View Poll Results: Is the iPhone 6 Plus TOO BIG?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, it's too big!

9 16.67%
  • NO, it's just right!

25 46.30%
  • MEH, I'm not sure yet...

20 37.04%
    I have a little concern for the size of the device, but as pointed out, many of us use the phones for things other than as a phone. I type emails, texts, surf the web, etc. It is used as a phone probably less than 10%, and even then I usually use a headset of some type. So, I'm relatively confident that the plus will work for me (otherwise, I would have gone for the non-plussed variant). So, things change (my eyesight being one of them), and hopefully we can adapt.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-15-2014 06:54 PM
    where is the "its too small" choice!
    EX Note user here. bigger the better. bring it on!
    09-15-2014 07:14 PM
    If you're buying the Iphone 6 Plus because you want that tablet sized phone then you will adjust. I used a galaxy note 2 as my daily driver for a year. It's roughly the same size as a Iphone 6 plus will be. I adjusted and love the size of that screen. Videos and reading was awesome. Only reason I got rid of it was because I like the iphones itunes integration. That's something no android phone I've seen so far can match.
    09-15-2014 08:15 PM
    I don't size a device with my hands, I size it with my eyes. Because my eyesight sucks big, greasy platypus balls. So when I had the Note 3, I just used 2 hands and I had no issues. (Although I could use it one handed, it just wasn't very comfortable). I could see what was on my screen even without my reading glasses on. Now I have a Q10 and I must have my glasses on or I can't operate my phone or see anything on the screen.
    Your second sentence just won the internet. Congratulations!! LMAO!!
    09-15-2014 08:18 PM
    Are you holding out for a 7 inch screen?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-15-2014 08:20 PM
    Then why aren't you using an Xperia Z Ultra? 6.4" phablet.
    09-15-2014 08:22 PM
    Are you holding out for a 7 inch screen?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I never hold out. Got my gold 6+ on pre order and if the 6+S is larger I'm ALL IN
    09-15-2014 08:24 PM
    I'm legally blind. I'm so happy about the plus. it saved me from having to switch to android. the galaxy note 4 would have been my next phone had apple not relented on this issue. I'm tired of having to squint and struggle to read text on my phone.

now I'll have the OS I love in a screen size I can read comfortably. and given how fast this thing is selling I'd say its just right.

if it doesn't fit my pocket, and I think it will fit just fine, but if it doesn't. I'll buy a holster or fanny pack or whatever I need. because now I can read my phone without zoom or siri having to come to my rescue, or having to dig out reading glasses.
    09-16-2014 08:21 AM
    As I've said in other posts (blah blah blah, broken record etc ) I had a Note 3 at 5.7" and I still have an HTC One at 4.7". The HTC is absolutely the sweet spot for me and the Note was far too big. I can say with absolute confidence that the 6+ will be far too big for me too hence having no hesitation in getting the 4.7" iPhone 6.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:35 AM
    I don't know. I have to hold both phones in my hand and see how they feel.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 11:00 AM
    I was already checking out the LG G3 prior to thinking about switching to a 6+. I was actually kind of shocked when I saw how much bigger the 6+ is compared to the G3. It's almost .5 taller. I'm starting to consider buying a used 5s once everyone here gets their new iphones.
    09-16-2014 11:48 AM
    And... I chose the 6, lol.
    I did because I made a cardboard cut out to scale, of both models, shoved the 6 plus in my pocket and suddenly I was carrying an ironing board. It's possible that I will change my mind after I get my phone, I have 2 weeks to decide, but I would be surprised.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-16-2014 12:03 PM
    Honestly this question is already worn out, and you're lucky someone doesn't punch you in the throat for asking it.
    With Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia , and finally now Apple having smashing success with large phones it's easy to say the tables have turned, with todays question being "Is anything less than the iPhone 6 plus TOO SMALL?" and how much longer can we expect to see sub 5 inch screens? ...
    substring likes this.
    09-16-2014 12:07 PM
    Honestly this question is already worn out, and you're lucky someone doesn't punch you in the throat for asking it.
    With Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia , and finally now Apple having smashing success with large phones it's easy to say the tables have turned, with todays question being "Is anything less than the iPhone 6 plus TOO SMALL?" and how much longer can we expect to see sub 5 inch screens? ...
    I'll leave this here.

09-16-2014 12:27 PM
    I voted "NO", but I'm not sure about the "just right" comment. It really depends on what I need to do with my smartphone at the moment. I also have a Note3 and while the screen size is excellent for reading emails and viewing videos and/or movies, I find the size of my 5s is perfect for everything else that I need to do in the "real world" everyday use. My 5s is easily my go to device when excercising, making phone calls, out and about or just carrying around a communication device. I'm still on the fence on which new iPhone 6 would best fit my needs and wants. I really have to see the iPhone6/6+ in person to make a final decision.
    09-16-2014 12:54 PM
    I initially wanted the regular 6 since I have an iPad air and tend to take many trips and do a lot of exploration. Having a giant device can get in the way of this. However when the specs were shown it was clear to me that the 6+ will have more staying power due to the scree resolution, battery life and camera. I would imagine at some point they may update the 6 to similar specs??? Can someone say iPhone 6S? Anyway I just did not want to be so far below the curve. Of course I may live to regret this decisions....
    09-16-2014 01:15 PM
    The screen size is perfect. 5.5"-5.7" is the sweet spot IMO. The bezel is unfortunately too big and I think that will direct some users to the iPhone 6 and will limit the users switching from Android phones in the phablet size range.
    09-16-2014 01:51 PM
    It is definitely tall as f***. There is no doubt about that.
    iJuan likes this.
    09-16-2014 01:54 PM
    The size is perfect for me as I used to have a note 3 and didn't find it obtrusive. I'm still undecided on if I am going to get it though because my phone plan will raise by about 45 dollars a month (for a worse plan). But IMO its a great size for reading books, texting, and maybe gaming if you're into that.
    09-16-2014 01:59 PM
    Received the case for my wife's Iphone 6 today and seeing how little difference there is in size compared to my 5s I am thrilled I preordered the 6+.
    iJuan likes this.
    09-16-2014 02:08 PM
    I'm so happy Apple made the 6 Plus, it's definitely big, but i love it and I'm glad I got it :-)
    Will go nicely with my iPad Air :-)
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-16-2014 02:15 PM
    The 6 Plus is too big for this guy.

Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-16-2014 02:29 PM
    I can guarantee it will be just like when apple introduced the gold iPhone and everyone went eeeewww gross, but when they became available everyone was like OMG! I can't find one. Now come the 19th all the naysayers are gonna be like OMG! I can't find a 6+ ...
    09-16-2014 02:33 PM
    I believe that they should have reduced the bezels considerably. The 6+ is bigger than a Note 4, although the 6+ has a smaller screen.
    09-16-2014 03:24 PM
    It's slightly wider than the note 3 or and taller.... if so, then it may be too big for my liking, but I still want it.
    09-16-2014 03:35 PM
66 123