IPhone 6 plus known issues

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Orientation lock doesn't work in landscape. It always reverts back to portrait. Don't know if this was posted already.

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So my 6+ suddenly starts popping this message up and I'm not even connected to anything! Powered it off and back on already and the message still pops up. Even though I didn't see anything in the connector I blew into it. Maybe some dust in there but no luck. Plugged it into the apple charger to see if that would do anything but no luck with that. I do have an Amazon charger that I purchased but haven't used it yet. I've only been using the Apple charger. Haven't had any issues until today. Any suggestions or ideas with this one?ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414460563.121789.jpg

David Dutton1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It uses too much memory, and does not manage it properly, if I put even one app in the background within 5 to 10 minutes it will be terminated and this is a teeny tiny app that only uses about 60 MB of memory. This is because iOS eight uses up all of the 1 GB of RAM. It will relinquish up to 512 MB but the minute that an app goes Idle it will terminate it

I'm not going to repeat what I put in another post, but a solution is a 256 to 512 user configurable swapfile. Allowing the user to set a 128, 256, 512, 1024 MB swapfile

David Dutton1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Basically it was a huge mistake not to put 2 GB of memory into the iPhone six line of phones. Even 1.5 Gbites of RAM would've solve the problem. The operating system would take one gigabyte leaving 512 MB for apps and an additional 512 MB if really needed, and that would be preventing the constant app termination we are seeing now

David Dutton1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Plus with so many darn service is running the iPhone six has a terrible battery life if I use it to just browse the web the battery dies within five hours and this is just my phone it's every iPhone 6 that every friend of mine has, or 6+ in my case

Killing back ground app refresh does significantly help. Also reducing motion under accessibility also greatly helps to preserve battery life as it turns off a lot of the fancy features, graphical features, that are used when switching between apps. However using the should not kill battery life according to Apple

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm hearing from friends that 'Rattlegate' continues in Apple's 6 series of phones.

It was a really annoying problem on the 5s, and if it is happening on the 6 and 6+, I'm afraid that's sort of made up my mind not to buy a 6+ as my next daily driver. If this transpires to be the case re the rattling power button, I'm off to the new Motorola Droid Turbo or the Note 4.

?600+ for a device where the power button may rattle (not saying all 6 series units rattle) just doesn't sit right with me. I would of hoped the manufacturing process would of been revised for the 6 and 6+.

If true, It's a damn shame, because the iPhone 6+ is exactly the sort of phone I wouldn't hesitate to purchase as my next DD.

That is all.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm so in love with my iPhone 6 Plus Gold that my wife is getting jealous! It is without a doubt the best phone ever made! I just can't put it down I even found myself sleeping with it in my hands on the couch...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just went on and tried the iPhone 6 Plus, coming from an iPhone 6. I'm still trying to get adjusted to the size, and I need a case ASAP.

One thing I did notice is that the vibration on this phone is MUCH more obnoxious than in the iPhone 6. Is that normal? I know it's a big phone, but the vibration is much more pronounced. It doesn't seem to have that elegant vibration older iPhones have had.

Other than that, I haven't had time to test the battery yet. I'm going to let it die completely and fully recharge using my iPad charger to see how it goes. I only managed to get my hands on a 16GB version (my 6 was 64GB) but I am not too worried. I have all my photos in my DropBox and I generally don't use over 5-6GB of storage on any iPhone I've ever had.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It uses too much memory, and does not manage it properly, if I put even one app in the background within 5 to 10 minutes it will be terminated and this is a teeny tiny app that only uses about 60 MB of memory. This is because iOS eight uses up all of the 1 GB of RAM. It will relinquish up to 512 MB but the minute that an app goes Idle it will terminate it

I'm not going to repeat what I put in another post, but a solution is a 256 to 512 user configurable swapfile. Allowing the user to set a 128, 256, 512, 1024 MB swapfile
I would add to this that I felt Apple should have put more memory in there, period.

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, so glad it isn't just me; I think the battery life is worse than my 5s; any other suggestions I should try? Thanks!

When it comes to the battery, I'm getting between 10 and 13 hours of constant use on the Internet with such things as YouTube movies, Twit TV streaming, Games, Facebook, Twitter, iMore podcast, etc. etc. my iPhones 6 plus is actually starting to replace my iPad. Before I got this phone I had a iPhone 4s and the battery life is very short so I did most of my things on my iPad fourth-generation. So this phone is a BIG improvement! I haven't really done anything to manage my battery life. From what I can tell by (usage) in the settings everything is working okay. I'm retired military so I spent a lot of time with my phone surfing the net more so than if I had been working. So I guess that makes me a heavy user. This is without a doubt the first phone I have ever really fell in love with, both on the android and Apple side. It does so much with such a little battery when compared to the iPad that has a even bigger battery. I don't know maybe I'm just lucky with this phone...

flashtilley

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my 6+ the other day and now my battery life seems to have decreased. Is this common or am I crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing LAG. I'm still a little blown away because Apple is known for its smooth 'lag free' iOS experience. When it comes to the 6+ It's conspicuously absent. Transitioning from app to app has been slow compared to say the HTC One M8 I owned or even my current Note 4 which is a laggy bug fest by most standards. My hope is that Apple will continue to work out the kinks in an otherwise inspired piece of hardware.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you paired them to numerous phones? Sometimes they need to be reset.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2