IPhone 6 plus known issues

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Seems one thing that's pretty clear with the iPhone 6 Plus (and all Apple products for that matter), it exposes the sheer ineptness, lack of common technical sense and hand coordination in some people. :devil:

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I never got why people would put their phone in their back pocket anyways! ANY phone!

Agreed. Putting anything in your back pocket (keys, wallet, etc.) is just asking a thieve to steal it.
I'm near a big city, and you learn quickly you never put anything in your pack pockets unless you are feeling generous.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have with my 6 Plus is that it refuses to accept my right thumb. I've set the dang thing up three times and my 6 Plus still ignores it, lol.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

paulg1981

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Syncing with my work exchange server isn't working. Settings are accepted and then after a period of time syncing just stops. Come on 8.1.1!

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not too thrilled with battery life yet, especially on 3G or LTE. Getting some freezing in apps, or lag. Rebooted it once and then it wouldn't start up again, whole phone seemed dead. Thankfully a few moments later it responded and revived itself. I really do love this phone. Freezing and lag used to get me really paranoid about phones but I do know that with lack of memory and so many pixels to push that this might happen. But because everybody raves about the battery, I'm a little disappointed that I'm not experiencing it the same as others.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem where after I have picked up my iPhone 6 plus it seems to stick to my fingers so I can't put it down!!!..... ;)

urrl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Getting YouTube videos, audio file music and ringtones into it was a hassle until I jail broke and use Pro Tube. Now I can do it all in the phone without a Mac or PC and it's all too easy peezy.

scvette_7

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Sold my 6 plus and got a note 4 what was I thinking! Sold my note 4 got another 6 plus! 64G! Everything works and its smooth as butter!!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I read an article in Money magazine about the 6 plus.
The article goes on about how you should buy the 6 plus over the 6.
I found the article interesting, and it got me thinking how I may just buy the plus come upgrade time.
IMHO, there may or may not be problems with every phone you buy
It's all a matter of what is or isn't a deal breaker for you.
http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-6-plus-versus-iphone-6-2014-11

sirbenjaminj

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I read an article in Money magazine about the 6 plus.
The article goes on about how you should buy the 6 plus over the 6.
I found the article interesting, and it got me thinking how I may just buy the plus come upgrade time.
IMHO, there may or may not be problems with every phone you buy
It's all a matter of what is or isn't a deal breaker for you.
http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-6-plus-versus-iphone-6-2014-11

Definitely get the plus over the 6. You won't regret it. Bigger is better. And just recently I discovered how valuable OIS is for the camera. Screen is better.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues getting reachability to work? It was working fine yesterday and now all of a sudden it doesn't wanna do anything. It's on.

I'm having the same problem. I watched three tutorials to be sure I was doing it right. But it just will not work. When I double tap my apps will not go to the bottom of the screen. Siri will activate if I tap too hard. Also I get a view of all my open applications but no reachable apps.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you are tapping not pressing to get Reachability.

Thx for replying. I tried every which way (tap) til Sunday. LOL. When all my open screens pop up I close them. Then try tapping again all it shows is the one home screen minimized. I have Apple Care Plus and might just call them to go over a few settings. I'm also still in my first 30 days too.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thx for replying. I tried every which way (tap) til Sunday. LOL. When all my open screens pop up I close them. Then try tapping again all it shows is the one home screen minimized. I have Apple Care Plus and might just call them to go over a few settings. I'm also still in my first 30 days too.

Tapping is you have to tap on it like you would on the touchscreen. There is a distinction between pressing and tapping. Make sure you have reachability enabled under Settings > General > Accessibility

Last edited:

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have with my 6 Plus is that it refuses to accept my right thumb. I've set the dang thing up three times and my 6 Plus still ignores it, lol.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

It's weird you mention this but I have the same problem. LOL. I just got it in my head to use my code as before.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I usually tap with my thumb pointed straight down with the tip of my thumb two quick taps. Try a reset or restore if you haven't already. I'm going to restore as new soon. I backed up from my 5S when I got it just to get it going.
Seems I get better performance as new.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 6 plus and got a note 4 what was I thinking! Sold my note 4 got another 6 plus! 64G! Everything works and its smooth as butter!!

How long did you have the note 4 and what did you think
abt it? I really like my 6+ and I'm dedicated to the Apple line. But I started second guessing my purchase of the 6+ and thinking maybe I should have bought the note 4.