AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If I don't like the note 4, I can just return it within the 14 day window and continue to wait for my iPhone 6 Plus. If I get the plus while within the 14 day window, I can compare the two and make a choice. Or if I like the Note 4, I can just return the plus when it arrives. I won't be stuck paying for two lines.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

Cool. Glad you got your Note so quickly too! :)

I was just thinking that those who are waiting could, assuming they live near an Apple Store and also assuming that they are successful in locating a phone, purchase it by adding a new line then return the ordered phone once it finally arrives. But it IS a hassle for those who have existing accounts with AT&T especially if the phones are shipping way after the 14-day window.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Cool. Glad you got your Note so quickly too! :)

I was just thinking that those who are waiting could, assuming they live near an Apple Store and also assuming that they are successful in locating a phone, purchase it by adding a new line then return the ordered phone once it finally arrives. But it IS a hassle for those who have existing accounts with AT&T especially if the phones are shipping way after the 14-day window.
The 14 days doesn't start until the item is shipped. I confirmed this with AT&T.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The 14 days doesn't start until the item is shipped. I confirmed this with AT&T.

I meant 14 days after they purchased the additional phone by opening up a new line. ;)

I would hope the 14 day window on the shipped phone wouldn't start until the phone has been received!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I meant 14 days after they purchased the additional phone by opening up a new line. ;)

I would hope the 14 day window on the shipped phone wouldn't start until the phone has been received!
Lol. That would have made sense, but I was told 14 days after it has shipped.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Then again, AT&T "tells" everyone a lot of things! 😜 LOL!
That is true. Very good point. Funny thing is, I have never really had any issues with AT&T until I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. Even when I preordered my Note 4, I ordered it on on the 14th and had it in my hand on launch day on the 17th. That transaction was an awesome experience. And my previous experiences with them have been just as positive. This iPhone 6 business is just goofy.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
But, you have gotten several different answers from AT&T at this point. How do you know which one is actually correct? They have told you everything except that yours was in a box that fell off the back of the truck and was destroyed.

When someone doesn't respond well to the truth, people will start lying just to get him or her off the phone/out of the store/off the chat. I've seen this happen in retail stores that I have worked in. If we told the customer the truth (which was sometimes "we don't know"), some customers would become irate. One rep would make up a story that sounded believable, tell it to the customer, the customer would then calm down and leave. Was it right? No, but neither was the customer's reaction to the truth.

At the end of the day, we don't have our phones. Hearing 20 different stories as to the reason why certainly doesn't make it better.

That's the thing. I don't know. I still don't know why my phone says so many things. The person never gave me a true explanation as to why it's both been waiting to ship in the next group for 6 weeks and also that att doesn't have possession of it.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol. That would have made sense, but I was told 14 days after it has shipped.

You all are talking about two different things. LVMHGirl is saying that it would be a hassle to buy the Note 4 on October 17th, then return it by October 30th if your iPhone 6 Plus doesn't ship until November 7th.

My other concern for you is that if you decide to keep your Note 4 and return the iPhone 6 Plus, the line that you ordered the Note 4 on would have to remain active and you would lose the phone number on the line that you had before (the one that the iPhone was ordered on).

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You all are talking about two different things. LVMHGirl is saying that it would be a hassle to buy the Note 4 on October 17th, then return it by October 30th if your iPhone 6 Plus doesn't ship until November 7th.

My other concern for you is that if you decide to keep your Note 4 and return the iPhone 6 Plus, the line that you ordered the Note 4 on would have to remain active and you would lose the phone number on the line that you had before (the one that the iPhone was ordered on).
If my iPhone hasn't shipped by my return window for the Note then it looks like I'm not keeping the iPhone. The iPhone was on a new line as well. one new line will be cancelled and the other will remain open.

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well Kiwi......I canceled my order early this morning thru the chat feature. There was no hassle......she just did it. My eligibility was immediately brought back. So I called Apple and just ordered the same phone-----gold,64 gb,6+ I receive it next month,but a little before AT&T's timeline,and she said I could get it sooner.......but she couldn't guarantee it. I also got Applecare+. I'm happy.......I went to the source.I will continue to come here and see if you got your phone,and others on here.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Well Kiwi......I canceled my order early this morning thru the chat feature. There was no hassle......she just did it. My eligibility was immediately brought back. So I called Apple and just ordered the same phone-----gold,64 gb,6+ I receive it next month,but a little before AT&T's timeline,and she said I could get it sooner.......but she couldn't guarantee it. I also got Applecare+. I'm happy.......I went to the source.I will continue to come here and see if you got your phone,and others on here.

Glad you could cancel it. I'm keeping an eye on Apple Store and see if it's is available there and see what I can do. I'm afraid to cancel it.

catisch

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Went to an ATT store and asked why the website said preparing to ship and.. I was then interrupted by the sales rep. She said that means it is going to ship any day now. I said, no it has been that way since 9/12. And the 877 number says back ordered why is that different than the website? She had no clue. I feel like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed B***S***

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't cancel if I wanted to. Since I bought an iPhone 6 and its past the 14 days. Although I am thinking about selling my MacBook Air since I won a retina. And trade in this 6 for a plus. If my order doesn't come by the first week of the expected delivery date

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't cancel if I wanted to. Since I bought an iPhone 6 and its past the 14 days. Although I am thinking about selling my MacBook Air since I won a retina. And trade in this 6 for a plus. If my order doesn't come by the first week of the expected delivery date

Oh so not fair! I've always wanted a MacBook.

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Went to an ATT store and asked why the website said preparing to ship and.. I was then interrupted by the sales rep. She said that means it is going to ship any day now. I said, no it has been that way since 9/12. And the 877 number says back ordered why is that different than the website? She had no clue. I feel like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed B***S***

If this says anything, I've been getting the exact same answer as well. I have the same problem, online says pending calling says backordered. I ask them why and everyone I ask can't figure it out either. even my guy I ordered with doesn't know why either. So, it's not so much bs that you are getting on that. They are two EXTREMELY different status's. Backorder is that AT&T doesn't have it in their possession and preparing means it's suppose to go out in the next group to be sent out. The only thing I can think of is hat maybe it is actually both. AT&T DOESN"T have it yet but it's suppose to go out in the next group from Apple? I dunno but that wouldn't explain why it's been like that for 6 weeks now.

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you reconcile this third one I also get with the other two???
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413678970.055994.jpg

I am going to miss this forum once I get my shipment.
Just in case I am still not alive when it finally gets here I have included who gets it in my will. ( I am 75 years young).

Dream Lester

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha I stopped by my local AT&T store today while I was at the mall and just pretended to be interested in the 6plus and asked how long it would take me to get it and the guy told me it would take about 3 weeks from today but if I wanted the 128gb that I would get it much sooner because it was in much less demand! I left the store laughing! It really is just laughable at this point!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha I stopped by my local AT&T store today while I was at the mall and just pretended to be interested in the 6plus and asked how long it would take me to get it and the guy told me it would take about 3 weeks from today but if I wanted the 128gb that I would get it much sooner because it was in much less demand! I left the store laughing! It really is just laughable at this point!
I don't think they really know what to say at this point. It may be best not to call or inquire anymore. It's just going to add more frustration.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR