Question for 6 Plus users. I've been watching review videos, and 2 mentioned they could see 'stuttering' and occasional 'pixeling' when scrolling quickly in safari and certain apps. They attributed it to the non-native 1080p resolution downscaling and the pull that had on the ram. Has anyone experienced this?
    I'm getting some random odd behavior on my 6 plus with YouTube. It sounds like it may be what you mentioned above. There are random times when watching a video it seems to get stuck like its buffering but I can't do anything. It just freezes and I have to force quit the app.
    10-01-2014 06:52 AM
    Yeah I'll have to do something. Wifi calling on my Galaxy S5 was crystal clear and it was perfect. Not so much on the iPhone 6 plus.
    10-01-2014 08:04 AM
    I can totally understand if apps need to be updated for it. Just sucks the stock apps didn't allow for it, so I'm not holding my breath. A great example is using Apple Maps. I still have MotionX GPS Drive installed because it supports 180 degree rotations. So I can load up the GPS, plug in my phone, and sit it in a cup holder to glance at for directions. Can't do that with Apple Maps unless I'm ok with it not being "face up".

Just a minor quip though. Hopefully Apple decides to change that in October's update.
    That's weird. My GPS Drive won't go horizontal. Remember we used to be able to pick between Apple and Google maps (as a sort of recent update)? And there used to be a night mode? Anyway, I'm on my 4S, waiting for the 6 Plus. I use GPS Drive as my primary GPS, and was going to suggest to them that they allow landscape mode. I can't remember it ever being able to do that.
    10-01-2014 11:50 AM
    That's weird. My GPS Drive won't go horizontal. Remember we used to be able to pick between Apple and Google maps (as a sort of recent update)? And there used to be a night mode? Anyway, I'm on my 4S, waiting for the 6 Plus. I use GPS Drive as my primary GPS, and was going to suggest to them that they allow landscape mode. I can't remember it ever being able to do that.
    I never used landscape mode, but it does support rotating 180 degrees so the power cord plugs in "on top".
    10-01-2014 11:59 AM
    For those having wifi issues (losing connection), try turning location services off for weather. I notice that sometimes my wifi disconnects when it tries to get the weather when it wakes from sleep. The location arrow is showing when it wakes, and sometimes the wifi icon disappears at the same time. Turned weather off, and my wifi connections holds.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 10-04-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    decypher44 likes this.
    10-01-2014 02:38 PM
    I'm experiencing a wifi issue. For whatever reason I wasn't able to connect to my wifi network at home. (I'm currently connected on other devices, and have previously connected before.) have turned wifi off and on. No change. Going to restart and that will hopefully fix it, but hope it's a one time issue and not a recurring one.
    10-02-2014 12:54 AM
    Got a weird bug today check this outIPhone 6 plus known issues-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412232632.227153.jpg
    As y'all can see the orientation on the lock screen is messed up with the status bar. Anyone have this issue?
    Oh, and today the orientation wouldn't change from landscape too portrait. It stayed in landscape for about 30 minutes then I tried again then eventually it changed back to portrait after kicking the phone them unlocking it with touch ID
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-02-2014 02:51 AM
    Got a weird bug today check this outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412232632.227153.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	67055
    As y'all can see the orientation on the lock screen is messed up with the status bar. Anyone have this issue?
    Oh, and today the orientation wouldn't change from landscape too portrait. It stayed in landscape for about 30 minutes then I tried again then eventually it changed back to portrait after kicking the phone them unlocking it with touch ID
    Good observation, I'm starting to feel like things need to be tightened up on the software side of things on iPhone 6 Plus. The larger screen size is apparently causing problems with orientation and thus developer support.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-05-2014 10:10 PM
    Sometimes during video playback the sound will work and sometimes it won't. Calls for a restart and even then its hit or miss on whether it's going to work or not.
    10-06-2014 01:12 AM
    Another bug, the airdrop icon is scratched outIPhone 6 plus known issues-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412577028.052718.jpg
    10-06-2014 02:30 AM
    I am using a small jpeg picture in my email signature. I cut and paste the text and picture from an existing email . The picture then goes away after closing and reopening the email app. I use the same on my ipad 4 and there is no problem, so I do not believe it is ios 8.0.2 issue.
    Have any of you had the same experience with your 6+? (I am using IMAP)
    Any fixes?
    10-06-2014 02:23 PM
    Been a few days and wifi issue is still persisting. One thing I noticed is it won't connect to my 5 GHz channel at all anymore. (Doesn't appear in my network list.) turning wifi off and back on allows it to reconnect to 2.4 GHz chan.
    10-06-2014 10:55 PM
    Been a few days and wifi issue is still persisting. One thing I noticed is it won't connect to my 5 GHz channel at all anymore. (Doesn't appear in my network list.) turning wifi off and back on allows it to reconnect to 2.4 GHz chan.
    did you try erasing network settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 12:44 AM
    Even I am having similar issue, sometimes it shows the 5ghz ssid sometimes it does not
    10-07-2014 08:41 AM
    I am having the very same problem.
    10-07-2014 12:45 PM
    The switcher sometimes doesn't come up when pressing the home button twice!!! I could kill apple  employees when this happens
    10-08-2014 09:26 AM
    While in the messages app, the name of the contact runs into the contact picture. "Force closing" the app and then reopening it fixes it.
    10-08-2014 11:44 AM
    Like many on this forum, I think the Plus is the best iPhone I have ever had. Having said that, I am a little disappointed with the memory and speed of the processor. Not sure if it is the scaler, but I do notice some freezing when switching between apps and the home screen as well as some slowness in switching from landscape to portrait. It may be an iOS8 issue but I definitely notice it. Having said that, everything else is great; screen looks amazing, sound quality is great, battery life is significantly better than my 5S, and the camera is fantastic. Can't wait for Apple Pay and more apps being updated for the Plus!!!
    fb2 and decypher44 like this.
    10-08-2014 12:11 PM
    Were you ever successful seeing and connecting to a 5GHz network? With my iPad mini retina I was able to see and connect, but I never saw a 5Ghz network with an iPhone, not with the 4s and now also not with 6+
    10-08-2014 12:18 PM
    Were you ever successful seeing and connecting to a 5GHz network? With my iPad mini retina I was able to see and connect, but I never saw a 5Ghz network with an iPhone, not with the 4s and now also not with 6+
    I've had no issues with my iPhone 5 seeing/connecting to the 5GHz chan. So far I'm reconnecting to 5GHz - hopefully it'll stick
    fb2 likes this.
    10-08-2014 12:19 PM
    I've had no issues with my iPhone 5 seeing/connecting to the 5GHz chan. So far I'm reconnecting to 5GHz - hopefully it'll stick
    Good to know that it's possible. Will try it next time, I thought it's just not possible
    10-08-2014 12:46 PM
    Another bug, the airdrop icon is scratched outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412577028.052718.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	67440
    Does it work if you tap that little bit that shows?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-08-2014 12:54 PM
    I've been having issues with typing a message whether it be in text, notes, emails, ect? It will freeze and kick me out! It just did it again. It will either Freeze up and I can't do anything on the entire screen or kicks me out of whatever I'm doing. It seems more likely if I backspace but it's doin it a lot. Also copy/ paste freezing or is difficult? Actually was looking for customer service and found this site.
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    10-08-2014 09:17 PM
    Does it work if you tap that little bit that shows?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Nope. Doesn't work
    10-09-2014 08:45 AM
    I, too, have been having intermittent wifi issues. I've never experienced this with a phone before. This is my first iPhone, so don't know if it has always been an issue.

Are these issues being forwarded to Apple?
    10-09-2014 01:08 PM
412 ... 56789 ...