When I first pre ordered the iPhone last Friday at 2:00 A.M Apple took the money from my bank account so my balance went down and I just checked a couple of minutes ago and all the money they took out is back? What does this mean? Did my purchase not go through? I checked the order status on the iPhone and it still says delivers 9/19 and preparing for shipment
    Bmichael78 likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:06 PM
    In my experience, the order is actually charged when your order is shipped. So the temporary hold your bank made may have dropped off but the charge itself will come back.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:09 PM
    Yeah. They initially put a pending charge of $1.00. This is how they verify if the card is good. Then I got fully charged for what I ordered on Sunday afternoon (I pre-ordered on Friday morning around 12:30am) and that full charge remains as pending until I pickup my phone from the Apple Store on Friday.

In the case of shipping, it will just be charged once it is shipped.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:24 PM
    My credit card shows the pending charge for the full amount ever since Monday.

Posted via iMore App
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-16-2014 07:54 PM

Posted via iMore App
    Mines used to say pending as well but now it's just gone and I have my original balance back
    09-16-2014 08:00 PM
    Mines used to say pending as well but now it's just gone and I have my original balance back
    If it's a debit card then that's normal.
    Bmichael78 likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:35 PM
    The pending charge fell off my credit card as well..not really concerned about it though
    09-16-2014 08:39 PM

Same her.

Posted via iMore App
    09-16-2014 08:42 PM
    yup
    09-16-2014 09:42 PM
    Sprint charges at the time of preorder.
    09-16-2014 10:35 PM
    T-Mobile usually only charges when the item ships but as of today mine is pending too..... So I'm not sure what to think. If it was only a hold charge it would've processed on Friday morning when I ordered, right?
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:41 PM
    T-Mobile usually only charges when the item ships but as of today mine is pending too..... So I'm not sure what to think. If it was only a hold charge it would've processed on Friday morning when I ordered, right?
    I have no idea I ordered from the apple.com store
    EmceeGeek and Bmichael78 like this.
    09-16-2014 10:44 PM
    I have no idea I ordered from the apple.com store
    Ahh.. You're fine, they're making sure it's a valid card.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:46 PM
    My debit was charged for two 6's and showed "pending" until yesterday when the pending charge disappeared and the money was shown in my bank account again. If they only charge when it ships, I hope they ship it by tomorrow or I'm not getting it by Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 10:47 PM
    Ahh.. You're fine, they're making sure it's a valid card.
    Both of us will probably get it on Friday idk I'm just becoming a little impatient it feels like anything could go wrong and cause me to not get the iPhone , I heard if you have not pre ordered the phone by now to expect it by early November, I just think that's a little crazy
    09-16-2014 10:48 PM
    Both of us will probably get it on Friday idk I'm just becoming a little impatient it feels like anything could go wrong and cause me to not get the iPhone , I heard if you have not pre ordered the phone by now to expect it by early November, I just think that's a little crazy
    It's crazy like this every year. Yet, I'm still impatient & get a bit loopy. I would hope by the end of October everything will be regulated. That's when the orders started flowing better last year.
    09-16-2014 10:51 PM
    It's crazy like this every year. Yet, I'm still impatient & get a bit loopy. I would hope by the end of October everything will be regulated. That's when the orders started flowing better last year.
    This is my first pre order I think next year I'm going to go camp out or something it just sounds a bit better and more exciting haha
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:53 PM
    Sprint has never charged my preorders until it is about to ship.. This is my third preorder with Sprint, it has always been the same for me. Sprint has always put my preorders as pending, after a few days it changes from pending to charged. In the past preorders for myself, this charge has appeared when the device is preparing to ship . That's what how I usually gage my device, is getting ready to ship. Lol.. It has been correct the last 2 preorders .. Lol I realized after my first preorder this was a better way to predict shipping than wait for the elusive tracking number from Sprint. Heck, for my 5 preorder, I didn't get a tracking number from Sprint until 500 am the launch delivery day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:58 PM
    I've been charged for the Apple Care and the tax on my Next payment plan. I'm taking that as a positive sign of delivery soon. *fingers crossed*
    09-16-2014 11:08 PM
    Sprint has never charged my preorders until it is about to ship.. This is my third preorder with Sprint, it has always been the same for me. Sprint has always put my preorders as pending, after a few days it changes from pending to charged. In the past preorders for myself, this charge has appeared when the device is preparing to ship . That's what how I usually gage my device, is getting ready to ship. Lol.. It has been correct the last 2 preorders .. Lol I realized after my first preorder this was a better way to predict shipping than wait for the elusive tracking number from Sprint. Heck, for my 5 preorder, I didn't get a tracking number from Sprint until 500 am the launch delivery day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I pre-ordered on the 12th and it posted on the 15th. Their website also says they charge your account at the time of pre-order.
    09-16-2014 11:08 PM
    09-16-2014 11:10 PM
    Mine says "pending" for the full amount. I assume it will go through when I get the email that tells me my phone is on the truck on its way to the store.
    09-16-2014 11:17 PM
    All of this depends on your card company (even debit) and the merchant bank used to process your payments. Usually any order or pre Oder is authorized at the first step. Even if it says $1, it has gotten authorization from the bank to submit the full charge. Most companies put the full charge amount as a "pending charge". I think they have 30 days to submit the final charge. Pending charges can disappear from your online statement in as little as 3 days. Sometimes they stay pending as long as 30. When a company decides that it is time (usually when you receive the merchandise) the pending charge goes a full charge and is put as a real debit in your card.

So if people are seeing charges disappear, they are just seeing the authorization disappear. The charge is still there, and will return when whoever you made the purchase from wants their money. In eCommerce, it is proper form to run the full charge when the customer gets their goods. Some companies jump the gun and charge you early. It's still legit.

I don't expect anyone will see their full charge appear on their statement until Friday. Maybe Thursday.
    09-16-2014 11:23 PM
    I think it too depends on if your having your phone shipped to you as apposed to picking it up in the store. When I called Apple to verify my order they said I pay for it when I pick it up on the 19th.
    09-16-2014 11:35 PM
    Yeah - that's what I heard and it's giving me hope!!!! I'm new to Tmobile and I'm a Jump customer. I pre-ordered Friday evening but my card didn't get charged until last night... I hope that's a good sign!?!

TechieChick
    09-17-2014 03:01 PM
33 12