How will a screen protector work with the rounded edges?

macness

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
With the new rounded edges on the 6 and 6+ how will the screen protectors work well and stay on long term? The only reason I use screen protectors in the first place is so the oleophobic coating doesn't wear off.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
With the new rounded edges on the 6 and 6+ how will the screen protectors work well and stay on long term? The only reason I use screen protectors in the first place is so the oleophobic coating doesn't wear off.

The glass does not round off until the very edge where it meets the sides. My guess is that like many screen protectors today, they willl stop just short of the bend. I don't foresee any issue with longevity or fit due to this.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting a Zagg Glass screen protector, and there's simply no way a piece of glass can flex to cover the curved glass. It'll just cover the flat top. I'd guess that's how the normal screen protectors will work too.

macness

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough. I just feel that the rounded edges will be more susceptible to peeling. Do you find the glass screen protectors better and why?

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm very curious about this as well. I'm wondering if the ZAGG HD shield would wrap around...but then I'd have to downgrade from the Glass shield I have now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods