IPhone 6 plus known issues

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with my battery usage not showing up all the time and I also noticed that when I use swiftkey it doesn't go to the bottom of messages

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Swift key isn't working for me. I add it as a keyboard but it doesn't come up when I use the keyboard. It's shows its added but no check mark or any sign that that's the keyboard I want to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Used the camera a lot at the game tonight, and I kept getting a situation where I'd take a picture, it would show it was taken in the little preview box, but when I would click on it to look at it, it wasn't there...it did this until I reset the device, and then did it once more and stopped. None of the pictures were saved when this happened.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Used the camera a lot at the game tonight, and I kept getting a situation where I'd take a picture, it would show it was taken in the little preview box, but when I would click on it to look at it, it wasn't there...it did this until I reset the device, and then did it once more and stopped. None of the pictures were saved when this happened.

Interesting. I have not experienced that at all. I have taken probably about 30 pictures since yesterday.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I received my iPhone 6 plus on the 19th and noticed that it wasn't charging like it should later on when I got home. I went to sleep the next morning around 2:30am with it being at 38%. When I woke up this morning at about 9am, it was at 84%. I then use another apple charger and it was charging, but slow. I called apple support and they ran a test on it from their end and everything looked good. He then had me do a small reset which didn't wipe my phone out completely. He told me to keep a close eye out on it to see if the reset worked. He then said if it doesn't work to do a complete wipeout of the whole phone, which I just did about 30 mins ago. He suppose to call me back tomorrow to see how it's working. The phone is holding a very good charge. It's just not charging up normal. Also I do have two iPhone 5s, and three iPads in the home, so I am familiar with how they charge up. I'm hoping it's not the hardware. Right now it's at 98%. I plan on letting it die down some and then see how it charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the iPhone 6 plus for a little bit over 24 hours and I think this phone is amazing I have not had one issue with it and I've gone complements because of this phone it feels good on the hand its light and thin it's perfect the hardest part is putting it down :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes I cannot get Control Center to show itself on the lock screen with a swipe up. I end up having to unlock the phone to access it.

And yes. I have Control center enabled for the lock screen.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Have some issues with turning the radios on and off. Wifi and Bluetooth sometimes turn off, sometimes don't when toggled from the control center (device unlocked). Also, even if both the control center and Settings app show them as off, the icons still show in the status bar (and vice versa). I don't know if it's a phone issue or an iOS 8 issue, but I'll keep an eye on it.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

This is a little troubling. Most of the time I don't check the pictures until later in the day or week. That would suck to find out about it hours/days later. Not that I'm taking artistic masterpieces or anything, but the point of using a phone's camera is to capture moments and memories. Sad to think the iPhone will forget before I do. :\

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My home screen orientation was stuck upside down. No ability to change no matter how I positioned the phone. Had to power off and back on to get back to normal. Not a big deal but never experienced that before.

This problem may not be exclusive to the 6 Plus. My 5S on iOS 8 has randomly rotated screen orientation while in iMessages yesterday, and just now while in the native email app. Both times the phone was vertically oriented. Force closing the mail app made no difference, nor did rotating the phone around to help the app regain proper orientation. Only a power off/power on cycle resolved it.

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
my issue is that I set a tone(r2d2) for incoming email and It does not use the tone I set. I have shut down and did a restore not sure what else to do. now when I set my r2d2 tone for text it works but I cant get r2d2 to sound for incoming mail.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an R2D2 text alert sound that I know worked in iOS 7 for iMessages/SMS. I had the Synth sound set for Mail alert, and swapped it out for R2D2. Then sent myself an email from one account to a different one. No sound. The mail came in. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for the Mail app to "catch up" and play the alert.

jsanders91

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's only happened a couple of times, but my wifi disconnects then I turn wifi on & off again but there's nothing & it won't search for any networks but when I turn the phone on & off again wifi is back. Hope it's a software issue & not a hardware issue.

This is happening to me too! Like you, I hope it's a software issue! 😕

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods