IPhone 6 plus known issues

DuanadeRecord

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
for me i don't have any issue with iphone 6 plus. in fact iphone 6+ have lots of differences beside the size. there is a bigger battery as well as the optical stabilization in the camera. i also love the rounded edge than other iphone. very unique

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My first 6+ was defective out of the box, had it swapped the next day. Then #2 over heated and had it swapped this week. I'm hoping #3 is the charm. I'll pay it off early to upgrade to the next gen anyway, but I've been handing down my iPhone's to my friend, and if she does decide to take this one, she doesn't need a defective one.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only have the same problem that I have on my 5S and that is with the Swype and SwiftKey keyboards.

When I use these keyboards to type up a tweet using Tweetbot ot the official Twitter app, most of the time, what I typed doesn't get posted. Only the @xxxxx part will and that only shows because that was a reply I posted and not something I typed.

I haven't had that issue using SwiftKey on Tweetbot or the Twitter app. Have you tried a hard reset?
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Hope it works!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had that issue using SwiftKey on Tweetbot or the Twitter app. Have you tried a hard reset?
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Hope it works!

I had the original version of Tweetbot and the version that they released about a year ago. I deleted the old version and have only been using the newer version and haven't had the problem since. I'm not sure if the problem remains with the actualvTwitter app. I don't use it that much due to the ads.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the original version of Tweetbot and the version that they released about a year ago. I deleted the old version and have only been using the newer version and haven't had the problem since. I'm not sure if the problem remains with the actualvTwitter app. I don't use it that much due to the ads.
I hate those ads too. I use the Twitter app for utility reasons. But I use Tweetbot mostly because of my eyes. I have to have a dark theme. Glad you took care of your issue.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I noyice that when listening to audio and browsing the web I keep getting this glitch sound in the audio when scrolling or the page loads. It's not a huge deal, but still a tad annoying when it happens. I also still have times where when I press the home button it won't turn on the screen

therddler

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Coming from a note 3 to this.... Apple does pay attention to the user experience more so than the others. Just typing with stock keyboard is more fluid. I went thru my app list on play store the other day and damn I paid for a lot of **** this has out of box with this phone. I'm in love.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was using a Blackberry passport and bought a 64 gig 6+ because two of my most important clients use custom project management apps that only run on IOS.

After using the device as my daily driver, I am really liking the device. I found typing on the stock keyboard to be fluid and accurate. I will say the passport physical keyboard is better for typing with less errors.

I though the phone might be to big, but after a week, I started to like the bigger screen for emails and reading my project management docs.

I am a Blackberry fan in my heart, but with no support for the brand here in the USA and using iMacs already in my business, the integration between the device and my desktop was seamless.

The iPhone 6+ has become my daily driver and I am not looking back. This thing rocks and I find it's hard to put it down.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Issues? What issues? The only issue I had was with display size on my 6 (bad eyes) but now not only can I see everything on my screen without my glasses on, the Plus has these little tweaks like the landscape mode thingie and the calendar format that are just this much nicer.
I love my Plus.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I hope there is no issues, just ordered a Plus 128Gb today, my 6 16gb is just too small. Looking forward to the bigger screen and storage. Had a Note edge too that i sold so am used to the size.

Got mine today, it's perfect. Smooth as.

Last edited:

samos99

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Got a little problem with the Home button.

It sometimes move a little in its location.
This is not a large movement but enough to be perceptible and quite unpleasant.

The weird thing is that the problem is not present all the time.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no...

My fear is that the button leaves its location and gets off the phone...

Wait and see...

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm experiencing very similar quirks between those two devices. Like you, I have both an iPhone 6 Plus and also an iPhone 5S, and while I love them both, I am constantly noticing the same issue with battery life, plus also a really nasty habit of my 6 Plus having App crashes (...ALOT!!) Has anyone else experienced this?

My 5S is really stable, and works perfectly even with the same Apps, so I know it's the phone and not the Apps themselves. One other phenomena about this I have observed is that it seems to happen most whenever I move my phone. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something about movement sensors in the 6 Plus which has a feature where it auto-recognizes when you pick your phone up (for the purpose of auto-answering calls), so I suspect that turning this feature off might solve the problem. However, I have been scouring through the settings to see if I can find this setting to switch it off, but can't seem to find it. So if any one of you great iPhone peeps knows what this setting is called (and where to locate it) I would indeed be eternally grateful if any of you can help a sistah out with this info?

Many thanks in advance.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having problems where the power button randomly won't turn the screen on if I press it. It requires a second press to work. Also, just random hitches and when listening to audio and browsing the web the audio will skip as the site loads or scrolls.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
^^^There are so many variables outside of the iPhone 6 + control (or any smartphone or computer) when it comes to online audio/video/web site performance. I wouldn't worry about it.

The power button sounds like something that could benefit from running diagnostics. Just contact Apple Support and they can help you run remote diagnostics. Or if an Apple Store is nearby, just take it in and they can look at the problem.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
^^^There are so many variables outside of the iPhone 6 + control (or any smartphone or computer) when it comes to online audio/video/web site performance. I wouldn't worry about it.

The power button sounds like something that could benefit from running diagnostics. Just contact Apple Support and they can help you run remote diagnostics. Or if an Apple Store is nearby, just take it in and they can look at the problem.

Maybe it's my case? Or maybe those certain times I'm not hitting the button fully? Again, it's so random that it happens that I can't pin point a certain cause wether it's device or user error. I should state that this is my third 6 plus and the other two seemed that have that issue as well. Could it just be software bug related?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you had the same case for all three iPhone 6+? That could be a common variable across all three.

As for a software bug, I don't know. I turn on Diagnostics & Usage reporting so that any bugs that do occur get reported to Apple. Apple is overall quite good at addressing problems. So if there is a software problem that is associated with the random, intermittent power button problem you are experiencing; then turning on the Diagnostics & Usage reporting is a good way to inform Apple.

For Support, I've had great success using the Chat option. The Support staff can walk you through the remote diagnostics process and from there determine if there is a known problem, recommend an appointment at your Apple Store, or find out that everything is working fine from a software standpoint.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention the general itchiness I'm getting on the 6 plus. Honestly, my 5S wasn't like that and I wonder if it's just the processor struggling sometimes. Since this is my third replacement phone trying to fix this issue maybe it's just something I should hope gets fixed eventual with software updates.

To name a few examples of this itchiness, when swiping through home screen panels, when scrolling websites, when typing on the keyboard, and just kinda a overal sense. Sometimes it works fine, but a noticeable amount of times I notice hitches.

I'm really hoping that iOS 9 will fix these issues. Because again, I can't imagine this being a specific device issue since this is my third replacement.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you had the same case for all three iPhone 6+? That could be a common variable across all three.

As for a software bug, I don't know. I turn on Diagnostics & Usage reporting so that any bugs that do occur get reported to Apple. Apple is overall quite good at addressing problems. So if there is a software problem that is associated with the random, intermittent power button problem you are experiencing; then turning on the Diagnostics & Usage reporting is a good way to inform Apple.

For Support, I've had great success using the Chat option. The Support staff can walk you through the remote diagnostics process and from there determine if there is a known problem, recommend an appointment at your Apple Store, or find out that everything is working fine from a software standpoint.

I scheduled a appointment for Tuesday. I'm sure there getting to know me quite well by now, ha ha. I wonder if it could be that since I started removing my case and swapping cases frequently over the weeks (trying to pick one I like) I hope I didn't put stress on the power button or put wear on it.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention the general itchiness I'm getting on the 6 plus. Honestly, my 5S wasn't like that and I wonder if it's just the processor struggling sometimes. Since this is my third replacement phone trying to fix this issue maybe it's just something I should hope gets fixed eventual with software updates.

To name a few examples of this itchiness, when swiping through home screen panels, when scrolling websites, when typing on the keyboard, and just kinda a overal sense. Sometimes it works fine, but a noticeable amount of times I notice hitches.

I'm really hoping that iOS 9 will fix these issues. Because again, I can't imagine this being a specific device issue since this is my third replacement.

Overall my 6+ is working quite well. iOS 8.3 has been stable, and while there are a few app(s) crashes, the developers are getting crash reports since I have that feature turned on in Diagnostics & Usage. When you visit on Tuesday perhaps Apple staff can run software diagnostics to see if anything else is going on.