I'm seriously about to start an auction...because man oh man, I'd be more than happy to wake up early and go snag another one from an Apple store for this kind of profit!

Check out this one...still has 2 hours left on it, LOL!

Apple iPhone 6 Plus Latest Model 5 5" 128 GB Gold Unlocked | eBay
    09-15-2014 01:33 AM
    Yea, thats bit crazy.
    09-15-2014 01:37 AM
    I bought mine with the intention of keeping it, but seeing the outrageous prices, thinking about selling it for a quick profit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 01:38 AM
    Anything less than $200 profit, to me, is kind of a waste of time because after you figure in time wasted going and getting in line to get another one, gas to get there and whatever else, you start seeing less and less value in that profit. When we're talking $400-$700 in profit, jeeeeebus...lol!

I just put an auction up that runs through release day (5 day auction) with a $1,500 "Buy It Now" price. eBay and PayPal fees are about $150 or so, so figure $1,350 all said and done. $450 profit over an unlocked version with tax aint too shabby!
    09-15-2014 01:43 AM
    Anything less than $200 profit, to me, is kind of a waste of time because after you figure in time wasted going and getting in line to get another one, gas to get there and whatever else, you start seeing less and less value in that profit. When we're talking $400-$700 in profit, jeeeeebus...lol!

I just put an auction up that runs through release day (5 day auction) with a $1,500 "Buy It Now" price. eBay and PayPal fees are about $150 or so, so figure $1,350 all said and done. $450 profit over an unlocked version with tax aint too shabby!
    I know you paid full price so I guess that iphone is unlocked right?? I was confused because I heard that at launch all iphones are supposedly locked to the at&t, sprint etc...
    09-15-2014 02:03 AM
    I know you paid full price so I guess that iphone is unlocked right?? I was confused because I heard that at launch all iphones are supposedly locked to the at&t, sprint etc...
    The devices purchased at full retail can easily be unlocked if they come carrier locked (by simply requesting it online)...and many people are probably going with the Tmobile or Verizon pre-unlocked versions.
    09-15-2014 02:43 AM
    Oh ok. I dont know why I thought you were on AT&T..... if mine wasn't on contract I'd probably do the same. Good luck
    09-15-2014 10:49 AM
    Sounds like a master plan! if you decide to go that route, I d love to hear the feed back. Good luck.
    09-15-2014 10:57 AM
    My CL (yours probably too) is full of people wanting obscene amounts too. Most people on CL are cheap azz mofos so I don't know how many of these fools actually get their inflated amounts. eBay seems to be the better option if you are trying to make a little something.
    09-15-2014 11:01 AM
    This is why i ordered a couple other 6 Pluses in hopes I get them earlier than the expected ship date. Because I can rely on the stupidity of the human race to profit off of it.
    09-15-2014 11:08 AM
    I would never sell my 6+ on craigslist... Good way to get robbed! Too much money for random face to face encounters.

09-15-2014 11:29 AM
    I would never sell my 6+ on craigslist... Good way to get robbed! Too much money for random face to face encounters.

If you are smart about it then you can make the chances of getting robbed almost non existent. High value items I sell at my local PD lobby. I have only had one person refuse to meet me there and for I know he had a warrant out or something and wasnt going to rob me. Who knows. Every one else has been really cool about it. Once in a while if I get a feel for the person I will meet at a Starbucks.

People who get robbed are stupid about it, meet at gas stations or even their own homes.
    09-15-2014 11:34 AM
    If you are smart about it then you can make the chances of getting robbed almost non existent. High value items I sell at my local PD lobby. I have only had one person refuse to meet me there and for I know he had a warrant out or something and wasnt going to rob me. Who knows. Every one else has been really cool about it. Once in a while if I get a feel for the person I will meet at a Starbucks.

People who get robbed are stupid about it, meet at gas stations or even their own homes.
    That is a good idea to meet @ the police dept. they don't say anything about you making business transactions in their lobby?

09-15-2014 11:37 AM
    Oh ok. I dont know why I thought you were on AT&T..... if mine wasn't on contract I'd probably do the same. Good luck
    Oh you were right, I do have AT&T. I put in my auction "AT&T unsubsidized model bought at full retail price. Will need to contact AT&T upon receipt to request unlock." I noticed that several people had used the same phrase in their auctions, and it seemed clear and concise for the future buyer.

And given the amount of AT&T users out there, it may very well end up in the hands of someone who doesn't even really care about the unlock. Many of the $1,000+ iPhone's are locked models too, lol!
    09-15-2014 11:39 AM
    That is a good idea to meet @ the police dept. they don't say anything about you making business transactions in their lobby?

Nope. So it doesnt look fishy I tell the counter person (sometimes it's not an officer) that I am selling something on Craigslist and the value is high and want to be safe about it. I will even show them the ad. My local station has always been nice about it. I don't see why they would have a problem with it since I am trying to be safe about it.
    09-15-2014 11:41 AM

What can they say? You pay for the building and for their paychecks with your tax money.

Personally though, I prefer to meet at a carrier store...lots of people around, and cameras everywhere.
    09-15-2014 11:42 AM

Take a loaded gun with you. Problem solved.
    09-15-2014 12:43 PM