I got my iPhone 6 on 23rd Oct, but on 28th Oct, upgraded to the Plus.
    Yep, I'm impressed, Apple have re-won me over...
    10-31-2014 06:03 PM
    We stay away from Disneyland in October because of the Halloween hours so today was our first time using the 6+'s there (and we purposely didn't bring any chargers) and all I can say is WOW! Battery life is really amazing!

I am never away from one of my wall or car chargers for long, so I have been plugging in the phone whenever I am at my desk, etc. So I haven't really road-tested it until today.

I always used a mophie with my previous iPhones at Disney and would always completely burn through its battery a few hours in and then would probably be at 30% or less on the iPhone battery by the time we left the park.

I checked my 6+ battery when we were leaving today and it was at 78% after taking lots of photos and videos, as usual. I am beyond impressed! 👍
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 11-02-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    zerog46 and TomsAndroid like this.
    11-01-2014 11:13 PM
    I'm loving my iPhone 6+ just have to get use to it.
    11-03-2014 11:04 PM
    Hi Guys! Been using the iPhone 6 Plus for about a week, thought I'd share some observations.

1.) The fit and finish of the hardware. In a word? Excellent. The feel of the phone in hand is very pleasant. The curves and rounded design is very pleasing to feel in hand. The overall seamless design language is well executed and draws the eyes and the hands to the device and that's a good thing.

2.) The external speaker is actually rather good. I am a little surprised at the quality of the sound coming from the mono speaker especially in light of its awkward placement, bottom of the phone to the right of the centered lightning port. The sound is crisp and clear with minimal distortion even when cranked up. It also doesn't sound 'tinny' like so many cell phones do, although the dynamic range still doesn't compete with the outstanding stereo speakers of say the HTC One M8.

3.) The screen. Also in a word: Outstanding. The screen is bright and sharp with natural tones that are not oversaturated. The panel is rated at 401 ppi and the 1080p HD shows. Everything from text to games to video is nice and crisp. Overall there is just something really pleasing to the display at almost any viewing angle. I also own a Note 4 and its screen is a BEAST, with an AMOLED display showcasing deeper blacks and a much higher ppi rating past 500, however I find myself enjoying the Apple panel more. Go figure.

4.) Performance. OK here is where things get a little dicey. My carrier is Verizon and I have the 16 GB version of the Plus. Being and Android user I have always admired Apple for the snappy smoothness of their devices. Something funny must have happened on the way to developing the new iPhones...LAG crept in. I have found that the transition from one app to another has been...laggy. Not instant the way Apple devices usually are. I'm running into a litany of performance hiccups that have me wondering if I grabbed my Note 4 instead. Opening up the Appstore and selecting one of the curated group of items? Lag lag lag lag and a message saying that the phone can't connect to the appstore. Load times for some apps and media have been really slow too. REALLY? I live in a full LTE area and when home I am connected to my WiFi which is a dual channel setup. How does that happen?

Also, the iPhone is supposed to have better connectivity whether its WiFi or cellular and I have experienced ho-hum speeds browsing or connection via apps in and out of the house. I'm not impressed. I have the latest update installed and have a very small amount of apps installed. I also close any program I use about 90% of the time. Keep in mind that this device only has ONE gig of RAM. Something tells me these issues would absolutely be resolved with a little extra memory to play with.

5.) YouTube and video performance is a HOT MESS. The YouTube app has been really bad in terms of overall performance. Stuttering, halting, pausing, and poor quality video that doesn't take advantage of the 1080p screen. Doesn't seem to matter what I watch I get just poor choppy performance and its not just YouTube. HBO GO has suffered the same issues. There definitely needs to be some tightening up of a few things with iOS8 because the hardware, (despite the lack of RAM), and my connectivity are more than adequate to provide good overall performance. Almost feels like a rushed product.

6.) The camera. VERY VERY GOOD. The interface is clean and simple and the resulting images are clear and sharp with minimal fuss and muss. It takes very good photos very quickly. Nuff Said.

7.) The ability to add third party keyboards is nice and way overdue.

8.) Battery Life. AWESOME. Very very good road warrior worthy battery. They did a great job with getting so much out of the larger battery.

9.) The fingerprint scanner is good. It is responsive but guess what? So is the one on my Note 4. Often times even though I have to swipe the scanner on the Note 4, it responds FASTER than the 6 plus. Go figure.

10.) There's a few apps that need updated for the 6 Plus BADLY. Audible and some of the Google apps to name a few. The scaling isn't up to par depending on the apps you choose to use.

Overall I reach for the 6 Plus to do everyday tasks and to play games. Its a beautifully designed and constructed phone. It is just a little buggy and I hope that Apple gets on things quick with their updates to smooth out the wrinkles.
    11-09-2014 02:33 PM
    Love this phone. I got the iPhone 6 on release day because I didn't want to take the chance without seeing the 6 plus & to be fair I loved the 6. But when I got a chance to hold the 6 plus I knew I wanted one so I sold my 6 & got the 6 plus. I couldn't go back to the 5s now & the the 4s is smaller than the 6 plus screen. Crazy. And of course loving the battery life. No need for a mophie case anymore. IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1415564158.967018.jpg
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    11-09-2014 03:16 PM
    It's definitely not just "talk", there's several videos showing that the phone bends with little force. I do think I agree about the apple care plus plan though, and a good hard case. No matter what I'll never be happy with a plain 6.
    Young man, don't be so gullible. When I first saw this I thought so what, you can also bend a galaxy note. And, if you're one of those who are dumb enough to put your phone in the pocket of your skinny boy jeans it's likely to bend and you deserve it.
    11-10-2014 09:18 AM
    After spending 4 hours with my new 6 plus I feel it's a welcomed change from the previous iPhones. The screen size is awesome. My eyes welcome it. Landscape use is great. Reachability is a cool feature.

