SO, Apple canceled my order...

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got an email not too long ago saying that my order was canceled because of eligible issues with ATT.

The thing is that i called att right away and they said everything was fine, they didn't know why apple did that.

Next thing i do is call apple, they put me on hold for 17 minutes, they came back and said that ATT didn't call them in 24 hours to confirm that i was eligible for upgrade.

I am beyond pissed... i know it's just a phone but i can't make it any longer with this iPhone 4 i have.

The lady of apple said i was lucky if i got an iPhone 6, space gray 64 gb on friday since they have a big shortage on that one.

she offered me to pre order it but id have to wait till october.... Im like.... pissed pissed pissed!!!! but Ill go to the closest apple store and be there on friday at 1 am if i have to.

did a situation like mine happened to you as well?

Last edited:

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm very sorry to hear of your problem. That must be really annoying. What I don't understand is how you could NOT be eligible for an upgrade from an iPhone 4. A 2 year contract from a phone that was introduced in Summer-Fall of 2010? The 4s came out in 2011. AT&T sounds nuts!

I bought my 6 plus, albeit at full price with a year left on my 5S contract. They should have just charged you more for the phone - which you could have worked out later. By canceling your order, they took away many if not all of your options. Sorry!!

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm so so so sorry :(

I know at least one person had a similar issue (but it was the carrier being boneheaded, not Apple) and it sounds like you're both up s*** creek, and that sucks so bad. I hope you can get one on Friday by battling the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while anticipating my 6+ with bated breath using Tapatalk

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm very sorry to hear of your problem. That must be really annoying. What I don't understand is how you could NOT be eligible for an upgrade from an iPhone 4. A 2 year contract from a phone that was introduced in Summer-Fall of 2010? The 4s came out in 2011. AT&T sounds nuts!

I bought my 6 plus, albeit at full price with a year left on my 5S contract. They should have just charged you more for the phone - which you could have worked out later. By canceling your order, they took away many if not all of your options. Sorry!!

yes sir, they blamed att for not contacting them back in 24 hours. the lady, very nice, told me i had to wait a month!!!! A MONTH! ill call att tomorrow and they ll hear my mouth. Since neither att or apple want to take the fault, ill call att and ask for a credit on my next bill.

I guess being up late till 3 am was worthless!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that, I feel your frustration. I would be livid as well! It seems like after 7 years and 8 devices att and Apple would work better with orders. It's crap that Apple has to wait for att to confirm someone's upgrade. Att would have to send me a phone and make sure I got it, somehow. Someone should be responsible. Ask them what you're suppose to do with a phone that's barely working. You've waited all of this time to upgrade and can't wait any longer. Talk to a supervisor. I know they'll come up with more bs but I would press the issue.

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry you are getting the short end of the stick because of AT&T...may I ask what part of the "process" you were in? Like on Apple's site did it say "preparing for shipment" or anything?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry you are getting the short end of the stick because of AT&T...may I ask what part of the "process" you were in? Like on Apple's site did it say "preparing for shipment" or anything?

Preparing for shipment. I got the email around 10 pm east coast. I guess thats when my iPhone was supposed to be shipped!

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
This makes me nervous, because I ordered twice, once through at&t premier (which they didn't confirm and the website didn't even confirm) and then through apple on my iPad. Both times the NEXT upgrade processed correctly, and after the apple order confirmed at&t premier confirmed their order. After a few hours on the phone (long hold times) At&t told me they would cancel their order and that it wouldn't interfere with the Apple order...

Now, I am worried I will get that type of email whenever they get around to fully processing the order for shipment. Right now it shows it is preparing for shipment, but MyUPS and FedEx don't show any shipment or label.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
This makes me nervous, because I ordered twice, once through at&t premier (which they didn't confirm and the website didn't even confirm) and then through apple on my iPad. Both times the NEXT upgrade processed correctly, and after the apple order confirmed at&t premier confirmed their order. After a few hours on the phone (long hold times) At&t told me they would cancel their order and that it wouldn't interfere with the Apple order...

Now, I am worried I will get that type of email whenever they get around to fully processing the order for shipment. Right now it shows it is preparing for shipment, but MyUPS and FedEx don't show any shipment or label.

yea... just keep ur fingers crossed. I was excited at first bc i thought it was an email about the iPhone being shipped already. but damnnn.... i will call both, att and apple tomorrow again and see what i can do

ben182tx

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Preparing for shipment. I got the email around 10 pm east coast. I guess thats when my iPhone was supposed to be shipped!

