Not to mention : iPhone 6 plus phones are more serceptible to bendgate.
    I wouldn't worry -- The 6+ actually did better than the 6 and other phones in Consumer Reports' force tests which also proved that ALL phones will "bend" and break under substantial pressure: http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=301131
    Speedygi and dazzlingirl like this.
    09-29-2014 12:02 PM
    Not to mention : iPhone 6 plus phones are more serceptible to bendgate.
    True. But I'll make sure I have a case, and am extra careful. Worst case scenario, I get it replaced under Australian consumer law or something. That's if Apple refuses to replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 05:57 PM
    I wouldn't worry -- The 6+ actually did better than the 6 and other phones in Consumer Reports' force tests which also proved that ALL phones will "bend" and break under substantial pressure: http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=301131
    The fact that the 6+ did better is SO irrelevant. I can guarantee, the iPhone 6+ will bend in your pocket much more easily than the 6. These tests aren't an accurate representation of what kind of pressure would be on the phones.

09-29-2014 06:00 PM
    I absolutely HATE the power button on the side. Half the time when I push it, the other end of my hand ends up pushing one of the volume buttons.
    Also, when I use the volume up button to snap a picture, sometimes the other end of my hand pushes the power button.

Landscape mode on the home screen is driving me crazy. I thought I would like it, but I don't constantly moving back and forth to portrait. If I am in an app using landscape and I push the home button, I am used to seeing it automatically go back to portrait. But instead it is in landscape. It would be nice if there was a way to lock just the home screen orientation and not the rest, to make it work like all other iphone models.

Changing orientation while watching some videos (I think it was in facebook), pauses the video and/or restarts it.

Email app doesn't show the status bar on the top in landscape. Not sure if this is an ios8 thing or what, but it is annoying.

Personally, I think the phone is too big. I have big hands, but I cannot use it safely in one hand. I can't simultaneously maintain a good grip while using my thumb on the screen.

Battery life seems like all other iphones that I have had when they were brand new. We will see in a few months from now after several charges where it stands. Although, I am already thinking of getting the 6 and selling the 6+ because of mainly the size. It just doesn't have that "convenient" feel to it anymore like my 5S did.

Now for the positive. Screen is great. Nice for viewing videos, pictures, and reading larger text.

I would like to see some sort of a slim case that has something like a handle on the back, or a little tab that snaps open and closed. This would allow for one-handed use while maintaining a safe grip. Meaning, right now, I can wrap my hand around the back and have a good grip, but then I cant use my thumb on the screen. If I could grip a handle on the back that would not require me to wrap my fingers all the way around, that might make me stay with the 6+ instead of the 6.
    For example, imagine a case with a belt clip on the back. You could use the belt clip to help grip the phone. But something with a lower profile would be good.
    09-30-2014 11:48 AM
    The fact that the 6+ did better is SO irrelevant. I can guarantee, the iPhone 6+ will bend in your pocket much more easily than the 6. These tests aren't an accurate representation of what kind of pressure would be on the phones.

Yes, of course it would be easier to "bend" a 6+ than a 6 or any smaller phone in one's pocket because...well, it's BIGGER.

But the *relevant* point I was actually making is that nothing is unbreakable and ANYTHING will *bend* or break if put under enough force/pressure/energy/trauma. The fact that the 6+ fared better in the CR tests is just a plus. (No pun intended!) 😜

(A car wouldn't be considered faulty if it got damaged or dented because the owner tried parking it in a space that's too small/tight.)

I'm just sayin' -- put a good case on it, remember to take it out of the pocket before sitting down and just take care of it.
    TomsAndroid and B-17 Pilot like this.
    09-30-2014 03:16 PM
    Back in the day many people were taking the pi** out of android devices due to them having large screens lol!!
    09-30-2014 04:48 PM
    I must say I'm really enjoying this screen!! Still haven't really used the camera but I know will miles ahead of my 4 I was using. Still getting use to it being in my front pocket compared to the smaller 4. Only thing is I'm just looking forward to apps being more optimized for the screen.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-30-2014 06:52 PM
    I don't own this iPhone yet....but I had the chance to play with it in store yesterday. This this is beautiful! The screen so stunning. Sure, it's got a lower PPI than my phone, but I literally wouldn't be able to tell, even side by side. The image just looks like it stuck to the surface like a sticker. And it maintains its quality from every angle. This phone is also so light for its weight (IMO). I feel that it's actually a little too thin to hold comfortably. There just wasn't much to hold onto! But it still feels great in the hand, and it will be easier to hold with a case. Size wise, it's a little too big to use one handed. Which isn't a surprise, obviously. Even my 4.7 phone is bordering on difficult. I think it'd survive the slight inconvenience. I did fit it in my jeans pocket in the store, and it did fit. I can feel that I'll have to be careful with it, but it would be fine for walking around town etc.

The software was mostly fluid, and I'm sure that will get cleaned up. It was at least as smooth at my iPad mini retina. The camera was great, even just trying it out under the store's artificial lights. Slow motion was also cool

Anyway, I think I'm sold. Do I need a new phone? No...and it worries me that I'm planning to buy a new one so soon Do I want this A LOT? Yep. Enough that I think I'll get it. It's a beauty.

ladyc0524 and Princesa like this.
    09-30-2014 08:07 PM
    So after a week of deliberation and after holding a 6 I've decided to keep the plus. Whilst it may not be perfect in some situations the positives outweigh the negatives. Screen and battery life are just awesome. Also the 6 just isn't enough of an upgrade from the 5S to warrant a 600 spend. The plus feels like a new phone to me whereas the 6 wouldn't after a couple of weeks. After a week the plus doesnt actually feel all that big anymore either.

Grabbed the Apple leather case in black which is really nice although charging 39 for it is a joke. guess the jokes on me as I bought it!
    10-01-2014 09:55 AM
    I just received my 6+ last night. Apparently, Verizon Wireless has a lot of customers getting the new iPhone. It took a very long time to talk to a CS rep to activate the phone. But it worth it. The phone is great. It is larger than my Samsung Galaxy S phone, but not too large. I don't have problem navigating and typing on this phone. Also I wear skinny chinos and I don't have problem putting the phone in my hip pocket. I have the red Apple leather case on it right now. Will shop for a waterproof case later. I will post more later with more usage.
    RetroHarley likes this.
    10-01-2014 11:46 AM
    I have the six I looked at the plus it's tempting lol hmmmm I have a few days BUT how long will the wait be lol
    Maybe January I'll give my husband THIS and grab the 6+ lolol
    10-02-2014 08:02 AM
    Great videos and photos with the 6+. The videos are substantially bettern than on the 6. That would be the absolute pro argument for me.
    But the onehand functions of the iOS 8 on the 6plus is idealess. Don't understand why there is no such function for the keyboard like on the Samsung Note - UI Elements for one-handed layout.
    Will be there apps, what do you think?
    10-02-2014 05:26 PM
    Great videos and photos with the 6+. The videos are substantially bettern than on the 6. That would be the absolute pro argument for me.
    But the onehand functions of the iOS 8 on the 6plus is idealess. Don't understand why there is no such function for the keyboard like on the Samsung Note - UI Elements for one-handed layout.
    Will be there apps, what do you think?
    Are they? Where have you noticed that? I've ahead and ordered the regular 6, but onto because I had convinced myself the camera wasn't too different

10-02-2014 06:34 PM
    For videos the optical image stabilisation in the 6+ dors really a good job (I'm into that).
    But again the onehanded keybord layout (e.c. Like on the Samsung Note) is for me the killer argument. I'm really good with my thumb but without this feature it's impossible to write fluently with one hand on the 6+. But since iOS 6 apps can do more. Somebody knows if the keybord layout can (will) be chanced, so you can write onehanded?
    10-03-2014 01:12 AM
    For videos the optical image stabilisation in the 6+ dors really a good job (I'm into that).
    But again the onehanded keybord layout (e.c. Like on the Samsung Note) is for me the killer argument. I'm really good with my thumb but without this feature it's impossible to write fluently with one hand on the 6+. But since iOS 6 apps can do more. Somebody knows if the keybord layout can (will) be chanced, so you can write onehanded?
    Have you tried using swype? It helps
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-03-2014 02:10 AM
    Pre ordered on Verizon was waiting and waiting then Apple app said in stock so I bought got it 30 min later and cancel my pre order lol

First impression
    Wow it's big

I got the 128gb so my next thing I noticed it I have a ton of storage ..

Still getting used to size it still fits in my pocket ...