The side power button will take a few days to get used to after 7 years of having it on top. Setting up Apple Pay was a breeze. Especially setting a card with the camera. I was surprised how quickly it read the card number. Batt life as expected is awesome. Almost 4 hours of use and at 82% from 100%. I find myself using it two handed more than one which I don't mind at all.
    All in all fantastic device.
    11-11-2014 08:49 PM
    Young man, don't be so gullible. When I first saw this I thought so what, you can also bend a galaxy note. And, if you're one of those who are dumb enough to put your phone in the pocket of your skinny boy jeans it's likely to bend and you deserve it.
    Skinny boy jeans lol
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:43 PM
    I love it I don't use one hand on any phablet makes no sense to me!
    It's in my opinion made for two hand use either one. I owned the note series and now this phone and I find this to be the nicest working beautiful phone I've ever had the pleasure of owning
    I won't switch and honestly see me happily using this for 2 years easily even if I can upgrade again and again lol
    I love the camera love holding the phone,it's slim and just sexy w nails love it love love it!
    No complaints w noise camera phone layout apps nothing.
    11-12-2014 03:24 PM
    I had my first opportunity to manhandle the 6 and 6 Plus today. My Wife's 5c went nuts and I took it to the Verizon store for a new SIM card. While there I held both phones and played with them for a while. I definitely want the 6 Plus. I didn't find it too big. I will need new Cargo Pants. I have a bag I can use as a man bag. It's kind of a Fuchsia Rose color. Darker than regular Fuchsia. It'll work for me. It doesn't look sissy.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    11-12-2014 04:26 PM
    I've had mine for less than 24 hours, but I lovin' it so far. Since I'm coming from the Note 3, the (slightly) narrower screen will take some getting used to. Glad to be back on ios.
    11-13-2014 01:56 PM
    I laugh at myself whenever I try to lock it from the top. It's gonna take a while.
    11-13-2014 03:26 PM
    I love my 6 Plus and my defender case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-13-2014 05:56 PM
    I love my 6 Plus and my defender case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wish the defenders were easier to come by. Actually pretty much any case. They're few and far between where I am.
    11-13-2014 07:52 PM
    To get mine I would check the site a few times a day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    E_Brown likes this.
    11-13-2014 07:54 PM
    To get mine I would check the site a few times a day.

I have a tech 21 right now, I'll be okay with it until I can get a defender of a life proof. I can't believe how long cases are taking for this amazing phone.
    11-13-2014 08:00 PM
    Yeah it stinks. I'm trying to did the tech 21 with the white instead of orange

11-13-2014 08:01 PM
    I have a tech 21 right now, I'll be okay with it until I can get a defender of a life proof. I can't believe how long cases are taking for this amazing phone.
    Otter sends me emails telling me my 6 Plus Defender is waiting for me to order.

11-13-2014 08:04 PM
    Otter sends me emails telling me my 6 Plus Defender is waiting for me to order.

I got one saying that but then when I went to the site it said sold out.
    11-13-2014 08:17 PM
    I received my Verizon Silver 128GB iPhone 6 Plus 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately Verizon's service in the Philly area wasn't good, so I'm using it with my AT&T sim and it's perfect so far. I love the size of the 6 Plus. After only using it for one week, it makes my iPhone 6 seem tiny. They are both great upgrades, though. It's just that I prefer the larger 1080p screen of my 6 Plus over the low resolution screen on my 6. Don't have any complaints at all with the 6 Plus...

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.
    njshoregurlz likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:33 PM
    According to this iPhone 6 Plus review, the device can take a super slowmo video of up to 240fps:
    iPhone 6 Plus in a glance
    11-14-2014 12:30 AM
    According to this iPhone 6 Plus review, the device can take a super slowmo video of up to 240fps
    Yep, just tap the 120 FPS (bottom right in Slo-Mo) and it will change to 240 FPS.
    11-14-2014 03:06 AM
    Love it so far. My only complaint is battery life, what I am getting is much lower than the average, based on another thread here. I am thinking of bringing it back to Apple Store and have them take a look.
    11-18-2014 02:03 PM
    Man it's almost too big, definitely not the write move for 1 handed use.
    11-18-2014 09:07 PM
    Love it so far. My only complaint is battery life, what I am getting is much lower than the average, based on another thread here. I am thinking of bringing it back to Apple Store and have them take a look.
    I had same issues. When I got my 6 plus i restored from an iCloud back up. Knowing that corrupt files can be an issue with iCloud back ups I decided to fully back up to iTunes & do a restore from iTunes back up. This picture is from 8am to 7pm in the first day after doing that. Hopefully problem solved IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1416598797.583908.jpg
    Last edited by nat750; 11-24-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    11-21-2014 02:40 PM
179 ... 23456 ...