my Samsung Galaxy S phone, but not too large. I don't have problem navigating and typing on this phone. Also I wear skinny chinos and I don't have problem putting the phone in my hip pocket. I have the red Apple leather case on it right now. Will shop for a waterproof case later. I will post more later with more usage.

If I may ask, when did you place your order? I ordered mine at 1:00 AM on the 13th and no ship date yet.

smooches680

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I love my phone but the data coverage stinks with Sprint. I get 3G and 1x service and maybe LTE and lots of wifi from my home here in Ga.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got my 6+ 64gig Spacegray today.
My first thought was: **** is it big!
Well it's a f**king big phone and some apps look really ugly on it, like tapatalk and whatsapp haha but well... I already fell in love with it, even it feels really big.
I think the apps will look great when they're optimized for the 6+, the display is truly beautiful and the build quality is amazing.
Everything I do feels really smooth and yeah... I can't say anything about the battery life by now, but I will figure it out.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

We stay away from Disneyland in October because of the Halloween hours so today was our first time using the 6+'s there (and we purposely didn't bring any chargers) and all I can say is WOW! Battery life is really amazing! :)

I am never away from one of my wall or car chargers for long, so I have been plugging in the phone whenever I am at my desk, etc. So I haven't really road-tested it until today.

I always used a mophie with my previous iPhones at Disney and would always completely burn through its battery a few hours in and then would probably be at 30% or less on the iPhone battery by the time we left the park.

I checked my 6+ battery when we were leaving today and it was at 78% after taking lots of photos and videos, as usual. I am beyond impressed! 👍

Last edited:

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys! Been using the iPhone 6 Plus for about a week, thought I'd share some observations.

1.) The fit and finish of the hardware. In a word? Excellent. The feel of the phone in hand is very pleasant. The curves and rounded design is very pleasing to feel in hand. The overall seamless design language is well executed and draws the eyes and the hands to the device and that's a good thing.

2.) The external speaker is actually rather good. I am a little surprised at the quality of the sound coming from the mono speaker especially in light of its awkward placement, bottom of the phone to the right of the centered lightning port. The sound is crisp and clear with minimal distortion even when cranked up. It also doesn't sound 'tinny' like so many cell phones do, although the dynamic range still doesn't compete with the outstanding stereo speakers of say the HTC One M8.

3.) The screen. Also in a word: Outstanding. The screen is bright and sharp with natural tones that are not oversaturated. The panel is rated at 401 ppi and the 1080p HD shows. Everything from text to games to video is nice and crisp. Overall there is just something really pleasing to the display at almost any viewing angle. I also own a Note 4 and its screen is a BEAST, with an AMOLED display showcasing deeper blacks and a much higher ppi rating past 500, however I find myself enjoying the Apple panel more. Go figure.

4.) Performance. OK here is where things get a little dicey. My carrier is Verizon and I have the 16 GB version of the Plus. Being and Android user I have always admired Apple for the snappy smoothness of their devices. Something funny must have happened on the way to developing the new iPhones...LAG crept in. I have found that the transition from one app to another has been...laggy. Not instant the way Apple devices usually are. I'm running into a litany of performance hiccups that have me wondering if I grabbed my Note 4 instead. Opening up the Appstore and selecting one of the curated group of items? Lag lag lag lag and a message saying that the phone can't connect to the appstore. Load times for some apps and media have been really slow too. REALLY? I live in a full LTE area and when home I am connected to my WiFi which is a dual channel setup. How does that happen?

Also, the iPhone is supposed to have better connectivity whether its WiFi or cellular and I have experienced ho-hum speeds browsing or connection via apps in and out of the house. I'm not impressed. I have the latest update installed and have a very small amount of apps installed. I also close any program I use about 90% of the time. Keep in mind that this device only has ONE gig of RAM. Something tells me these issues would absolutely be resolved with a little extra memory to play with.

5.) YouTube and video performance is a HOT MESS. The YouTube app has been really bad in terms of overall performance. Stuttering, halting, pausing, and poor quality video that doesn't take advantage of the 1080p screen. Doesn't seem to matter what I watch I get just poor choppy performance and its not just YouTube. HBO GO has suffered the same issues. There definitely needs to be some tightening up of a few things with iOS8 because the hardware, (despite the lack of RAM), and my connectivity are more than adequate to provide good overall performance. Almost feels like a rushed product.

6.) The camera. VERY VERY GOOD. The interface is clean and simple and the resulting images are clear and sharp with minimal fuss and muss. It takes very good photos very quickly. Nuff Said.

7.) The ability to add third party keyboards is nice and way overdue.

8.) Battery Life. AWESOME. Very very good road warrior worthy battery. They did a great job with getting so much out of the larger battery.

9.) The fingerprint scanner is good. It is responsive but guess what? So is the one on my Note 4. Often times even though I have to swipe the scanner on the Note 4, it responds FASTER than the 6 plus. Go figure.

10.) There's a few apps that need updated for the 6 Plus BADLY. Audible and some of the Google apps to name a few. The scaling isn't up to par depending on the apps you choose to use.

Overall I reach for the 6 Plus to do everyday tasks and to play games. Its a beautifully designed and constructed phone. It is just a little buggy and I hope that Apple gets on things quick with their updates to smooth out the wrinkles.

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site

Love this phone. I got the iPhone 6 on release day because I didn't want to take the chance without seeing the 6 plus & to be fair I loved the 6. But when I got a chance to hold the 6 plus I knew I wanted one so I sold my 6 & got the 6 plus. I couldn't go back to the 5s now & the the 4s is smaller than the 6 plus screen. Crazy. And of course loving the battery life. No need for a mophie case anymore. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1415564158.967018.jpg

mrallank59

Nov 19, 2013
www.facebook.com
It's definitely not just "talk", there's several videos showing that the phone bends with little force. I do think I agree about the apple care plus plan though, and a good hard case. No matter what I'll never be happy with a plain 6.

Young man, don't be so gullible. When I first saw this I thought so what, you can also bend a galaxy note. And, if you're one of those who are dumb enough to put your phone in the pocket of your skinny boy jeans it's likely to bend and you deserve it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73