I ordered the iphone 6 plus right when it became available last week.
    I just got a text message from AT&T telling me that my upgrade will also raise the price for my phone on my family share plane from $30/month to $40/month.
    WTF?
    09-17-2014 08:11 PM
    I ordered the iphone 6 plus right when it became available last week.
    I just got a text message from AT&T telling me that my upgrade will also raise the price for my phone on my family share plane from $30/month to $40/month.
    WTF?
    Call them and ask them WTF? I’m sure they will explain it to you. I did the same thing, but have seen no increase. Are you on the old 2-year subsidized plan? If so, did you do the $299 subsidize price or Next? If you went Next, you are paying a monthly charge toward the full price of the phone ON TOP of your subsidized contract. That would explain it. Again, if that’s the case, your are paying double for the phone - paying for the phone AND paying the unused subsidy cost.
    09-17-2014 08:15 PM
    If you are on a shared plan (with no phone subsidy) and you choose Next, your bill should only increase the price of the monthly Next installment though, right?
    09-17-2014 10:54 PM
    Depends on the plan you are on. I am on the Value Shared Plan at 20GB. I currently pay a discounted price of 15$ per line (normally 40.00). When you get a new phone, if you buy a subsidized phone you lose the $25.00 discount. If you purchase the phone full price or use Next, then you keep the discounted price.

When I ordered my iphone 6 last week, this was indicated on the AT & T site. So I decided to buy the phone outright.
    09-17-2014 11:07 PM
    It's just their way to make more money.
    There was a time where you would get the phone at s discounted price if you committed to them for two years. Now it's not enough. You have to either pay more on your plan or "lease" your phone through next. Lose lose situation for the consumer and win win for carrier.
    09-18-2014 07:34 AM
    The whole concept of a discounted rate on phones has always been a misnomer. We've always paid for the discount with higher monthly rates.
    09-18-2014 07:49 AM
    I am not using Next. Never did and never will. Total rip-off.
    I am on a subsidized iphone 5. My 2 year contract runs out right about now give or take a couple of weeks. I bought the iphone 6 plus also on a 2 year contract and subsidized price. But I guess as someone mentioned here, call and complain. I have 9 phones and 1 ipad on my plan. I pay ATT around $500/month. That should be enough to throw my weight around a little.
    09-18-2014 08:51 AM
    I am on a subsidized iphone 5. My 2 year contract runs out right about now give or take a couple of weeks. I bought the iphone 6 plus also on a 2 year contract and subsidized price. But I guess as someone mentioned here, call and complain. I have 9 phones and 1 ipad on my plan. I pay ATT around $500/month. That should be enough to throw my weight around a little.
    Unfortunately they dont care. They insist that you either switch to next or pay the full price to avoide the price going up.
    09-18-2014 09:05 AM
    That sounds a bit high even for 10 lines.
    09-18-2014 09:34 AM
    $500/mo???? Wow, how many GB are you sharing? I am on the 20GB plan with 7 smartphones, 2 ipads and a mifi and pay about 275 + taxes and fees
    09-19-2014 05:38 PM
    This almost sounds like some of those phones are on Next with monthly payments towards the phone purchases.
    09-19-2014 06:02 PM