IPhone 6 plus known issues

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
the biggest problem I have is having only 10% battery left after 22 hours. Apple is doomed with battery life like this. 😝😝😀😃😄. I mean come on with playing games and music Bluetooth on all the time, heavy use this thing is awesome

I am having the same problem, my battery won't die... I am currently at 19% with 8 hrs Usage and 13 hrs standby... I don't think Apple did a really good job with this phone....lmao

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I also mentioned some bugs on iOS8 with 6+

- sometimes apps completely freeze if I use keyboard shortcuts like "wb" for "welcome back" etc.
- safari crashes a lot because of all kind of reasons
- spotlight sometimes doesn't work anymore
- spotlight sometimes show different stuff, e.g. shows last results even though there was a new search
- a very creepy spotlight view (see screenshot)
- phone itself crashes 4 times very randomly
- using too much widgets lags the invocation of the Notification Center
- sometimes rotations aren't recognized
- and some other I already forgot because of the awesomeness of the phone

View attachment 65697
]Do a restore, I have not had any problems. Some times when someone restores from a backup you can get old errors. Or its just wonky and you should just have a fresh start. See if that helps

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
In have an issue with my music app at times. The keyboard looks wonky when I place it in landscape mode, it still stays in portrait and visa versa
And, every time I swipe
up from the bottom of the screen to activate control centre, when I tap the song title to get into the music app, nothing happens.
I have to manual select the music app

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I think this is an iOS 8 issue, but I've found that Facebook and YouTube do not mute Pandora and iTunes anymore when they play. Instead, both audio streams play simultaneously.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
]Do a restore, I have not had any problems. Some times when someone restores from a backup you can get old errors. Or its just wonky and you should just have a fresh start. See if that helps

Yeah, I already did, but still (t)errors :p
I think I'm overdoing some stuff as a poweruser

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you do the restore and setup as a new phone...? Because that's what I did...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Yes, the only difference is I lost my  Apple apps, like pages, keynote etc. and can't download them for free again the rest is the same

Did it help you or change something?

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to re download those apps... I just re downloaded them... In any case sounds like you got a bad apple... Lol.. Take it back to the Apple Store... I diner think you would have to wait because they would have specific stock for replacements... Worth a try...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Used the camera a lot at the game tonight, and I kept getting a situation where I'd take a picture, it would show it was taken in the little preview box, but when I would click on it to look at it, it wasn't there...it did this until I reset the device, and then did it once more and stopped. None of the pictures were saved when this happened.

That's an iOS 8 problem. I had that issue pop up randomly on my 5S.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds new to me. What the hell is that? lol

I'm guess Art H is making a play on words and wondering if someone who normally keeps their phones in their back pocket have sat on it yet.

I am happy to say I tested that (willingly) and my iPhone 6+ does fine. It sits and shifts just fine that it is either vertical behind me or completely horizon sticking out slightly through the chair opening or between the cushion of the driver's seat.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Sounds new to me. What the hell is that? lol

Essentially the hypothesis is that the new iPhone, especially the 6 plus is more flexible than previous iPhones. I have seen several cases already with pictures included of bent iPhone 6 pluses. The thinner profile and rounded design along with the increased surface area have possibly aided in the warping of new iPhones. I also witnessed one particular posting where it is obvious that the bending of the outer aluminum case happened prior to assembly. Obviously these new iPhones aren't going to be as rigid as previous iterations but what scares me is the real possibility of bending/warping the phone just by keeping it in my pocket.

iPhone 6 Plus slightly bent after 2 days - MacRumors Forums

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone syncing their office 365 emails on iOS8? Any issues? Will get me a iPhone 6+ and BlackBerry passport when they're available here next month.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have another issue. Whenn my phone dies then turns on when charged, when i receive a message notification, all in see is numbers instead of the contacts name, it's like the phone forgot the contact lol. Any one got this issue?

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I want it on the screen with the alphabets.

Double tap the space bar to insert periods. It has always been like that.

Edit: noticed somebody already mentioned it to you. Tapatalk didn't load the whole last page I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Is anyone here having issues with the DTMF tones? I'm having a hard time dialing into conference calls with the 6 Plus. When I enter the meeting ID it doesn't register.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to re download those apps... I just re downloaded them...

You're right, that shouldn't happen, called them and they solved the problem. They put the apps to the phone but not to my account, after restoring the mapping between phone and apple apps was gone, they solved it, now the apps are linked to my Apple ID, so it won't happen again

In any case sounds like you got a bad apple... Lol.. Take it back to the Apple Store... I diner think you would have to wait because they would have specific stock for replacements... Worth a try...

I don't think so, I think those are bugs which are on every device but they just appear after doing some special stuff, like using too much stuff which interacts "too much" or the usage or URL schemes which could cause unknown things etc.
I'm using the phone in all kind of ways and so I also see a lot of the system's weaknesses etc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR