AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple ships well, ATT doesn't. And 6 day shipping after a 1.5 weight. Really att??

I have submitted a number of responses about how crazy it is to have preordered my 128gb SG on 9/12 from AT&T and get a Preparing To Ship from day one with a delivery between 11/09-11/27???
But I have come to the conclusion we are directing our frustration at the wrong party.
If Devices ordered through Apple after our order date through AT&T are being delivered to Apple customers it is obvious APPLE IS THE ONE WE SHOULD BE ANGRY AT.
They produce the phones and controls the distribution of the phones. The next time I am near a Apple Store I am going to express my displeasure on how they are handling their preorder program.
If you Agree with the above, do the same that I will be doing on my next visit to a Apple Store.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have submitted a number of responses about how crazy it is to have preordered my 128gb SG on 9/12 from AT&T and get a Preparing To Ship from day one with a delivery between 11/09-11/27???
But I have come to the conclusion we are directing our frustration at the wrong party.
If Devices ordered through Apple after our order date through AT&T are being delivered to Apple customers it is obvious APPLE IS THE ONE WE SHOULD BE ANGRY AT.
They produce the phones and controls the distribution of the phones. The next time I am near a Apple Store I am going to express my displeasure on how they are handling their preorder program.
If you Agree with the above, do the same that I will be doing on my next visit to a Apple Store.

See and I feel that it's att who is at fault. They are the ones that are at fault with how they ship their phones out (fully out of order). Yes I do believe Apple is not giving them enough phones. However I also believe when I was chatting with att and apple one day both of them told me that att had to 'order' phones from Apple. That same att lady is also the only one to let att take the full blame. And yes the AT&T lady blamed AT&T not Apple. So I put much more blame on AT&T then I do Apple.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Apple ships well, ATT doesn't. And 6 day shipping after a 1.5 weight. Really att??

I noticed this, too. My phone left Fort Worth, went to DFW airport, went to Mesquite, TX, back to DFW airport and back to Mesquite, TX so far. The final destination will be in Maryland. They actually have to try to make this delivery take six days, even with ground.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

The entire situation is a mess. If you would have told me when I preordered my 128 SG on the 12th on September that I would still have no device by the end of October I would never have believed it. I was under the impression I would have my order filled slightly after the release date which was a week later. I guess the joke was on me. This preorder has definitely been mismanaged to say the least. The only positive thing is that our dates are approaching so we should see something soon.

Kevin Webb2

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Received my iPhone 6 on September 19th and decided I wanted a Plus instead. Returned my 6 and placed My Plus order on the 26th of September (silver 128gb). The phone is out for delivery today 10/28. Original shipping estimate was 11/3.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this, too. My phone left Fort Worth, went to DFW airport, went to Mesquite, TX, back to DFW airport and back to Mesquite, TX so far. The final destination will be in Maryland. They actually have to try to make this delivery take six days, even with ground.

Of course. I didn't get my delivery date until late Sunday night and it was 10/29. Is got to Dallas Texas Friday night and just sat there for a few days. It's currently sitting in Kentucky right now.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The entire situation is a mess. If you would have told me when I preordered my 128 SG on the 12th on September that I would still have no device by the end of October I would never have believed it. I was under the impression I would have my order filled slightly after the release date which was a week later. I guess the joke was on me. This preorder has definitely been mismanaged to say the least. The only positive thing is that our dates are approaching so we should see something soon.

That's okay when I ordered my phone the second I saw my dates I asked about them and the guy said 'oh those dates are HIGHLY over exaggerated and you should receive it within about 4 weeks'. So don't feel bad. Had I known it was going to take 7 weeks I would have cancelled and ordered with Apple asap

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
That's okay when I ordered my phone the second I saw my dates I asked about them and the guy said 'oh those dates are HIGHLY over exaggerated and you should receive it within about 4 weeks'. So don't feel bad. Had I known it was going to take 7 weeks I would have cancelled and ordered with Apple asap

It's not so much that I feel bad it's more to do with the fact that I have lost faith in AT&T and in Apple to a much lesser extent. This should never happen. The goal should be to fill the preorders first. I don't understand what part of the word "pre-order" is not understood? Fragmenting the sales chain makes no sense especially when purchasing under the guise of preorder.

Aside from this, when I finally receive my phone after two months give or take, it's just not worth as much to me as it was when it was brand spanking new. Because 10 months later I will be purchasing the much faster rendition of the same phone with 2gb of RAM.... In essence, the longer I must wait the less the phone is worth to me.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not so much that I feel bad it's more to do with the fact that I have lost faith in AT&T and in Apple to a much lesser extent. This should never happen. The goal should be to fill the preorders first. I don't understand what part of the word "pre-order" is not understood? Fragmenting the sales chain makes no sense especially when purchasing under the guise of preorder.

Aside from this, when I finally receive my phone after two months give or take, it's just not worth as much to me as it was when it was brand spanking new. Because 10 months later I will be purchasing the much faster rendition of the same phone with 2gb of RAM.... In essence, the longer I must wait the less the phone is worth to me.

I do know what you mean. I swear they just took every order (including pre orders) and just mashed them together and sent them out randomly to be honest. but I do have to say that AT&T is fully to blame with the completely out of order crap. But I think Apple should have also gotten more phone out knowing full well that AT&T was selling the most all together and not kept most of them to themselves.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I do know what you mean. I swear they just took every order (including pre orders) and just mashed them together and sent them out randomly to be honest. but I do have to say that AT&T is fully to blame with the completely out of order crap. But I think Apple should have also gotten more phone out knowing full well that AT&T was selling the most all together and not kept most of them to themselves.

Gold, Silver, Space Gray....? They're the same phone..!!! Doesn't anybody notice this???? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I ordered the 128 GB Space Gray iPhone 6 plus on the 12th. While others ordered afterwards similar configuration phones or the same exact one and have received them already. And I'll be a monkeys uncle if AT&T is going to ruin this for me...

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Gold, Silver, Space Gray....? They're the same phone..!!! Doesn't anybody notice this???? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I ordered the 128 GB Space Gray iPhone 6 plus on the 12th. While others ordered afterwards similar configuration phones or the same exact one and have received them already. And I'll be a monkeys uncle if AT&T is going to ruin this for me...

I totally agree. But don't yell at me for finally getting my phone! Honest! I ordered mine on 9/12. Honestly!

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on finally receiving it Kiwi!!! Sooooo....is it everything we've hopes and waited for?????

I don't have it yet. But it's suppose to be at my door between 12-4 pm tomorrow (of course it would be the one day I work 8:30-5 grrrr you work). Lol that's okay. I've been able to play with my mom's so it really awesome. I keep wanting to steal hers. Lol

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have it yet. But it's suppose to be at my door between 12-4 pm tomorrow (of course it would be the one day I work 8:30-5 grrrr you work). Lol that's okay. I've been able to play with my mom's so it really awesome. I keep wanting to steal hers. Lol

Oh, ok. Might have to call in sick!