Wifi won't connect have to hard reset device for it to function again
    09-27-2014 09:18 PM
    I'm noticing iCloud will not automatically backup when phone is plugged in. I have to do it manually. That's annoying! I'm on 8.0.2. I tried toggling off & on Backup, deleting my iCloud account and then adding it again, resetting, Nothing! Anybody else facing the same issue?

Also noticing constant refreshing of safari tabs and apps. Even with no more than 2 apps open in the bg. I know the phone has 1GB of ram but so does the 5 and 5s. I never had lack of ram problem with them.
    Are you on Wifi?
    09-27-2014 10:07 PM
    I have had some strange BT issues. Paired with my car and music showed that it was playing, no sound from the speakers or the phone. Rebooted the phone and restarted the car and all was good until I received a call. When I hung up the problem returned. Music showed playing but no sound again. About 30 seconds later the sound started working.
    09-27-2014 11:34 PM
    I have had some strange BT issues. Paired with my car and music showed that it was playing, no sound from the speakers or the phone. Rebooted the phone and restarted the car and all was good until I received a call. When I hung up the problem returned. Music showed playing but no sound again. About 30 seconds later the sound started working.
    I've had this happen too. I end up having to cycle the BT adapter on my car, or turn off BT on my iPhone and then back on. It showed connected, but the device selector goes away from beside the volume bar and thus, I know I need to cycle my BT. Like you, this typically when a call or Siri "overrides" the playing audio. I've also noticed that 50% of the time, turning off the car does NOT stop playing the music. After a few seconds, it plays out of the speaker on the phone.

These behaviors have improved with iOS 8.0.2 (as in, not as prevalent as before), but still persist. Let's hope 8.0.3 helps with them!
    09-28-2014 03:35 AM
    Downloaded the latest update, control center still isn't working well on the lock screen, no matter how many times I swipe it up, nothing happens, except once in a blue moon when it decides to work.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    I've noticed its inconsistent. Also not always rotating to landscape mode.
    09-28-2014 05:29 AM
    I have another issue. Whenn my phone dies then turns on when charged, when i receive a message notification, all in see is numbers instead of the contacts name, it's like the phone forgot the contact lol. Any one got this issue?
    I had that issue on my 5S throughout the beta process so maybe they didn't fix it yet. I haven't run my battery down enough yet to test. But it did do it on my 5S
    09-28-2014 09:29 AM
    For those with wifi issues, try enabling WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) on your router, which may be under QoS settings. I did this on my Netgear R7000 and it fixed my connection problems with the 6 Plus.
    09-28-2014 10:19 AM
    I had the same issue, turn the orientation lock on and it will fix it.
    In a little while you can turn that lock off again.
    09-28-2014 10:38 AM
    This is one of the stranger issues with iOS 8/iPhone 6 plus. If I open up a video, from a link on facebook, or from YouTube, etc.....the volume is at a certain level. Sometimes the video freezes so I have to close it and reopen. Upon doing so, the volume is LOWER than before. Close and open again and it's even LOWER! This keeps going on until you can barely hear it ! Very odd
    09-28-2014 01:44 PM
    Has anyone noticed there battery percentage drop occasionally 2%. Seems to mainly happen at 61% and drops to 59%. Happens on other percentages. I've also restored from new and still it happens, so now I'm thinking it could be iOS 8. I know it's only a minor problem but it's just annoying and would be nice to know if anyone else is experiencing it.

Edit. Also it jumps up in 2% increments when charging from 59% to 61%. Why only certain percentages I'm not sure it's strange.
    Last edited by moloes; 09-28-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    09-28-2014 06:09 PM
    Predictive text randomly stops working and has to be turned off and then back on again.
    09-29-2014 12:11 AM
    my car bluetooth has been borked since I got the device at iOS 8. Never downloaded 8.0.1 and did get 8.0.2 after a day or so. Trouble connecting from the car and using the controls from the car were pretty much non existent. I tried deleting pairing from phone and care etc.

