View Poll Results: Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, it's too big!

9 16.67%
  • NO, it's just right!

25 46.30%
  • MEH, I'm not sure yet...

20 37.04%
    Had to go with the "Not sure yet" option. I really like the size of the s5 and wish that Apple had gone that route, but if they had gone to a 5.1 from the 3.5, I probably would have thought it was too big. Time will only tell.
    09-16-2014 05:36 PM
    I believe that they should have reduced the bezels considerably. The 6+ is bigger than a Note 4, although the 6+ has a smaller screen.
    That's what the iPhone 7 will be. Its the Apple circle of life.

Seriously though, I went the Android route this pat year with the HTC One M7. It still is the best all around Android phone I have ever owned and just happens to be nearly the exact same dimensions as the 6. I lusted after a larger screen and then went to the GS5. I liked the bigger screen but the build and UI just couldn't;t hack it for me. From there I went to a LG G3. This was nearly a great device. Had they made that phone a 1080p and reduced the lag, it would have been great. The form factor for a 5.5" screen is what I hoped for from Apple. Finally during this same time, I got an invite from the OnePlus folks and ordered their 5.5" phone. From the day I got it I struggle with its size and ultimately sold it and went back to the G3. When I was able to compare dimensions of the 6+ and the OnePlus and saw the 6+ was taller and as wide, I knew then and there I would have to stick with the 6. The kicker for me was going into an AT&T store and holding the Note 3 and then the 6+ cases they had. I really really want the larger screen and better battery but I just cannot make the leap to a phone that large. I guess I will use my iPad Air more.
    09-16-2014 07:56 PM
    DAMMMMMMMMMMN this phone is BIG! IPhone 6 plus apple leather case next to an iPad air in an apple leather case.

I took the case out and I have to say it fits in the hand nicely. Its not edgy like the galaxy note 3 cases.

I'm going to love this phone!!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?-3249.jpg  
    09-16-2014 08:12 PM
    DAMMMMMMMMMMN this phone is BIG! IPhone 6 plus apple leather case next to an iPad air in an apple leather case.

I took the case out and I have to say it fits in the hand nicely. Its not edgy like the galaxy note 3 cases.

I'm going to love this phone!!

The picture that made me laugh out loud at the massive-ness of the phone is one of a cardboard cut-out 6+ with a 5S sitting on top of it. The phone is ludicrously big.

I'm excited. Wasn't sure if I'd want a phablet but I think it'll be just fine.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 08:19 PM
    The picture that made me laugh out loud at the massive-ness of the phone is one of a cardboard cut-out 6+ with a 5S sitting on top of it. The phone is ludicrously big.

I'm excited. Wasn't sure if I'd want a phablet but I think it'll be just fine.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah me too. Had a note 3 and I liked the size just hated the hardware and laggggg of the android touchwiz OS.

I always said the perfect phone (to me) is an iPhablet. This be it!

09-16-2014 08:44 PM
    For me, yes it's too big.
    09-16-2014 08:53 PM
    found these on a review
    Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?-iphone_6_note-3-630.jpg
    iphone 6+ vs Galaxy Note. Iphone a bit bigger.
    Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?-iphone_6_family-7-630.jpg
    Iphone family picture
    6+,6, 5s, 4s

I'll be going from a 4s to a 6 whenever i decide to buy one so that's plenty of screen size for me.
    rnd0209, LCW and Not Quite Right like this.
    09-17-2014 05:35 AM
    found these on a review
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone_6_Note-3-630.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	64944
    iphone 6+ vs Galaxy Note. Iphone a bit bigger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone_6_family-7-630.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	64945
    Iphone family picture
    6+,6, 5s, 4s

I'll be going from a 4s to a 6 whenever i decide to buy one so that's plenty of screen size for me.
    Good pics here man. Thanks!
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    09-17-2014 06:17 AM
    I had to answer Too Big but that's only after thinking what it would be like with an Otterbox case. After much flip flopping, I went for the iPhone 6 for that reason alone, really. I dropped my SGIII and shattered the screen on *the one day* that I carried it without a case. Had the phone for three years and *ON ONE DAY* that I carried it without a case I drop it and shatter the screen. So, I will never absolutely never carry my iPhone without an Otterbox.

By the time I put a case on it, the 5.5 device will be ginormous.

That's the reason I personally went for the iPhone 6. However, not everyone has my small hands and not everyone will absolutely and without question carry the device in an Otterbox. So my answer is specific to me and my use case.
    09-17-2014 08:43 AM
    IPhone 5c with case and iPhone 6 plus apple leather case.

Attached Thumbnails Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?-3252.jpg   Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?-3251.jpg  
    09-17-2014 08:53 AM
    I put an otterbox on a 5 for my sister before. I remember thinking at the time, there's no freaking way I could ever use this. Way too bulky. I don't think she lasted a month with it before begging me to take it back.

I can only imagine what one would look like on the 6 Plus. That's crazy.
    09-17-2014 09:29 AM
    It's big. The iPhone 6+ might hardly fit in my pocket.
    09-17-2014 10:23 AM
    I did the big phone thing... no thanks. The bezels on the iphone a far to big for the 6+. It is as if the size of the screen doesn't justify the extra bulk at all. Ill stick with the 6. 4.7 is an optimal size for myself.
    09-17-2014 12:46 PM
    No I think it's an excellent size phone. The good thing about it is once people start buying it, people will become more accustomed to big phones. Means less people will stop telling me how big my 1520 is 'cause it gets old fast.

(still won't compete on battery life or memory capacity!)
    09-17-2014 06:49 PM
    After receiving the Spigen Tough Armor case today for the woman's 6+ to arrive (my case ships tomorrow) I can't believe and THIN it's going to be with a case on it.... I can't wait for a lifeproof to be released, yes it's a BIG phone... but it feels good in your hand (or the case does) and this point... I can't wait to see the real thing before mine ships next week.. *sighs* ahhh the hurry up and wait process lol
    09-17-2014 07:02 PM
    I think this would be a far more genuine and accurate poll if held AFTER people get it in their hands. Right now, I'd have to vote "I don't know" because I really don't! I'm taking a chance on the bigger device to see how it fits into my day to day grind. Here's hoping though!
    Was thinking the same thing. Most reviewers say it's about the size of a note 3. I used to have a note 3 and thought the size worked well for me.
    09-17-2014 10:03 PM
66 123