When on wifi (and still connected to the network) and texting a NON iMessage user, it fails to send. Sometimes when hitting resend (still connected to wifi), it will go through but most of the time I have to turn OFF wifi and connect to the cell network to get the message to send. This has been happening more frequently.
    Last edited by Xm_jdm; 10-10-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    10-09-2014 02:39 PM
    When on wifi and texting a NON iMessage user, it fails to send. Sometimes when hitting resend (still connected to wifi), it will go through but most of the time I have to turn OFF wifi and connect to the cell network to get the message to send. This has been happening more frequently.
    SMS always goes thru the cell network not wifi. That being said, your phone should be connected to the cell network even while you are on wifi (else how would you get calls unless on T-Mobile with wifi calling) so sending SMS should work unless you have a super weak signal.
    10-09-2014 02:48 PM
    Is it me or is it 6 or is it IOS8?
    10-09-2014 08:02 PM
    I'm having a pretty serious (or rather, seriously annoying) random reboot/refresh issue on my 6+ running 8.0.2

It is not app specific - sometimes it reboots with all apps closed and on the lock screen.

No blue screen of death or red screens, just the white screen with black Apple logo - it only takes 10-20 seconds to cycle back to the lock screen but it is really irritating when it chooses to reboot while I'm midway through tracking a run on runkeeper.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    10-09-2014 09:58 PM
    SMS always goes thru the cell network not wifi. That being said, your phone should be connected to the cell network even while you are on wifi (else how would you get calls unless on T-Mobile with wifi calling) so sending SMS should work unless you have a super weak signal.
    I know it does which is why I believe this is a bug. I have full T-Mobile signal while connected to WiFi and it still does this to me.
    10-10-2014 11:48 AM
    Well I just got my iPhone 6+ on Wednesday and battery life is not that good and also connection signal is terrible and my Wi-Fi keeps coming on even when I turn it off!
    10-10-2014 12:08 PM
    Hi I am coming from an android phone does anyone know how to transfer music and photos onto my iPhone? Please reply back if you do thank you.
    10-10-2014 12:08 PM
    Hello again coming from android can anyone tell me anything special with the iPhone that I should know about?This is my very first iPhone!
    10-10-2014 12:10 PM
    Hi I am coming from an android phone does anyone know how to transfer music and photos onto my iPhone? Please reply back if you do thank you.
    Hello again coming from android can anyone tell me anything special with the iPhone that I should know about?This is my very first iPhone!
    This is the known issues thread. You should probably post these questions in the ask a question forum
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-10-2014 01:08 PM
    Has anyone noticed there battery percentage drop occasionally 2%. Seems to mainly happen at 61% and drops to 59%. Happens on other percentages. I've also restored from new and still it happens, so now I'm thinking it could be iOS 8. I know it's only a minor problem but it's just annoying and would be nice to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

Edit. Also it jumps up in 2% increments when charging from 59% to 61%. Why only certain percentages I'm not sure it's strange.
    Just wanted to post this again now there are more people posting on this thread. Please could everyone check there percentage when it's at 61% and see if it drops to 59%. So far it looks like I'm not alone, so it would be nice to know if there are more people experiencing this issue. It's probably not easy to spot unless you see it drop. Any observations and responses would be appreciated. Thanks.
    10-10-2014 02:26 PM
    I'm having a pretty serious (or rather, seriously annoying) random reboot/refresh issue on my 6+ running 8.0.2

It is not app specific - sometimes it reboots with all apps closed and on the lock screen.

No blue screen of death or red screens, just the white screen with black Apple logo - it only takes 10-20 seconds to cycle back to the lock screen but it is really irritating when it chooses to reboot while I'm midway through tracking a run on runkeeper.

Sent from my shiny new iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    I was having this problem and I did restore as new. I haven't seen it again but mine was only for like 5-10 seconds. I never lost the phone calls when mine happened either.
    10-11-2014 08:18 AM
    Welcome! Try here: How to get started with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus: The ultimate guide | iMore
    10-11-2014 09:29 AM
    I've been having issues with typing a message whether it be in text, notes, emails, ect? It will freeze and kick me out! It just did it again. It will either Freeze up and I can't do anything on the entire screen or kicks me out of whatever I'm doing. It seems more likely if I backspace but it's doin it a lot. Also copy/ paste freezing or is difficult? Actually was looking for customer service and found this site.
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    I am also having similar issues w/messaging and texts, particularly when I am trying to attach a photo/video. This started about the same time I upgraded to the new/improved iOS 8.0.2 so I don't know if it is the software issue. Anyway, I travel a lot and like to take pictures of where I am and send them to friends/family. Now when I try to attach a picture the message/text app freezes and then the app shuts down completely, taking me back to the home page.

I also tried, starting from the picture, then hitting the share icon. When I click on message, more than 50% of the time there is no address block or it says "New Message" in the address box and won't let me type the contact's name making it unusable. I can send pictures via email, but prefer to send them via the messaging app most of the time. Help!
    10-11-2014 09:38 AM
    I think I may have figured out my issue--I switched keyboards and it turns out I am only having this issue w/the Swift Key keyboard. It seems to work fine w/the stock keyboard. I will send this off to swift key and hopefully, they can fix it.
    10-11-2014 09:40 AM
    Had my first 6 plus issue. Did a reset of my network settings and the device got stuck in a reboot loop. Nothing a DFU + backup couldn't fix though.

I won't be at a computer for a few days, but when I can I will put 8.1b2 on it and test again.
    10-11-2014 09:59 AM
    I'm stuck in a epidemic, I also can't put it down either. Such a beautiful display to look at photos with.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-11-2014 06:45 PM
    Random reboots for me
    10-12-2014 11:35 PM
    Random reboots for me
    Have you tried a manual reboot? I had the same issue then one day so manually rebooted my phone and it hasn't happened as much since.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    10-13-2014 01:58 AM
    I have encountered something new the last few days. The calendar doesn't update in the Notification Center. It shows the prior day even though at the top it has the correct day and upcoming calendar appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-13-2014 10:27 AM
    Last night I was sitting inn unfair on my lunch break listening to iTunes Radio. The music app was the only app I had running. All of a sudden the phone did the white screen black Apple logo for 20 seconds. They was the first time that's happened I've been noticing more and more that the keyboard on both the 6+ as well as iPad freezes at random times and wither in native if third part apps.

Also an issue I noticed yesterday was that when I attempt to send a text message whether it be a contact or a number not saved in my phone, like 911. I enter the number then tap the camera icon to send a photo. As its doing the carousel effect to choose a photo to attach if I'm swiping back and forth fast enough the entire messages app will just crash on me.

I've rebooted the phone and it still crashes.
    Last edited by swampbaby; 10-13-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    10-13-2014 12:46 PM
    This is happening to me too. I dont want to go to the APple Store to get it replaced, so I'm hoping 8.1 will fix this issue. I wish there was a way for us non-devs to report bugs like this.
    10-13-2014 02:35 PM
    the 2% battery drop seems to be an iOS 8 issue, this happened last night on my iPad Mini 1st Gen (running 8.0.2), dropped from 48% to 46% just by unlocking...
    10-14-2014 03:52 AM
    I'm having this weird issue when I'm on the lock screen and get a text message, the keyboard keys don't show at times, I just see a blank board
    10-14-2014 06:44 AM
    the 2% battery drop seems to be an iOS 8 issue, this happened last night on my iPad Mini 1st Gen (running 8.0.2), dropped from 48% to 46% just by unlocking...
    48% to 46% is another percentage point where mine jumps.

I have a battery widget and when my battery percentage is at 61% my widget shows 60%. That would be another indication its an iOS 8 bug.

If you don't mind can you check to see if it jumps when at 61% to 59%?
    10-14-2014 12:48 PM
    I'm having this weird issue when I'm on the lock screen and get a text message, the keyboard keys don't show at times, I just see a blank board
    Happens in spotlight too

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    10-14-2014 06:56 PM
412 ... 678910 ...