The only thing that has worked was a complete factory reset of my iphone and then signing out of icloud and then repairing my car and iphone...so far it is working acceptably for now but still not as well as my work iphone 5 still on iOS 7.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Seems like iOS 8 was a bit rushed and we are the beta testers...
    09-29-2014 03:32 PM
    Don't know if this issue has been noticed and mentioned before by others but I'm not able to access the front camera from within whatsapp. Like if I want to take a selfie within whatsapp, I only see a dark screen where as its fine if I switch to the rear camera. Another friend of mine has the exact same issue so I know I'm not alone. Anyone else noticed this?
    09-29-2014 04:14 PM
    One major issue I have is that certain apps do not work in Landscape mode. The two main culprits are the Dialer and the Lockscreen.
    You're joking right?
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    09-30-2014 03:04 AM
    I've had daily random reboots, sometimes multiple times per day since I got the phone, it's annoying but the phone boots back up quickly and thanks to flash memory I'm right back to what I was doing moments before it happened, but still it's an issue.

Random reboot issues are usually caused by an app using to much memory. If you want to fix it you'll need to find which app it is and remove it. That's been my experience with this type of issue anyways. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheFirm likes this.
    09-30-2014 07:00 AM
    I'm getting some random issues. It seems like the orientation is slow and gets stuck at times. I've also had the device seem to freeze randomly. I have to reset it to get it back to normal.

Other then that things have been good for me.
    Shan S. likes this.
    09-30-2014 07:54 AM
    Random reboot issues are usually caused by an app using to much memory. If you want to fix it you'll need to find which app it is and remove it. That's been my experience with this type of issue anyways. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the response,I haven't had the issue for a few days now,hopefully it never comes back.

09-30-2014 11:49 AM
    I'm still on my iPhone 5, and have issues getting stuck in landscape. So that may be iOS 8, not the 6 Plus. Or both.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-30-2014 01:46 PM
    Sometimes in Safari if I rotate to landscape mode, I can't do anything but scroll up and down. I can't press back, the address bar, favorites, anything. I have to rotate back to portrait and then back to landscape and it works.
    09-30-2014 01:54 PM
    Sometimes in Safari if I rotate to landscape mode, I can't do anything but scroll up and down. I can't press back, the address bar, favorites, anything. I have to rotate back to portrait and then back to landscape and it works.
    In general, I have found Safari to "ignore" many of my taps. I don't recall if I was in portrait or landscape mode. Usually, if I scroll around, then I can tap to click.
    isuquinndog likes this.
    09-30-2014 02:18 PM
    Question for 6 Plus users. I've been watching review videos, and 2 mentioned they could see 'stuttering' and occasional 'pixeling' when scrolling quickly in safari and certain apps. They attributed it to the non-native 1080p resolution downscaling and the pull that had on the ram. Has anyone experienced this?
    09-30-2014 04:11 PM
    Question for 6 Plus users. I've been watching review videos, and 2 mentioned they could see 'stuttering' and occasional 'pixeling' when scrolling quickly in safari and certain apps. They attributed it to the non-native 1080p resolution downscaling and the pull that had on the ram. Has anyone experienced this?
    I haven't seen it myself but I'm not a heavy safari user. But in large lists in Tapatalk, Reeder, and Alien Blue I haven't seen it.
    09-30-2014 05:28 PM
    Wifi calling issues for a t mobile customer. Calls over wifi will drop consistently no matter who it is. Calls over lte are fine.
    09-30-2014 10:55 PM
    I have an issue only on the 6 plus, where YouTube plays sounds out if the earpiece instead of the speakers, which results in quiet videos. All other sound is fine.
    09-30-2014 11:48 PM
    Wifi calling issues for a t mobile customer. Calls over wifi will drop consistently no matter who it is. Calls over lte are fine.
    I have WiFi calling activated on my T-Mobile Plus and WiFi calling has been awesome with no drop outs. In fact I just ended a 2 hours phone convo while connected. Maybe do a reset? That's an odd one.
    09-30-2014 11:54 PM
412 ... 45678 ...