Wife thinks it's too big she wants a 6 .. As for me I'm happy with the plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    10-03-2014 02:26 AM
    Have you tried using swype? It helps
    No, but the left keys are with swype also difficult. Sadly it seems there is still no app with a one-handed keyboard layout. And what I read it's not sure if it's possible for the developers.
    The double tab on the home button as the one and only solution for one-handed handling is poor. I think apple doesn't have a conclusive GUI (grafic user interface) for such a phablet like the 6+. The strengh of OS and iOS is the simplification. But in this case, well it's a flaw. Will see in the next week if a keyboard layout for one-handed use will come. If somebody knows a clou please post.
    10-03-2014 08:57 AM
    I'm surprised at how quickly I've gotten used to the size actually. From being on the fence last week and teetering on switching to the 6 I'm now 100% convinced that the plus is the right phone for me. It doesn't even feel that big anymore and with the apple leather case it feels nice and grippy in the hand. Totally loving it now.
    10-03-2014 05:19 PM
    No, but the left keys are with swype also difficult. Sadly it seems there is still no app with a one-handed keyboard layout. And what I read it's not sure if it's possible for the developers.
    The double tab on the home button as the one and only solution for one-handed handling is poor. I think apple doesn't have a conclusive GUI (grafic user interface) for such a phablet like the 6+. The strengh of OS and iOS is the simplification. But in this case, well it's a flaw. Will see in the next week if a keyboard layout for one-handed use will come. If somebody knows a clou please post.
    I actually don't mind reach ability mode. My reflex is not to use it yet, but I like it and think it's useful. What is absolutely terrible though are the layout of the keys when typing. In vertical mode, the space bar is too small and 75% of the time I hit the period instead. In landscape, it's even worse as the keys are located in the toughest part of the screen to get to (the center of the screen in the stretching landscape mode). They are just thrown together and it looks very odd and feels even stranger typing. It becomes more of a challenge for me to see if I can type a full sentence without errors and hit the send button without hitting one of the many buttons and commands surround it, rather than what it should be.....a nice clean layout that makes typing easily. They need this to be a split keyboard. That seems like a no brainer!
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-03-2014 05:28 PM
    "It's bigger on the inside!"

IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1412459748.912993.jpg

I love the 6+
    10-04-2014 05:56 PM
    I absolutely HATE the power button on the side. Half the time when I push it, the other end of my hand ends up pushing one of the volume buttons.
    Also, when I use the volume up button to snap a picture, sometimes the other end of my hand pushes the power button.

Landscape mode on the home screen is driving me crazy. I thought I would like it, but I don't constantly moving back and forth to portrait. If I am in an app using landscape and I push the home button, I am used to seeing it automatically go back to portrait. But instead it is in landscape. It would be nice if there was a way to lock just the home screen orientation and not the rest, to make it work like all other iphone models.

Changing orientation while watching some videos (I think it was in facebook), pauses the video and/or restarts it.

Email app doesn't show the status bar on the top in landscape. Not sure if this is an ios8 thing or what, but it is annoying.

Personally, I think the phone is too big. I have big hands, but I cannot use it safely in one hand. I can't simultaneously maintain a good grip while using my thumb on the screen.

Battery life seems like all other iphones that I have had when they were brand new. We will see in a few months from now after several charges where it stands. Although, I am already thinking of getting the 6 and selling the 6+ because of mainly the size. It just doesn't have that "convenient" feel to it anymore like my 5S did.

Now for the positive. Screen is great. Nice for viewing videos, pictures, and reading larger text.

I would like to see some sort of a slim case that has something like a handle on the back, or a little tab that snaps open and closed. This would allow for one-handed use while maintaining a safe grip. Meaning, right now, I can wrap my hand around the back and have a good grip, but then I cant use my thumb on the screen. If I could grip a handle on the back that would not require me to wrap my fingers all the way around, that might make me stay with the 6+ instead of the 6.
    For example, imagine a case with a belt clip on the back. You could use the belt clip to help grip the phone. But something with a lower profile would be good.
    Return it.
    10-04-2014 08:33 PM
    N
    I just received my 6+ last night. Apparently, Verizon Wireless has a lot of customers getting the new iPhone. It took a very long time to talk to a CS rep to activate the phone. But it worth it. The phone is great. It is larger than my Samsung Galaxy S phone, but not too large. I don't have problem navigating and typing on this phone. Also I wear skinny chinos and I don't have problem putting the phone in my hip pocket. I have the red Apple leather case on it right now. Will shop for a waterproof case later. I will post more later with more usage.
    If I may ask, when did you place your order? I ordered mine at 1:00 AM on the 13th and no ship date yet.
    10-10-2014 03:59 PM
    My iPhone arrived yesterday...I can't say how much I'm loving it so far

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    smooches680 likes this.
    10-10-2014 06:20 PM
    I love my phone but the data coverage stinks with Sprint. I get 3G and 1x service and maybe LTE and lots of wifi from my home here in Ga.
    10-10-2014 11:37 PM
    So I finally got my 6+ 64gig Spacegray today.
    My first thought was: **** is it big!
    Well it's a f**king big phone and some apps look really ugly on it, like tapatalk and whatsapp haha but well... I already fell in love with it, even it feels really big.
    I think the apps will look great when they're optimized for the 6+, the display is truly beautiful and the build quality is amazing.
    Everything I do feels really smooth and yeah... I can't say anything about the battery life by now, but I will figure it out.
    10-30-2014 08:55 AM
179 12345 ...