What to do with old IPhone

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an IPhone 5 and will be giving it to my wife who will be upgrading form a 16gb IPhone 5. I will be picking up a 6+ today. What do I need to do to prepare my old IPhone 5 for her? Reset? Does that wipe all of the data? How about the SIM card? Do I remove mine and put hers in from her old IPhone 5? I want to transfer her number to the phone I am giving her. We are both on Verizon. I think I can do that by calling them. I don't want her to lose her upgrade status with this switch of phones for her. Am I missing anything. I posted here since probably others are doing this today.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On any device you're giving away or selling.... Turn off Find my iPhone, log off/sign out of iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, and AppStore... Then go to settings>>general>>erase all content/settings... As far as SIMSs goes... call Verizon, have them swap the MEIDs in their system, swap SIMs and restart the phones.

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I believe you also want to make sure Find My Phone logged out/uninstalled as well, otherwise it cannot be activated someone else since it's locked to your iTunes account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR