I upgrade every year but if I kept my phone for 2 years, I'm very positive I'd be happy with my 6+. I'm not at al, a fan of unwieldy devices but as big as this is, it doesn't feel bad. I've had to find different ways to carry it because of the size but all in all I'm pleased with my purchase.
    This was i was hoping to see, a good honest answer. I can deal with adjusting my grip for such a nice screen!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 03:12 PM
    This was i was hoping to see, a good honest answer. I can deal with adjusting my grip for such a nice screen!
    You'll be extremely pleased
    09-23-2014 07:49 PM
    Anyone have anything to say about the bending issues that were reported today?
    09-23-2014 09:30 PM
    Don't wear skinny jeans.
    09-23-2014 09:31 PM
    Don't wear skinny jeans.
    I don't. Luckily. And I am always very conscious of my phone. But the video I saw of how easily it bent has thrown me into a tailspin.
    09-23-2014 09:32 PM
    Doesn't bother me. I can't let stuff like this spoil my excitement. Prime example...there were a ton of people complaining about the charging port cover breaking off of their Galaxy S5 with normal wear & tear after a week or two but I've had mine a few months & it's perfectly fine. If something like this is going to bother you, return your device & find one that no one is talking about. I'm not trying to be an *** about it but this type of stuff pops up about every new device. It's a part of the process!
    09-23-2014 09:49 PM
    I am not too worried, although I may opt for AppleCare! Kind of reminds me of antenna gate... It's the flavor of the week and will die down in a few days.
    MKA1983 likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:12 PM
    Not worried in the slightest.
    MKA1983 likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:14 PM
    It's definitely not just "talk", there's several videos showing that the phone bends with little force. I do think I agree about the apple care plus plan though, and a good hard case. No matter what I'll never be happy with a plain 6.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:16 PM
    It's definitely not just "talk", there's several videos showing that the phone bends with little force. I do think I agree about the apple care plus plan though, and a good hard case. No matter what I'll never be happy with a plain 6.
    I really think you will be fine. That guy put a ton of pressure on that phone. Also, this happened when the iPhone 5 came out as well. A few of those bent when the right amount of pressure was put on them, but it's not something the phone was know for.
    MKA1983 likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:27 PM
    Dumbest thing I've seen to be honest.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-23-2014 11:49 PM
    Don't wear skinny jeans.
    I wear skinny jeans and only have the corner of the phone sticking out. No biggie. The phone does protrude though, that's the only down fall but nothing so bad
    09-24-2014 02:54 AM
    I saw a video yesterday of a guy bending his space gray 6+. In it, he says it was painful to bend. It definitely takes more than a "little force" to make it happen.
    09-24-2014 08:52 AM
    So how are you guys finding getting use to the 6 plus? i am enjoying it i really think its great its like having a ipad my only problem is people saying WOW ITS HUGE.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-24-2014 03:23 PM
    So how are you guys finding getting use to the 6 plus? i am enjoying it i really think its great its like having a ipad my only problem is people saying WOW ITS HUGE.
    Same here. I honestly don't care what people think but they're starting to get on my nerves with the "it's huge" comment. Of course it's huge, there's no denying it and I choose to use it so leave me alone!!! lol
    09-24-2014 04:11 PM
    1st Impression: "Wow, this is big.."

2nd Impression: "Yikes, the screen is clear"

After about 10 minutes I went back to my 5s to restore to factory settings and found it to be horribly small. I'm absolutely loving the size and quality of the 6 Plus!
    Sekelani Zwambila and AlexJ92 like this.
    09-24-2014 07:01 PM
    1st Impression: "Wow, this is big.."

2nd Impression: "Yikes, the screen is clear"

After about 10 minutes I went back to my 5s to restore to factory settings and found it to be horribly small. I'm absolutely loving the size and quality of the 6 Plus!
    Haha, the same thing happened to me when I went to restore my 5s. That screen seems so tiny now.
    I've been very happy with my purchase.
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:40 PM
    Haha I was really shocked when I got my old iPhone 4s in my hand to check some settings for a friend

I really couldn't believe I could live with such a small screen after using my 6+ for about a week

It's like with most stuff in live, once you tried something great/awesome, you never want to go back again. Once I used the 6+ I would never get a device smaller than that again

Also when I once tried the BOSE noise canceling headphones I was so amazed by the crystal clear sound and the cancellation of almost anything around me I had to buy it and wouldn't use any other headphone again
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    09-26-2014 04:27 AM
    I didn't expect to be so torn as to whether I love it or not. Love the screen size and resolution, love the longer battery life and enjoy the experience of browsing or watching movies on it. But I'm really torn as to whether the size is going to make it useable day to day. I guess only time will tell but I'm concerned that if I'm ever holding it one handed my kid is going to knock it out of my hands really easily. Been swinging to 60/40 each way as to whether to keep it or return for a 6. I'm loathe to give up the superior screen or battery life though. If the 6 had a 1080p screen it would be an easier choice...
    fb2 and tomdri like this.
    09-26-2014 09:03 AM
    I guess only time will tell but I'm concerned that if I'm ever holding it one handed my kid is going to knock it out of my hands really easily.
    Exactly, I'm also more worried about other to do things which will affect me and the phone than my own behavior.

Usually I don't use cases, but when I visit my family with lots of children, then I put my phone in a sleeve/bumper, just in case Was actually useful

That's why I also will get a case for the 6+ and just use it when I meet "special" audience or special events like going to Disneyland

PS: do you really think switching from 6+ to 6 will change anything? @Sci_Fy
    09-26-2014 12:31 PM
    Since getting the phone this past Thursday its taking some getting use to. If had big phones before but it's been awhile though. I love the screen. I love typing on on it better then the 4/5/5s's that I've had. Glad to be back using Touch ID. Haven't used the camera much but it's sooo much better then the 4 I was using. Speaker is good. Still getting use to the repositioned power button. All I have now but a bigger iPhone is what I've been looking forward and now I have it so I'm happy!

Ps I see myself having a few cases for this phone. A tough rugged one I have now and then probably something less bulky.
    09-27-2014 02:14 PM
    I didn't expect to be so torn as to whether I love it or not. Love the screen size and resolution, love the longer battery life and enjoy the experience of browsing or watching movies on it. But I'm really torn as to whether the size is going to make it useable day to day. I guess only time will tell but I'm concerned that if I'm ever holding it one handed my kid is going to knock it out of my hands really easily. Been swinging to 60/40 each way as to whether to keep it or return for a 6. I'm loathe to give up the superior screen or battery life though. If the 6 had a 1080p screen it would be an easier choice...
    Being a 6 owner myself.... That's going to be stuff. I'm switching to the 6+ because of everything you just said. You at least have 14 days to change your mind.
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:30 PM
    Don't give up the 6+!!! 😱

Here's a simple solution: Get a lanyard for your phone! I drop things pretty easily (and tend to leave things behind) so I always use a neck lanyard for my phones. I don't have my 6+ yet but even with the larger size I am considering using a neck lanyard.

Here is my post about lanyards and carrying options: http://forums.imore.com/showpost.php?p=2350653

If you're not into the neck lanyard idea (heck, I'm not even sure about a neck lanyard for the 6+ yet!) why not consider using a wrist lanyard? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005K6...mUvbUpU2350686

This way, if your kid knocks it out of your hand, it won't go crashing to the ground (or worse)!
    09-29-2014 04:22 AM
    I'm pretty set on get this phone sometime now. But one hand usage will be an issue, I can already tell. As far as dropping it, that is. Obviously it'll be harder to reach the screen If I'm walking along and can only use one hand, there's a lot of phone, and weight, hanging over my hand. Plus it's slippery. I don't think I'd take this outside without a case! I just wish I could get the Plus features in the 6's form factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 10:40 AM
    I'm pretty set on get this phone sometime now. But one hand usage will be an issue, I can already tell. As far as dropping it, that is. Obviously it'll be harder to reach the screen If I'm walking along and can only use one hand, there's a lot of phone, and weight, hanging over my hand. Plus it's slippery. I don't think I'd take this outside without a case! I just wish I could get the Plus features in the 6's form factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not to mention : iPhone 6 plus phones are more serceptible to bendgate.
    09-29-2014 11:40 AM
179 1234 ...