Ahggg now I'm worried. I seem to be one of the few that can't get any info from UPS or Fedex, and I ordered a little after 3AM (due to apple site issues)...I'm going to the NEXT payment plan though, but I did get a email with my NEXT agreement paperwork...and on AT&T's site it shows I'm no longer eligible but I'm still sweating bullets over here lol

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ahggg now I'm worried. I seem to be one of the few that can't get any info from UPS or Fedex, and I ordered a little after 3AM (due to apple site issues)...I'm going to the NEXT payment plan though, but I did get a email with my NEXT agreement paperwork...and on AT&T's site it shows I'm no longer eligible but I'm still sweating bullets over here lol

You are better off than me, my upgrade eligibility still shows as being eligible.

However, I put in my order later in the day (after the app had issues communicating with at&t it reserved me an iPhone to order within 24 hours), then I had an issue with my credit card, so I am fully expecting mine to be the last one shipped out for Friday delivery (if it ships...)

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

I would call ATT and make sure they put a note on ur info, so when apple request that information they can see it. I would cal ASAP....

the guy in att told me they put a note for apple on my account so it won't happen again.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry this happened to you. I would be on the phone AT&T customer service demanding that they straighten it out.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just curious. Did you get an email from Apple with a reservation number the morning after you pre-ordered? Apple was having lots of issues getting go aheads from carriers because of system failures on Thursday night/ Friday morning.

I received an email from Apple on Friday morning with a link directing me to finish the order I made those few hours earlier to basically confirm my eligibility. They insisted it be done within 24 hours. Which was funny seeing that I paid full price anyway. I went through the steps only to get to the part where they said there was an order for that account already. I spoke to an Apple rep on Monday and they told me that email was going out to people during that time their system was having trouble getting the go-ahead from the carriers. She assured me I was fine and that my order would be ready for an in-store pickup on Friday. Are you sure you didn't get an email like that?

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious. Did you get an email from Apple with a reservation number the morning after you pre-ordered? Apple was having lots of issues getting go aheads from carriers because of system failures on Thursday night/ Friday morning.

I received an email from Apple on Friday morning with a link directing me to finish the order I made those few hours earlier to basically confirm my eligibility. They insisted it be done within 24 hours. Which was funny seeing that I paid full price anyway. I went through the steps only to get to the part where they said there was an order for that account already. I spoke to an Apple rep on Monday and they told me that email was going out to people during that time their system was having trouble getting the go-ahead from the carriers. She assured me I was fine and that my order would be ready for an in-store pickup on Friday. Are you sure you didn't get an email like that?

unfortunately, I didn't... I've been checking my email like as much as i can to see if i get something from apple. Ill call apple tomorrow and put some pressure there i guess...

it sucks i didn't get that email ! ughhhh

Justin Beatty

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
This made me really nervous. Checked my order and it still doesn't show that it has shipped. But, AT&T no longer shows that I am eligible for an upgrade, so that gives me some reassurance, I guess.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Man bummer.. sorry to hear that happened... Maybe call AT&T and ask to speak to customer relations and address the issue. If not this will happen again and again....

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
yeah this makes me nervous aswell! I ordered from the ATT store and the guy who was processing my order was a complete *****. And literally took an hour and 20 mins to place my order (no I am not exaggerating) and on to of it he kept asking for help. And that day I was charged as pending on my bank account and now all the money is back into my account. And I also asked when I should expect it to arrive and he told me the 19th and I said seriously? i heard it was on backorder and he said no you should get it... Went home and had an email expecting november 9-23rd. I am pissed. And nothing has changed on my account it has been "preparing for shipping" since friday

drknight

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

===============================================================
This is somewhat similar to your situation...

1. Ordered thru AT&T since Apple website was down (Midnight).
2. Received a last minute text on Friday evening stating that my billing to address was incorrect and since AT&T Premier was open Mon-Fri, I wasn't able to call them till Monday.
3. Finally ordered thru Apple Website (was able to get a IP6 64GB, Space Gray)
4. Following Monday morning, I was finally able to reach out to AT&T Premier and fixed the issue with my "Bill To" address.
5. Representative told me that everything processed successfully.

So, I am not sure what will happen next...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW