• NO, it's just right!

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • MEH, I'm not sure yet...

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of us have known and loved the Galaxy Note 1/2/3. For those people, they can confidently say that the Plus is a good size for them.

For the rest of us, we have no idea... :/

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I look at it like this:

What do you use it for? Do you PRIMARILY use your phone as a phone, or as a multimedia / text based communication device? And if you primarily use your phone as a phone, do you use a hands-free or bluetooth headset?

Pocketability is a big factor, but unless you have your jeans painted on you before you leave the house you should most likely be able to fit it in a pocket without too much issue unless you are very petite. So that can take that question off the table.

I don't like holding a brick up to my face to have a conversation so that would be my questioning factor - the 6+ is pretty big feeling (if you're unaccustomed) when held up to your ear to speak on the phone. If you use a headset, that takes that question off of the table as well.

Then it comes down to one hand use to two hand use. I myself use my phone 2 handed 95% of the time regardless of size. That started back in my blackberry days, too. It's more comfortable for me to type with both thumbs. I use it one handed to:

1. unlock my phone (both the swipe and 4 digit code is one handed)
2. check an app that requires no interaction - something that only takes a couple taps like checking the weather or opening an email.

I'm also fairly proficient with either hand so if something is slightly out of reach with my left hand, I can toss the phone to my right hand to reach it. So to me, that kind of takes that question off of the table.

I'm really, really interested in the 6+ battery more than any other factor out there. There is something to be said about the significantly better battery, and as much as I'm on my phone all the time, that's what's really tipping me towards the 6+

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a good idea of the size because I have already received a Spigen (supposedly slim) case from Amazon. Yes, it is too big, but that is the point of it. It is a hybrid of a phone and tablet. I made the personal decision that anything the size of a 5/5S is too small. I am "older", and your eyesight does get worse. It was either bring reading glasses everywhere to use my phone, or get an old-fashioned "dumb phone." I usually wear my phone on my belt, and if I do with the 6 plus, I will look like a clown. But it beats carrying around a mini all the time (in addition to your phone).

Either way, I found the 5/5s way too small, the 6 (std) is still too small. So I paid full list price to upgrade to something usable. I've seen so many people trying to use a 5S for data purposes, and the miss way too much - even with good eyesight. I guess this is progress - unavoidable for many of us.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I look at it like this:

Pocketability is a big factor, but unless you have your jeans painted on you before you leave the house you should most likely be able to fit it in a pocket without too much issue unless you are very petite. So that can take that question off the table.

I don't like holding a brick up to my face to have a conversation so that would be my questioning factor - the 6+ is pretty big feeling (if you're unaccustomed) when held up to your ear to speak on the phone. If you use a headset, that takes that question off of the table as well.

A Bluetooth headset does very little if you use it while driving other than prevent you from getting a ticket. Times are changing and we have to change with it. If you need to use the screen for more than dialing, bigger is better. I have had so many people read my emails to them on a smaller phone. They don't really take in what was written. It's become such a problem, that I now start the email with "Don't read this on your phone." Back 25 years ago, we carried cell phones much bigger and bulkier than the 6 plus. Now that mobile data has come into being, we will have to go back to what we did in 1990 - though the 6 plus is not monstrous. Gee, I'm the only geezer here and people much younger than me are resisting change! Change happens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not concerned about the size of the iPhone 6 Plus that I plan to purchase in the very near future. I will simply adjust to it and enjoy it like i have the other iPhones I've owned before it...:)

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have a little concern for the size of the device, but as pointed out, many of us use the phones for things other than as a phone. I type emails, texts, surf the web, etc. It is used as a phone probably less than 10%, and even then I usually use a headset of some type. So, I'm relatively confident that the plus will work for me (otherwise, I would have gone for the non-plussed variant). So, things change (my eyesight being one of them), and hopefully we can adapt.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
If you're buying the Iphone 6 Plus because you want that tablet sized phone then you will adjust. I used a galaxy note 2 as my daily driver for a year. It's roughly the same size as a Iphone 6 plus will be. I adjusted and love the size of that screen. Videos and reading was awesome. Only reason I got rid of it was because I like the iphones itunes integration. That's something no android phone I've seen so far can match.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't size a device with my hands, I size it with my eyes. Because my eyesight sucks big, greasy platypus balls. So when I had the Note 3, I just used 2 hands and I had no issues. (Although I could use it one handed, it just wasn't very comfortable). I could see what was on my screen even without my reading glasses on. Now I have a Q10 and I must have my glasses on or I can't operate my phone or see anything on the screen.

Your second sentence just won the internet. Congratulations!! LMAO!!

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm legally blind. I'm so happy about the plus. it saved me from having to switch to android. the galaxy note 4 would have been my next phone had apple not relented on this issue. I'm tired of having to squint and struggle to read text on my phone.

now I'll have the OS I love in a screen size I can read comfortably. and given how fast this thing is selling I'd say its just right.

if it doesn't fit my pocket, and I think it will fit just fine, but if it doesn't. I'll buy a holster or fanny pack or whatever I need. because now I can read my phone without zoom or siri having to come to my rescue, or having to dig out reading glasses.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As I've said in other posts (blah blah blah, broken record etc :) ) I had a Note 3 at 5.7" and I still have an HTC One at 4.7". The HTC is absolutely the sweet spot for me and the Note was far too big. I can say with absolute confidence that the 6+ will be far too big for me too hence having no hesitation in getting the 4.7" iPhone 6.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. I have to hold both phones in my hand and see how they feel.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

sdchris

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I was already checking out the LG G3 prior to thinking about switching to a 6+. I was actually kind of shocked when I saw how much bigger the 6+ is compared to the G3. It's almost .5 taller. I'm starting to consider buying a used 5s once everyone here gets their new iphones.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
And... I chose the 6, lol.
I did because I made a cardboard cut out to scale, of both models, shoved the 6 plus in my pocket and suddenly I was carrying an ironing board. It's possible that I will change my mind after I get my phone, I have 2 weeks to decide, but I would be surprised.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Honestly this question is already worn out, and you're lucky someone doesn't punch you in the throat for asking it. ;)
With Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia , and finally now Apple having smashing success with large phones it's easy to say the tables have turned, with todays question being "Is anything less than the iPhone 6 plus TOO SMALL?" and how much longer can we expect to see sub 5 inch screens? ...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly this question is already worn out, and you're lucky someone doesn't punch you in the throat for asking it. ;)
With Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia , and finally now Apple having smashing success with large phones it's easy to say the tables have turned, with todays question being "Is anything less than the iPhone 6 plus TOO SMALL?" and how much longer can we expect to see sub 5 inch screens? ...

I'll leave this here.

Cell Phone in an Art Gallery - YouTube

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I voted "NO", but I'm not sure about the "just right" comment. It really depends on what I need to do with my smartphone at the moment. I also have a Note3 and while the screen size is excellent for reading emails and viewing videos and/or movies, I find the size of my 5s is perfect for everything else that I need to do in the "real world" everyday use. My 5s is easily my go to device when excercising, making phone calls, out and about or just carrying around a communication device. I'm still on the fence on which new iPhone 6 would best fit my needs and wants. I really have to see the iPhone6/6+ in person to make a final decision.