Anyone else having second thoughts or are you all still Team 6 Plus?
    09-17-2014 12:06 AM
    The reviews I've read are raving about the Plus. Better battery, better screen, better camera.
    murtzjaffer likes this.
    09-17-2014 12:27 AM
    It's all going to boil down to what feels most comfortable for one person or another. The Plus will be way too big for some people, but perfect for other people. It just depends on what you like and what you use your phone for.

I, for one, generally speaking don't use my phone as a phone often - it's a multimedia and text communication device. So to me, bigger battery and screen ultimately won out. Others may not feel that way.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    murtzjaffer likes this.
    09-17-2014 12:30 AM
    im gonna wait it out, and play with both once my friends get em, heh.
    09-17-2014 12:48 AM
    Pelt, can you link me to some of these reviews? Would be much appreciated.

Mich... the battery is the big one for me. I literally walk around with like 3 portable chargers everywhere I go. I am just concerned about how awkward the typing will be. While I watch some video, I sync my point and shoot camera with wifi to the phone. I just think that the trend is moving toward bigger phones as well and I would rather get used to one now.

I also don't use iPad at all.

My main second thoughts are with ease of typing. That seems to be the 6's biggest strength vs the 6 Plus.
    09-17-2014 12:52 AM
    I've also been feeling the same about going Plus Size over the 6...Better battery, camera, and the best looking screen might have me hooked though. I keep telling myself that it is going to be worth the learning curve.
    09-17-2014 12:52 AM
    Hopefully we will be singing a different tune when we get it.

I am annoyed that Otterbox doesn't have Plus cases yet though
    zachpenguin likes this.
    09-17-2014 01:00 AM
    Hopefully we will be singing a different tune when we get it.

I am annoyed that Otterbox doesn't have Plus cases yet though
    I feel ya. Don't really want otterbox, but I just ordered a $13 case from Amazon to tide me over until LifeProof gets theirs ready to go.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    Cleveland likes this.
    09-17-2014 01:04 AM
    Don't you find it weird that they aren't out yet?
    09-17-2014 01:14 AM
    Pelt, can you link me to some of these reviews? Would be much appreciated.

Mich... the battery is the big one for me. I literally walk around with like 3 portable chargers everywhere I go. I am just concerned about how awkward the typing will be. While I watch some video, I sync my point and shoot camera with wifi to the phone. I just think that the trend is moving toward bigger phones as well and I would rather get used to one now.

I also don't use iPad at all.

My main second thoughts are with ease of typing. That seems to be the 6's biggest strength vs the 6 Plus.
    This is a great review, IMO: iPhone 6 Plus review | The Verge
    09-17-2014 01:17 AM
    Just curious what reviews you're reading that made you feel like second guessing the iPhone 6 Plus? EVERY review I'm seeing has praised it, especially the camera and the landscape mode.
    JeffAces28 likes this.
    09-17-2014 01:24 AM
    Hey Sean,

Sorry for another second thoughts thread. Haha. I know there are a lot of them here.

The one that realllly got me second-guessing was this one:

iPhone 6 Review | Re/code

In a way, I almost wish I hadn't read it!
    09-17-2014 02:08 AM
    This is a great review, IMO: iPhone 6 Plus review | The Verge
    Yeah, I liked the Verge one. This is the one that had me concerned:

09-17-2014 02:09 AM
    If you don't like it, sell it for the price of the phone(people will be happy to buy it) and get an iphone 6
    09-17-2014 02:11 AM
    I think I should just stop reading reviews. I just can't help it. Part of the fun is deciding and then analyzing the pre-order decision I guess. Maybe I just like torturing myself.

Just read Mashable review. Lots of subtle shots against the Plus.

Apple iPhone 6 Plus Is a Phabulous Phablet [REVIEW]
    09-17-2014 02:19 AM
    This one is pretty good though. I like it the best so far (next to the Verge one)

iPhone 6 Plus review: bigger is beautiful - Telegraph
    09-17-2014 02:20 AM
    Yeah, I liked the Verge one. This is the one that had me concerned:

So because the guy gave praise to the 4.7" device, you're second guessing the 5.5" "Plus" model? I'm still confused as to what is triggering your remorse here...sounds to me like you really wanted the 4.7" originally, and because you're seeing positive reviews of it, you're starting to realize you should have gone with the device you actually wanted...because honestly, EVERY review I'm seeing about the iPhone 6 Plus is like 99.99999% praise.
    isuquinndog likes this.
    09-17-2014 02:40 AM
    I don't know. Maybe we are just finding different reviews. The ones I am reading almost always conclude on the 6.

Sidenote: I am horribly indecisive person in general. Been that way ever since Nintendo vs. Sega.
    09-17-2014 03:03 AM
    iPhone 6 Plus review: bigger is beautiful - Telegraph
    My wife says that to me all the time. I then ask her who she is talking about.
    jburke82 likes this.
    09-17-2014 03:24 AM
    I've checked out about maybe 8 reviews so far and from what I've read, you can't go wrong with either the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus. I've yet to read anything negative on both.
    09-17-2014 07:34 AM
    There's a bias that creeps up when you have two things to review at same time. And when some sites assign scores to their reviews, just keep in mind it's NEVER consistent.

Here's some things I'm seeing in the reviews:

1. The iphone 6 and plus have great screens. But the Plus is the best I've seen and you can't tell text has jagged lines is a common line in these reviews. Which of course implies they can on the iphone 6 but I doubt this is true in everyday usage. Retina HD? That seems redundant. Retina is HD. HD is retina (when it comes to phone size). You may as well say the 5S is retina HD?

2. Battery life can't be tested well because they didn't have them enough. It depends on usage and what you're doing. The Plus wasn't that significantly longer. You're still going to charge these things daily.

3. OIS seems to matter for just those shots in low light. Even then it's not a big deal. I wouldn't base my decision on this feature. Both are great.

4. You can expect apps to not look right or be a bit weird on the Plus for the first few months. Have to give things time.

5. The camera sticks out on both. Funny how the apple case fixes this. Almost by design? If so, it's something Apple goes to lengths to hide in promo shots.

6. The Plus is clocked faster but both have the same RAM and chip otherwise. It's too early to see what kind of impact this will have on daily usage and when iOS is updated. I'm not that concerned about the downscaling though anymore.

7. Both are portable. I was never concerned about that.

8. Neither will have the best one handed usage. That's the iphone 4/4S. Even the 5 made that slightly worse. The 6 and Plus just throw it to the wind. If I can hold the phone in one hand and still use my thumb to navigate around, then it'll be fine. Siri has been improved, and I can work around it.

9. Neither are "slightly" less than an ipad mini. It's a whole lot less. Neither will run tablet or ipad apps. The Plus will run hybrid apps and this may be the future anyways. Not all ipad apps are available in phone versions. But perhaps they'll consider a 6 Plus version.

10. One commented the mute switch on the plus kept getting turned off/on when he'd pocket it. It's a beast of a phone. But IMO, it's the phone that will make you think the money you spent was worth spending. That the experience is totally different. Personally, I usually have my 5S locked to portrait and only unlock when I need to. I'm not much for landscape viewing.

Bottom line, I'll let fate sort it out. If a Plus is in stock, I'll get one. If not, I'll grab a 6.
    jburke82 likes this.
    09-17-2014 09:20 AM
    I think some of the gripes reviewers have had with the plus has been subjective. Just because one person feels a phone is too big and it is portrayed in the way they "score" the phone doesn't necessarily mean it will make a difference to people who enjoy larger phones.

I am still just as excited, if not more so after reading reviews, to get my Plus on Friday at my doorstep. Hopefully no one feels remorse for buying the Plus after reading reviews. Should be a great phone all around.
    murtzjaffer likes this.
    09-17-2014 09:34 AM
    coming from a note 3, I have zero concerns about the size
    09-17-2014 09:35 AM
    I think the only thing concerning for me is the 1GB of ram. I'm curious how the new chip will handle multiple tabs in Safari.
    09-17-2014 10:06 AM
    I was concerned about one handed use...and then I started paying attention to how I use my 5S and realized I NEVER one hand type on it lol.
    09-17-2014 11:22 AM
33 12