IPhone 6 plus known issues

cutemoto

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
It's only happened a couple of times, but my wifi disconnects then I turn wifi on & off again but there's nothing & it won't search for any networks but when I turn the phone on & off again wifi is back. Hope it's a software issue & not a hardware issue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Few issues I've noticed since last night...

- Cellular service dots/bars seem to fluctuate...A LOT. My iPhone 5S stayed at full bars here in my house, but the 6+ seems to fluctuate from 3-5 bars while sitting in the same exact place. Service itself doesn't seem to be effected, and I checked speeds on LTE and they seemed the same weather at 5 bars or 3 bars, but it's weird that it changes like that so much.
- Battery life is no where near as "good" as some people were claiming. It's not bad, not any worse than what I experienced with my 5S, but it's certainly not dramatically better.
- Safari seems to have some issues switching from vertical mode to landscape mode in certain conditions...I was on ESPN today and it took sometimes 1-2 seconds for the screen to switch between the two modes where as the 5S seemed to do it instantaneously.
- Notification Center seems to get the "Unable to Load" screen a lot with the widgets...I don't plan to use these often honestly, but it's a little weird. I think The Weather Channels widget has worked maybe 30% of the time.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm seeing the Weather Channel widget doing the same thing.

I can't get slow mo videos I shot to work on my AppleTv via AirPlay. Regular videos are fine.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If I had to say anything, it is that I was stoked when I say the home screen rotate 180 degrees. If I am using my 5S while charging, I hated how the power cord was crimped. With the 6+, I was really excited to be done with that.

Sadly, while the home screen will rotate 180 degrees, apps won't (not even Safari). Sucks. Hopefully some day!

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I can totally understand if apps need to be updated for it. Just sucks the stock apps didn't allow for it, so I'm not holding my breath. A great example is using Apple Maps. I still have MotionX GPS Drive installed because it supports 180 degree rotations. So I can load up the GPS, plug in my phone, and sit it in a cup holder to glance at for directions. Can't do that with Apple Maps unless I'm ok with it not being "face up".

Just a minor quip though. Hopefully Apple decides to change that in October's update.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm experiencing no push notifications. First time transferring from a phone at my house but for some reason my iPhone 5S is getting my push notifications and the 6+ will not. I get messages and the sort on my 6+ but not push notifications for some reason. Please help!

Side note: but I LOVE my 6+!! Amazing screen quality and once apps take advantage of its size and update their apps (because some have weird formatting like Tweetbot) it will be even better!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues getting reachability to work? It was working fine yesterday and now all of a sudden it doesn't wanna do anything. It's on.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
the biggest problem I have is having only 10% battery left after 22 hours. Apple is doomed with battery life like this. 😝😝😀😃😄. I mean come on with playing games and music Bluetooth on all the time, heavy use this thing is awesome

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues getting reachability to work? It was working fine yesterday and now all of a sudden it doesn't wanna do anything. It's on.

Seems to be working fine for me...make sure you're not depressing the button even slightly, I noticed if I press down with a little more pressure than a simple tap, sometimes it doesn't register.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
the biggest problem I have is having only 10% battery left after 22 hours. Apple is doomed with battery life like this. 😝😝😀😃😄. I mean come on with playing games and music Bluetooth on all the time, heavy use this thing is awesome

I did five hours of conference calls (mostly using VoLTE), wifi updates of my data, and cellular updates of apps as the day progressed. At 11 pm, I still had 48% battery.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My home screen orientation was stuck upside down. No ability to change no matter how I positioned the phone. Had to power off and back on to get back to normal. Not a big deal but never experienced that before.

Have the same problem. Super annoying.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with the phone. I setup my phone as new & didn't restore from any backups. Just downloaded apps as needed & I'm still working on setting everything up like it was. Battery life has been pretty good...2hrs usage 5hrs 22minutes standby 89% left. It's better than the battery on my GS5 & that thing lasts forever. I have no complains.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be working fine for me...make sure you're not depressing the button even slightly, I noticed if I press down with a little more pressure than a simple tap, sometimes it doesn't register.

Yeah it took me a while to get it lol I finally got the hang of it. Never mind nothing is wrong with my phone! all is good with the world.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work with my 2013 Camry Navigation/phone system. I get "no network signal" when I try to make a call. This might be an IOS8 issue with Camry.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having wifi issues at home. No problems on my iPad mini but my iPhone 6 plus gets stuck part way loading page. Disconnected from network and rests blisters connection, forgot network. Nothing seems to be helping.

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working fine for me except I cannot get my work email to set up. It will not let my work install the necessary profiles. Never had this issue with my iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods