• NO, it's just right!

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • MEH, I'm not sure yet...

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit, I'm still on the fence regarding the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. I will pick one up sooner or later, but I'm undecided on which model to choose. The iPhone 6 does seem like an almost perfect size, however... real estate is precious, and doing what I do around here at iMore and Mobile Nations, having that extra large display would really come in handy.

So... thought I'd toss this out to everyone... is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG? Go ahead and cast your vote!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think this would be a far more genuine and accurate poll if held AFTER people get it in their hands. Right now, I'd have to vote "I don't know" because I really don't! I'm taking a chance on the bigger device to see how it fits into my day to day grind. Here's hoping though!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think this would be a far more genuine and accurate poll if held AFTER people get it in their hands. Right now, I'd have to vote "I don't know" because I really don't! I'm taking a chance on the bigger device to see how it fits into my day to day grind. Here's hoping though!

I agree. Have to get my hands on the 6 and 6 Plus before I can make a choice. Just searching for overall opinions at this point!

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am going to get the 6+ because it will give me the screen size that is necessary when reading, playing games, filling and signing documents, watching videos. I checked a store in the mall that had sellable cases for the 6 and the 6+. I was able to see that the 6+ with it's size and capabilities is just right for me. I am going to get mine sometime after the initial rush so I can get my 128gb white/silver 6+.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't size a device with my hands, I size it with my eyes. Because my eyesight sucks big, greasy platypus balls. So when I had the Note 3, I just used 2 hands and I had no issues. (Although I could use it one handed, it just wasn't very comfortable). I could see what was on my screen even without my reading glasses on. Now I have a Q10 and I must have my glasses on or I can't operate my phone or see anything on the screen.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I have asked the same question to myself. I printed the Paper Version that came out last week and from those (because the paper iP6 is so creditable LOL) it felt like the 4.7 wasn't big enough honestly, just a slight improvement in screen size, I mean its great that the phone is thinner right...? but the 5.5 felt pretty good in my hand, the only problem i have is it is taller than the Note 3. I need hand-on time with the 5.5.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure as I don't have it yet, but I think it'll be fine. The commonality that I found in nearly all of the "hands-on" videos was that even though it's big, it still feels great in the hand.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Paper dummies of the phone is okay, but the only way your going to find out if its the right size for you is to go to the apple store and hold one of the demo units yourself. If it feels good and you can use the device with ease, then its for you.s

Likewise, if you feel that its too big for you to handle & to function properly, then its probably not for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish only one size had been made. An in between size like 5.1". But I, too, need to have them in my hand. My only issue with the 5.5" is pocketability. I use 2 hands regardless of size.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to come to the conclusion that it's too big for my use of a phone. However, I like that there is a choice for those that want one.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree about only one size should have been made. With regards to hand use - it depends on the situation(where I am and what I'm doing). I always use holsters in order to protect the screen from damage from things in pocket and for easy access.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I voted its just the right size based on specs ... It's ONLY 3 inches wide (3.06) the 5S is 2.31 inches wide ...3/4 of an inch wider isn't THAT much, and with accesibility and all the iPad like iOS split screen features I was sold ... And prior to that I was dead set against going with 6 plus (before the keynote) once I watched it on th 12th ... I knew I had a hard decision to make lol

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Paper dummies of the phone is okay, but the only way your going to find out if its the right size for you is to go to the apple store and hold one of the demo units yourself. If it feels good and you can use the device with ease, then its for you.s

Likewise, if you feel that its too big for you to handle & to function properly, then its probably not for you.
Pre-orders for the 6 Plus appear to be strong, but how many of those who have ordered one have actually seen and handled one?
For a current iPhone owner the jump to a 5.5" screen (just marginally smaller than a Samsung Galaxy Note 4) is a big one. A screen that big would be amazing, but how many will change their minds when they actually unbox their new 6 Plus phone?

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
The 6+ allows me to consider an iPhone. I won't be getting one, too expensive, and I am very satisfied with my Note 3.
But I welcome all my Apple friends to the sheer joy of a large screen device. You will love it!

Posted via the Android iMore App!

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Note 1+2, Xperia Z2, G3, OnePlus One and they all fit in my front pocket (forget the tight jeans). Definitely not one handed devices, but not too big. Once you get used to them they are great. I had no issues knowing how big the iPhone 6+ will be. Just what I wanted.

TheSparta

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
based on the dimensions, i think its going to be in between note 3 or note 4 and Lumia 1520.

height of entire phone
iPhone 6 Plus - 158.1mm
Note 3 - 151.2mm
Lumia 1520 - 162.8 mm

So if you have looked at note 3 or 1520, you will have a idea how big its going to be.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I received my case a few days ago. That's when I knew that the size would be ok. Any bigger and it would be TOO big. Fits just right in my shorts pockets. Jeans, idk. But living where I do, I wear shorts most of the time.

BTW - I'm coming from an HTC One (M7). The 6 Plus is definitely bigger, but I've been accustomed to bigger phones than the previous iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative