AT&T STATUS UPDATES - iPhone 6 PLUS only

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder who is actually more to blame, AT&T or Apple??

I put the blame on Apple and NOT AT&T. Apple has the control over the inventory, mfg process and what colors, configurations etc that are built. They underestimated the demand for the 6+ just like they over estimated the demand for the plastic POS 5C they made. Face it Apple biffed this one big time and will push stock to their stores over the carriers every time.

Fortunately my 9-18 order shipped and is on its way and I called into AT&T tonight to ask a question about my order and the rep would SHUT UP and let me ask a very simple question. I wanted to know when will AT&T actually charge my card for the phone shipment since they shipped it without actually charging me. Seems pretty simple, but she kept going on about lead times and the ship dates are estimates etc,. I finally had to say please let me ask my question since my phone is already shipped.

Dream Lester

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Originally my phone was ordered back on 9-18 and was scheduled to ship between 10-30 to 11-10 well today I got an email saying my order had shipped and will arrive on Tuesday, kinda sucks it shipped on a Friday so I have to wait until Tuesday but still its on its way.

Mine was a 128GB Gold AT&T 6+ so for those waiting, things are looking up.

I'm happy for you but ticked because I should have my phone in my hand!

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I put the blame on Apple and NOT AT&T. Apple has the control over the inventory, mfg process and what colors, configurations etc that are built. They underestimated the demand for the 6+ just like they over estimated the demand for the plastic POS 5C they made. Face it Apple biffed this one big time and will push stock to their stores over the carriers every time.

Fortunately my 9-18 order shipped and is on its way and I called into AT&T tonight to ask a question about my order and the rep would SHUT UP and let me ask a very simple question. I wanted to know when will AT&T actually charge my card for the phone shipment since they shipped it without actually charging me. Seems pretty simple, but she kept going on about lead times and the ship dates are estimates etc,. I finally had to say please let me ask my question since my phone is already shipped.

It will probably show up the next business day. When I got my iPhone 4 in 2010, I had my phone in hand before my card was charged. The iPhone 4 shipped right before a holiday weekend (4th of July), so there was some lag in the charge hitting my bank account. Trust me, I know the "pain" of a phone shipping then taking almost a week to get to you because of a weekend and a holiday!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

This whole thing is weird. My card was charged immediately.

catisch

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I order the exact phone on the 12th I got dates 11/9 - 11/27 and it is back order. It just doesn't make sense. Glad you are getting yours. Have fun.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
**** them off big time and they'll ask you if you would rather cancel then keep your order.
Ha. That's the thing. I try to be nice to them no matter what. I really feel those guys have a thankless job. It's not their fault I don't have my phone. I can't imagine being them and not really having any answers for people because the company they work for hasn't supplied them with the information they need to answer those questions concerning mistakes that said company has made. It has to be torture for them.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

kiwiskittles852

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Ha. That's the thing. I try to be nice to them no matter what. I really feel those guys have a thankless job. It's not their fault I don't have my phone. I can't imagine being them and not really having any answers for people because the company they work for hasn't supplied them with the information they need to answer those questions concerning mistakes that said company has made. It has to be torture for them.

They do actually have some answers. And with me it took pissing off the person to get anything other then 'we have trying to get them all out as soon as possible' or not are shipping them out in the order they are ordered'. Which I found out is wrong.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish that they would give me the option to cancel. I would cancel my order in a heartbeat.

Exactly. I think that's one of the main issues for most of the people still waiting - that they can't cancel and that their accounts are tied to that order.

Doctor Dwayne, did you have to pay full retail for your Note 4? Just curious how they handled that since your iPhone order is still active.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I think that's one of the main issues for most of the people still waiting - that they can't cancel and that their accounts are tied to that order.

Doctor Dwayne, did you have to pay full retail for your Note 4? Just curious how they handled that since your iPhone order is still active.
I just added a line with the intention of returning the phone that I didn't want.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking that was the other option but what happens if the iPhone on order doesn't get here in 14 days? I hope you won't be stuck keeping and paying for both lines? Again, just curious because you had an existing number/account with AT&T.

[When this happened to us way back with the 4S (rep lied and promised us phones in hand on launch day if we pre-ordered with him in store the week prior and AT&T refused to let us cancel the pre-orders after we got the emails with our much-later ship dates) we were brand new to AT&T (and iPhone) and ordered the phone on new contracts with temp numbers anyway so when we found iPhones available elsewhere on launch day, we went into the store and threatened to walk and just cancel the order when they arrived, two phones "magically" appeared in stock for us and they had us open two additional new contracts/numbers on our account.

When the original order for the first phones arrived (luckily we had them sent to the store so there were no additional issues), we had to go in as if we were picking them up, acknowledge receipt and then they opened the boxes to activate the phones (strange, I know) and then turned around and processed the return and cancellations of those contracts. (Again, these were temp numbers so the activation and cancellations didn't affect anything.)

It was only after all the orders and cancellations were sorted and the charges were refunded on our credit cards that we ported our numbers to our iPhones and cancelled our service with our old carrier.]
If I don't like the note 4, I can just return it within the 14 day window and continue to wait for my iPhone 6 Plus. If I get the plus while within the 14 day window, I can compare the two and make a choice. Or if I like the Note 4, I can just return the plus when it arrives. I won't be stuck paying for two lines.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
They do actually have some answers. And with me it took pissing off the person to get anything other then 'we have trying to get them all out as soon as possible' or not are shipping them out in the order they are ordered'. Which I found out is wrong.

But, you have gotten several different answers from AT&T at this point. How do you know which one is actually correct? They have told you everything except that yours was in a box that fell off the back of the truck and was destroyed.

When someone doesn't respond well to the truth, people will start lying just to get him or her off the phone/out of the store/off the chat. I've seen this happen in retail stores that I have worked in. If we told the customer the truth (which was sometimes "we don't know"), some customers would become irate. One rep would make up a story that sounded believable, tell it to the customer, the customer would then calm down and leave. Was it right? No, but neither was the customer's reaction to the truth.

At the end of the day, we don't have our phones. Hearing 20 different stories as to the reason why certainly doesn't make it better.