IPhone 6 plus known issues

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Biggest issues I've had so far are

-----the inconsistency of switching between portrait and landscape. Sometimes it gets stuck and sometimes works fine, albeit a bit slow

-----I'm sure many have noticed this, but while in landscape mode, VERY a noticeable in Safari, you can't click anything in the bottom 15-20% of the screen! This seems like a huge issue that I haven't seen mentioned.
-----videos sometimes have no volume
This seems huge. Is this a common bug? Have you tried other browsers? I use Puffin

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing iCloud will not automatically backup when phone is plugged in. I have to do it manually. That's annoying! I'm on 8.0.2. I tried toggling off & on Backup, deleting my iCloud account and then adding it again, resetting, Nothing! Anybody else facing the same issue?

Also noticing constant refreshing of safari tabs and apps. Even with no more than 2 apps open in the bg. I know the phone has 1GB of ram but so does the 5 and 5s. I never had lack of ram problem with them.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing iCloud will not automatically backup when phone is plugged in. I have to do it manually. That's annoying! I'm on 8.0.2. I tried toggling off & on Backup, deleting my iCloud account and then adding it again, resetting, Nothing! Anybody else facing the same issue?

Also noticing constant refreshing of safari tabs and apps. Even with no more than 2 apps open in the bg. I know the phone has 1GB of ram but so does the 5 and 5s. I never had lack of ram problem with them.

Are you on Wifi?

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had some strange BT issues. Paired with my car and music showed that it was playing, no sound from the speakers or the phone. Rebooted the phone and restarted the car and all was good until I received a call. When I hung up the problem returned. Music showed playing but no sound again. About 30 seconds later the sound started working.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had some strange BT issues. Paired with my car and music showed that it was playing, no sound from the speakers or the phone. Rebooted the phone and restarted the car and all was good until I received a call. When I hung up the problem returned. Music showed playing but no sound again. About 30 seconds later the sound started working.

I've had this happen too. I end up having to cycle the BT adapter on my car, or turn off BT on my iPhone and then back on. It showed connected, but the device selector goes away from beside the volume bar and thus, I know I need to cycle my BT. Like you, this typically when a call or Siri "overrides" the playing audio. I've also noticed that 50% of the time, turning off the car does NOT stop playing the music. After a few seconds, it plays out of the speaker on the phone.

These behaviors have improved with iOS 8.0.2 (as in, not as prevalent as before), but still persist. Let's hope 8.0.3 helps with them!

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the latest update, control center still isn't working well on the lock screen, no matter how many times I swipe it up, nothing happens, except once in a blue moon when it decides to work.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

I've noticed its inconsistent. Also not always rotating to landscape mode.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have another issue. Whenn my phone dies then turns on when charged, when i receive a message notification, all in see is numbers instead of the contacts name, it's like the phone forgot the contact lol. Any one got this issue?

I had that issue on my 5S throughout the beta process so maybe they didn't fix it yet. I haven't run my battery down enough yet to test. But it did do it on my 5S

Mike HH

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
For those with wifi issues, try enabling WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) on your router, which may be under QoS settings. I did this on my Netgear R7000 and it fixed my connection problems with the 6 Plus.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the stranger issues with iOS 8/iPhone 6 plus. If I open up a video, from a link on facebook, or from YouTube, etc.....the volume is at a certain level. Sometimes the video freezes so I have to close it and reopen. Upon doing so, the volume is LOWER than before. Close and open again and it's even LOWER! This keeps going on until you can barely hear it ! Very odd

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed there battery percentage drop occasionally 2%. Seems to mainly happen at 61% and drops to 59%. Happens on other percentages. I've also restored from new and still it happens, so now I'm thinking it could be iOS 8. I know it's only a minor problem but it's just annoying and would be nice to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

Edit. Also it jumps up in 2% increments when charging from 59% to 61%. Why only certain percentages I'm not sure it's strange.

Last edited:

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
my car bluetooth has been borked since I got the device at iOS 8. Never downloaded 8.0.1 and did get 8.0.2 after a day or so. Trouble connecting from the car and using the controls from the car were pretty much non existent. I tried deleting pairing from phone and care etc.

The only thing that has worked was a complete factory reset of my iphone and then signing out of icloud and then repairing my car and iphone...so far it is working acceptably for now but still not as well as my work iphone 5 still on iOS 7.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Seems like iOS 8 was a bit rushed and we are the beta testers...

sssfo

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this issue has been noticed and mentioned before by others but I'm not able to access the front camera from within whatsapp. Like if I want to take a selfie within whatsapp, I only see a dark screen where as its fine if I switch to the rear camera. Another friend of mine has the exact same issue so I know I'm not alone. Anyone else noticed this?

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had daily random reboots, sometimes multiple times per day since I got the phone, it's annoying but the phone boots back up quickly and thanks to flash memory I'm right back to what I was doing moments before it happened, but still it's an issue.

Random reboot issues are usually caused by an app using to much memory. If you want to fix it you'll need to find which app it is and remove it. That's been my experience with this type of issue anyways. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm getting some random issues. It seems like the orientation is slow and gets stuck at times. I've also had the device seem to freeze randomly. I have to reset it to get it back to normal.

Other then that things have been good for me.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Random reboot issues are usually caused by an app using to much memory. If you want to fix it you'll need to find which app it is and remove it. That's been my experience with this type of issue anyways. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response,I haven't had the issue for a few days now,hopefully it never comes back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 5, and have issues getting stuck in landscape. So that may be iOS 8, not the 6 Plus. Or both.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh