I have owned three iPhones since December 2011 (4S,5,5s) and I'm thinking about switching to the Galaxy Note 4, Note 5, and Note 6.

Right now I'm focused on the Note 4. It has a 4K resolution, 4K video camera, OIS, 1080p or higher option of video quality on the YouTube app, which the iPhone 5s doesn't have and maybe the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus don't have.

What do you guys think? Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus?
    09-16-2014 09:52 PM
    I have owned three iPhones since December 2011 (4S,5,5s) and I'm thinking about switching to the Galaxy Note 4, Note 5, and Note 6.

Right now I'm focused on the Note 4. It has a 4K resolution, 4K video camera, OIS, 1080p or higher option of video quality on the YouTube app, which the iPhone 5s doesn't have and maybe the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus don't have.

I will most likely prefer the 6plus, but I imagine that will be the prevailing opinion on an Apple enthusiast site. Try both out, and if the 4k resolution and 4k camera are important to you, then give it a fair shake. I personally don't have any use for a 4k display or recording in 4k. I don't watch YouTube more than I have to, and then I don't care if it's super hi-res. My needs may not be the same as yours, so my opinion may not carry much sway.
    09-16-2014 09:57 PM

KingBuick, after reading this, about 100 things raced through my mind and trust me, you really don't want to know what I think.

So I'm going to take a deep breath, spare you the tongue lashing, and simply suggest that you..get..what's..best..for..you.
    Eddster and xandrik like this.
    09-16-2014 10:02 PM
    Wouldn't use a Note if you paid for it.
    09-16-2014 10:04 PM
    I say play with both and decide then. My needs may not line up with yours - for example, I still regularly watch videos on my iPad 2 and don't care that the resolution isn't phenomenal (although next to my phone it's obviously isn't as sharp).

I figure, if you like the specs of a Note 4 AND like the OS, there's your answer. If you don't like an OS, it doesn't matter how fantastic the specs are because you'll be irritated with the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while anticipating my 6+ with bated breath using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 10:06 PM
    I have used devices from both camps, so I can share with you my opinion.

For the past 4 years or so, I have had two Android phones and one Android tablet. After I gave up on the $700 4G Android tablet and coughed up another $750 for the iPad 4, I couldn't be happier. The iOS is simply far superior than Android OS. I love the simple user-interface. In my humble opinion, Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication.

The Android vendors like to stuff the devices with tons of gimmicks. But they don't work together very well in a whole. Apple just put the whole package together much nicer and smoother.....with sophistication.

Although my ecosystem is primarily on Google (except the music which is heavily on iTune), I have found that some of the Google application actually work better on iOS devices than on Android devices.

In addition to my iPad, my other family members have iPhone 5 and I can make the comparison against my Samsung Galaxy S phones. After some extended comparison and observation, I have decided to switch to iPhone this time when I am eligible for upgrade.

If I want to take serious photos, I have a Nikon DSLR with a 16-300mm lense. And if I want to take serious video, I have a Sony camcorder with stereo microphone. The iPhone 6+ is good enough for me to take casual photos and videos.

I am saying goodbye to Android and move on. I think you should do the same. Hope this helps.
    tinktink09is likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:14 PM
    I don't know much about video recording, but if the Note has this technology that's better than the iPhone Plus, and video is super important to you, then clearly you should get the Note.
    09-16-2014 10:14 PM
    If you use the s-pen or like to multi task with multiple windows open or a QHD screen (not a 4k display) then the Note 4 is in a class by themselves. I owned the Note 1&2 and they are superb devices! I just did not need or use the s-pen or multi view. Just be aware that although it can shoot UHD (4k) video...but only for 5 or so minutes at a time due to the heat generated by the processor. I pre ordered a iPhone 6+ for my iOS device and a moto x 2014 just today as the android to replace my Nexus 5. Android will be my main platform.

edit : I just saw that you would be new to android. Just be aware that you are picking one of the devices with the most options of any device on the market. Do you like to tinker and explore? You would have 14 days to return but I think it would take longer than that to be truly comfortable with android if it is new to you. Good luck with your decision!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Last edited by planoman; 09-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    tinktink09is likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:15 PM
    Only you will know what is right for you, no one here can answer that. A few weeks ago I broke down and decided to try out an Android (the HTC One M8) on a hardware upgrade. After owning every iPhone since the 3G, I knew right away it wasn't for me. It's not a bad phone, but to me it wasn't what I wanted. I exchanged it for a 5s and I couldn't be happier. In fact I am so happy with the iPhone, I preordered a 6 plus.
    09-16-2014 10:19 PM
    You have to try them out for yourself. Take advantage of the return period. I've owned a Note 3 and while it is a very nice phone, it taught ME that specs are nice but I prefer overall user experience and that's why I came back to iPhone. My 5s has served me well but looks like my new 6 Plus will be delivered on Friday!

Good luck.
    09-16-2014 10:33 PM