The official: I got my iPhone 6 plus

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Happens to all Androids I've had too and most of the one's I've had have lagged since the beginning. My Nexus 7(only android I have) is almost unusable now :/ They definitely have their strengths but they're just not reliable(to me).

Oh gosh please don't bring up the nexus 7, haven't turned it on in months, would prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, lol,had the most issues with that device

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Happens to all Androids I've had too and most of the one's I've had have lagged since the beginning. My Nexus 7(only android I have) is almost unusable now :/ They definitely have their strengths but they're just not reliable(to me).

I had the S1 and the Evo before I went to Apple. The only reason I left Apple was because of the screen and I thought Android would have corrected issues boy was I wrong.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Meant to also add. I got the JeTech case from Amazon. Clear plastic. Great case. Almost went for the $50 apple leather (which is nice - maybe a splurge down the road) but didn't want to cover this baby up. I'm glad I stuck with the JeTech. Minimal bulk.

I had the black Apple leather case on my iPhone 5S and loved it, so I ordered one with my iPhone 6 Plus. I also heard plenty of good things about the Spigen Neo Hybrid, so I also bought one of them. I didn’t even open the Apple leather case. It’s going back ASAP.

I also got an email from Spigen saying that they were sending out some something called "buttons stabilizers" to fix a problem with the case that I am not experiencing.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the S1 and the Evo before I went to Apple. The only reason I left Apple was because of the screen and I thought Android would have corrected issues boy was I wrong.

I had an htc touch pro 2 prior to my galaxy s3,so I've been on all 3 platforms,I have two other iOS devices,not one complaint,outside of iTunes issues here and there.

I'll take stability over magical features like hand waving etc any day of the week, don't think I'll touch android for a while.

Justin Beatty

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The guy at the apple store TOLD ME that only the only cases that fit the iPhone properly is the one they had because the other manufacturers didn't get the chance to have the phone in their hands to do it with the exact measures.

This is probably why some of the higher end protective cases are not available yet, like Lifeproof and Quad Lock, and may explain the button fix Spigen is having to send out.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Apple store in my city at 1:40 PM, wasn't expecting to buying one since I place an order online anyways but just thought I go and see how long the line was. When I got there at 1:40 PM, I was told that there were no more 6 Plus's left. So I decided to place an order for the 6.

About an hour and a half later, the Apple rep shouted out anyone want to change to a 6 Plus. I was stoked, I raised my hand and immediately switched to the 6 Plus. They did not have the color I wanted and was given the Space Gray or Gold, so I choose the Gold instead. I immediately canceled the online order and in 5 minutes I got a confirmation and got my eligibility back.

5 PM it was my turn and got it, my anxiety level is high being that I was excited, my mouth was dry. It took longer than usual because there was some issue, and called AT&T but decided to do the transaction again and second time it worked. Walked out with an iPhone 6 Plus AT&T 128 GB in hand out the store at 6 PM, and there is still a long line.

Couldn't be happier. I also got a silicone case with it.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Apple store in my city at 1:40 PM, wasn't expecting to buying one since I place an order online anyways but just thought I go and see how long the line was. When I got there at 1:40 PM, I was told that there were no more 6 Plus's left. So I decided to place an order for the 6.

About an hour and a half later, the Apple rep shouted out anyone want to change to a 6 Plus. I was stoked, I raised my hand and immediately switched to the 6 Plus. They did not have the color I wanted and was given the Space Gray or Gold, so I choose the Gold instead. I immediately canceled the online order and in 5 minutes I got a confirmation and got my eligibility back.

5 PM it was my turn and got it, my anxiety level is high being that I was excited, my mouth was dry. It took longer than usual because there was some issue, and called AT&T but decided to do the transaction again and second time it worked. Walked out with an iPhone 6 Plus AT&T 128 GB in hand out the store at 6 PM, and there is still a long line.

Couldn't be happier. I also got a silicone case with it.

That's good!

I thought Apple wasn't selling silicone cases until October for the 6+

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I had the black Apple leather case on my iPhone 5S and loved it, so I ordered one with my iPhone 6 Plus. I also heard plenty of good things about the Spigen Neo Hybrid, so I also bought one of them. I didn’t even open the Apple leather case. It’s going back ASAP.

I also got an email from Spigen saying that they were sending out some something called "buttons stabilizers" to fix a problem with the case that I am not experiencing.

I got that email, too. I consider that really good, proactive customer service. I will be going to the Apple store to at least look at (and probably procure if available) the leather case. My Spigen doesn't look like it will make it in time for an upcoming business trip, and I want to have something on the phone as I meander around airports. Looking forward to when I actually get the Spigen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So what do you think of the larger size? Any regrets? I guess you decided not to keep it boxed up and sell it.

I love it. Honestly, I'll eat my words and say there's no way I'd go back to a smaller device...none. This thing feels so great and everything looks amazing on the screen. I actually found myself watching Netflix for no reason in my living room on it because it looked so good, LOL!

And yeah, decided to keep it...the auction I had on eBay was flirting with $1,200, but after fees, that's only about $100 profit before that magical 12 hour mark hits and I can't cancel it, so I just decided to hang onto it and enjoy it. It looks awesome!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
The more I use it, the more I become accustomed to the size. It may still look ridiculous to me as a phone, but the usability more than makes up for it. I love mine so far. I need to pick up a case tomorrow before I go on a business trip, but otherwise, this is a nice piece of hardware. Almost feel guilty for putting a case on it. The curved glass and rounded corners feel great in the hand, and I'm impressed with the overall build quality (more so than previous models - it just feels nice and solid). Unless I find some really annoying thing in the next few days, I think I'm hanging on to this one for a while.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see you guys getting on board with the larger screens. You didn't just take a snort, you inhaled the whole thing at once lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After getting my baby (iPhone 6 plus)yesterday,i picked up my girlfriend 5s and no tried how small it looked in comparison to my 6 plus. It looks like a midget. My eyes had to adjust big time. It's word cause I had this phone a few days ago.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm so jelly of you all!! I'm not getting my phone till Thursday! but I did play with it today at the Apple Store and boy is it nice!! I'm so excited!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm so jelly of you all!! I'm not getting my phone till Thursday! but I did play with it today at the Apple Store and boy is it nice!! I'm so excited!

I'm not getting mine for a long while. But I did go to the store yesterday as well just to get a look and feel of the device that I will be getting in a couple of months. I really liked the look and feel of it. I wish they had the space grey in the plus so that I could really see what I would be getting. But they just had the gold one on display. Which I'm glad that I didn't get the gold. The device looks fantastic. The only positive I can muster about not getting my phone today is by the time it does come, all of the cases that I want will be in and the features that we will be waiting for should be initialized already.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

geekpimpfx

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I lined up at 2am at the Apple Store in Summit Mall (Akron, OH). It was really cold, about 45F. There were some shenanigans with line jumpers, etc that was frustrating. I was able to get the exact phone I wanted (64GB Silver Plus) and was probably 100-125 back in the line. It seems about 20 people behind me or so they ran out of Pluses altogether. I didn't make it out of the store until after 11am. It was a much longer process than I expected. I don't think I'll line up again. I do appreciate the employees being so great with the line, the coffee, snacks, etc. The guys in line behind me were really nice to talk to, but the group in front of me were really rude.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
All these posts are making me super jealous. I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from Apple.com after I spent all day yesterday feverishly trying to track down a Plus. I ended up ordering it online inside the Apple store. Looks to be about 3-4 weeks out so it's going to be a long wait...

And after playing with a Plus in store... It's amazing. Plain and simple. I played with the 6 for about a minute before loosing all interest in it and went back to the Plus. I think the Plus is going to be a much bigger hit for Apple than we think. One thing I did not particularly like is that the Space Gray is so light colored. I wish it were more of the iP5 Black and Slate. Other than that... SO DAMN JEALOUS.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I lined up at 2am at the Apple Store in Summit Mall (Akron, OH). It was really cold, about 45F. There were some shenanigans with line jumpers, etc that was frustrating. I was able to get the exact phone I wanted (64GB Silver Plus) and was probably 100-125 back in the line. It seems about 20 people behind me or so they ran out of Pluses altogether. I didn't make it out of the store until after 11am. It was a much longer process than I expected. I don't think I'll line up again. I do appreciate the employees being so great with the line, the coffee, snacks, etc. The guys in line behind me were really nice to talk to, but the group in front of me were really rude.

We had a line jumper at the T-Mobile store I was at. The store has two entrances and at about 6 am there was about 25 people in line. Some random guy pulls up in his car, gets out and forms his own separate line at the other door. He got his *** handed to him by the crowd. He claimed he thought that was were the line was starting. WTF?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73