Ladies with the 6 Plus, what is your reaction to it or impression of it?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ladies who went with the 6 Plus over the 6, what are your reactions? I am on the fence about which model to go with because as you all know, lady pockets are shallow and small and can barely fit the 5S. Also, how does the 6 Plus fit in your lady hands?

I'd be curious to hear anyone's feedback (including guys), but am especially interested in a woman's point of view.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My gf says she is going to want the 6+ yet would tell me that my Note 3 was too big. She always carries her phone in her bag though. So that's a big part of why a big phone won't be that bad. She definitely has small hands and knowing her, I don't think it'll be more suitable for her than the 4.7 which makes me think it'll just be too big. It barely fits in my hands lol

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I went the 6 Plus and I don't regret it.. AT ALL. I have smaller hands and yes it's big -- but not too big. I know I would have been upset if I would have gone with just the 6 even after just half a day with the 6 Plus. As far as the pocket situation, I very rarely carry my phone in my pocket but I did try it out today (back pocket of skinny jeans) and it was fine. Of course it stuck out but I wasn't too concerned about it falling out or anything along those lines.

No doubt it will take some getting used too. The phone is big but it's a good big. (Did I really just say that?) :p I don't feel funny talking on it or using it in public. It's a brilliant device and I find the size just right for me.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have one on order but went into an Apple Store to touch it / bask in its glory with reverence.

It fits my hands just fine, but I have very large hands for a woman so your mileage may vary. I measured my hands last night and apparently my hands are bigger than 65% of women and bigger than 90% of women my height (5'3") -- right now, the giant hands I was teased about as a kid are actually coming in handy ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not bad. Like Karen said it doesn't fit in the front pockets but it definitely fits in the back pockets. The thing is extremely huge but it's pretty comfortable in hand. I never really wanted a large phone but it's not horrible. It's gonna take some getting use to & it's growing on me. The 4.7 was still too big for one handed use but with my nails two handed use wasn't comfortable. I had the same issues with two handed use in my 5S.

All in all it's pretty nice & I love the Midnight Blue Apple Leather Case on it. If I get another case, it'll definitely have to be a slim case.

selena650

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm also planning on getting the IPhone 6 plus and I'm not worried about the size since I'm 5'11 with big hands. I think if u carry a purse it helps. But skinny jeans on men or women it won't fit.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, all. I don't usually carry a purse or bag with me, that's the problem. My phone is usually in my back or jacket pocket. I also run a lot and am wondering if this monster will be too big to run with. I will probably mosey my way out to the stores this weekend to actually handle both devices.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I love my 6+ I played with a note and thought it was too big but Apple did a good job of ensuring that it's easy to handle and not heavy at all. I don't put things in my pockets so I'm not sure about pocketability.

jaytwo2

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Michikade. I am considering buying one for my girlfriend for her birthday. How did you measure your hand and do you have a link to the size that show how your hands compare for your height etc. Thanks so much!!! Hope her hands are big enough.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Michikade. I am considering buying one for my girlfriend for her birthday. How did you measure your hand and do you have a link to the size that show how your hands compare for your height etc. Thanks so much!!! Hope her hands are big enough.

I measured my hand from the first crease of my wrist to the tip of my middle finger, and then Palm width from the outside of my thumb to the outside of my pinky.

Resources:

http://www.theaveragebody.com/average_hand_size.php

http://www.stackmeup.com/your-body/hand-size.php

Now, this being said, some people with little hands will do just fine with a 6+ and some people with big hands will prefer a 6. I've played with a 6+ in an Apple Store and have a case and it feels comfortable for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My hands are average.. I have no issue to texting with one hand most of the time. Made it easier with a thin clear silicon case as well. It also fits fine in the back of my jean shorts. All though I would not run with it in my back pocket..

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I agonized over this for a week and finally went with the 6. Happy with my decision, but have only had it for a day. The Plus screen is gorgeous but for day to day use, it will probably end up driving me batty having to deal with the size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711