AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha I stopped by my local AT&T store today while I was at the mall and just pretended to be interested in the 6plus and asked how long it would take me to get it and the guy told me it would take about 3 weeks from today but if I wanted the 128gb that I would get it much sooner because it was in much less demand! I left the store laughing! It really is just laughable at this point!

Omg I so would have busted out laughing! Right now more then half of the people that entered their info on the spreadsheet is at a 128 gb! That or they forget to get the preorders out.... Hm... I don't like that one...

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they really know what to say at this point. It may be best not to call or inquire anymore. It's just going to add more frustration.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

I know I have basically given up. I've gotten no where with anyone. I figured I've waited 6 weeks already. What another 2-3.5 left to go now? I'm well over the half way point so why bother?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know I have basically given up. I've gotten no where with anyone. I figured I've waited 6 weeks already. What another 2-3.5 left to go now? I'm well over the half way point so why bother?
I feel your pain. I can't wait until all of this is over for you guys.

DebMordecai

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So, today I gave up on AT&T. I checked my order status at the AT&T store where I placed my order on 9/12 and was told nothing different about my status, EXCEPT I was told, "At least your order wasn't one that was cancelled." Seriously? Consequently, I cancelled my AT&T order (which was quite the effort - they forgot to remove the "Next" plan at the same time which kept my eligibility from resetting for awhile, necessitating another call from me to find out what was going on) and placed a new order for the same phone through Apple. Will I get this phone sooner? Maybe a little. But I'm dealing with a possible 7 day range instead of 11/9 to 11/27. I placed the order over the phone through Apple sales support, and at the end of the process was given the sales reps direct number as well as other customer service number in case I have any questions in the interim. AT&T could take some lessons.

alexmooncross

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So, today I gave up on AT&T. I checked my order status at the AT&T store where I placed my order on 9/12 and was told nothing different about my status, EXCEPT I was told, "At least your order wasn't one that was cancelled." Seriously? Consequently, I cancelled my AT&T order (which was quite the effort - they forgot to remove the "Next" plan at the same time which kept my eligibility from resetting for awhile, necessitating another call from me to find out what was going on) and placed a new order for the same phone through Apple. Will I get this phone sooner? Maybe a little. But I'm dealing with a possible 7 day range instead of 11/9 to 11/27. I placed the order over the phone through Apple sales support, and at the end of the process was given the sales reps direct number as well as other customer service number in case I have any questions in the interim. AT&T could take some lessons.

Were you able to keep the ATT next plan when you ordered it through Apple?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to think that me ordering the iPhone 6 Plus through AT&T was just a figment of my imagination. I don't think that it really happened. Lol. One day I'm going to get a package at my office and it is going to be the iPhone 6 Plus and it will feel like someone just delivered a unicorn.

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to feel like DOCTORDWAYNE.
I am most likely the oldest (75) that is on the spreadsheet.
I am starting to believe that not getting my iPhone 6plus is another benefit I am losing in my Medicare supplement due to changes required by Obamacare. (i.e., 75, the age where you are no longer a benefit to society)😡

They can take away many benefits but they can't take away "my sense of humor" and the enjoyment of using all the features on our iPhones.
I use mine for everything, news,calendar, financial, texting, emails, photos,videos and keeping abreast of new features that show up on iMore.
And, you all know I have enjoyed this particular forum.
I will try to keep a positive attitude until I no longer buy green bananas. 😋

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think that me ordering the iPhone 6 Plus through AT&T was just a figment of my imagination. I don't think that it really happened. Lol. One day I'm going to get a package at my office and it is going to be the iPhone 6 Plus and it will feel like someone just delivered a unicorn.

They do exist! They do exist!

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I am beginning to feel like DOCTORDWAYNE.
I am most likely the oldest (75) that is on the spreadsheet.
I am starting to believe that not getting my iPhone 6plus is another benefit I am losing in my Medicare supplement due to changes required by Obamacare. (i.e., 75, the age where you are no longer a benefit to society)😡

They can take away many benefits but they can't take away "my sense of humor" and the enjoyment of using all the features on our iPhones.
I use mine for everything, news,calendar, financial, texting, emails, photos,videos and keeping abreast of new features that show up on iMore.
And, you all know I have enjoyed this particular forum.
I will try to keep a positive attitude until I no longer buy green bananas. 😋

I don't believe the iPhone 6 plus even exists.

I agree with you Obamacare is some strange joke.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi fellow AT&T'ers!

I had been under the impression that AT&T did not allow cancellations of pre-orders/orders whatsoever. But now I am reading that some of you had successfully canceled your orders and found phones at Apple Stores (congrats! :) ) and others had been given the option to cancel but declined.

First of all, I'm just curious, how many people on here tried to cancel their order and were told they couldn't by AT&T reps? (Most of you, I think?)

Secondly, I know that a lot of you who pre-ordered from AT&T on 9/12 did so because Apple's site was down for a couple of hours after it was supposed to be active at midnight. So you guys decided to try AT&T and were able to place your orders. But then, some of you received confirmation emails with ship dates up to two months out. I've seen posts with December 5 as their end range! That being the case, may I respectfully ask why those of you who COULD cancel didn't just do so if you were displeased with your ship dates?

The longest expected ship dates from Apple have been only 7-10 days for the 6 and 3-4 weeks for the 6+. And for those who live near and can get to an Apple Store, there have been continuous (albeit irregular) shipments to Apple Stores for both the 6 and 6 plus, so ordering for personal pickup is also an option.

My husband and I ordered from Apple.com on 9/22 (we will never order from AT&T!) and received a 3-4 week estimated ship date for two 6+ 128 Space Gray units. We were fine with it since we waited until three days after launch to place our orders (we were originally going to wait until they were readily available in stores because we wanted to buy them outright but the online sites didn't give us the option to pay full retail). We then noticed that people were finding phones in stores that week so we tried our luck that way by visiting a couple of stores but were told that the best way to secure a phone was to line up before the stores opened. Well, we didn't have the time to do that so we looked into personal pickups and tried checking the sites throughout the day and especially after hours (midnight-ish) and found our phones that way at around 11:30 pm. Saw that one was available one evening, bought it, picked it up the next day. Canceled the first Apple order. Did the same five days later with the second phone. And a lot of stores would have phones, for approximately five minutes...then they would be gone. We did have to juggle a third line's eligibility for each transaction and then had to deal with said third line getting deactivated each time thus requiring a new sim card each time, but it was easily remedied and then expected the second time. These little inconveniences were worth it. We both have our phones. :)

Last edited:

Tamie Fleming

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if its best to just order from Apple or to wait it out with AT&T? I am really pissed with AT&T I preordered my iphone 6 plus in September with an early November ship date well the credit card I used to preorder the phone with was one that was com premised by the home depot hackers. When I went to update my credit card info with new card was told I could not that I had to cancel my order and replace the order well when I did that It pushed my ship date to the end of November. I pitch a ***** but was told there was nothing they could do but thanks for my business. I just want my iphone I already sold my old phone and trying to wait it out with old iphone 4 but it is way to slow. Thanks for any help

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if its best to just order from Apple or to wait it out with AT&T? I am really pissed with AT&T I preordered my iphone 6 plus in September with an early November ship date well the credit card I used to preorder the phone with was one that was com premised by the home depot hackers. When I went to update my credit card info with new card was told I could not that I had to cancel my order and replace the order well when I did that It pushed my ship date to the end of November. I pitch a ***** but was told there was nothing they could do but thanks for my business. I just want my iphone I already sold my old phone and trying to wait it out with old iphone 4 but it is way to slow. Thanks for any help

Hi and welcome to iMore, that does stink about your card being hacked. It's hard to say weather going to an Apple store will be any quicker. You could stop by there to check it out, but the 6+ are in demand. good luck.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
AT&T lost a customer because of this.
TBH, it's turning out to be a blessing in disguise!
Verizon's LTE is much faster in our area, most of the time their UPLOAD is faster than ATT's download speeds!
My first phone (then called CellularOne) with them was the famous Motorola StarTac. Got that back in the 90s.
CellularOne became Cingular then ATT as we know it today. That's 16+ years as a customer. Oh well, as we say in our business, ship happens!

Stunstudio

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Mines been preparing to ship since I ordered Thursday night. Yet I have a shipping date of 10/13-10/22. My wifes iphone 6 is still preparing to ship as well. Doubt it will even be here friday. Looks more and more like att screwed this up. My parents and friends on Verizon already have tracking numbers.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Mines been preparing to ship since I ordered Thursday night. Yet I have a shipping date of 10/13-10/22. My wifes iphone 6 is still preparing to ship as well. Doubt it will even be here friday. Looks more and more like att screwed this up. My parents and friends on Verizon already have tracking numbers.

What phone did you order? Because those dates are so not fair!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR