Settle an argument, please

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Best of all possible luck to them. Really. It was my platform once. I wish them and their users the best.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

unbreakablej

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
How about attaching email attachments straight while replying to an email? Even hub attachments. I'm remembered having to jump through a million hoops just to do that on my mum's iPhone.

Flash in browser?

Download any mp3 file and listen to it straight from ur phone? I remembered what a nightmare it was to simply download a ring tone for my mum's iPhone.

File manager, your own computer as a cloud. Maybe it is just me but I'm really not interested in uploading my stuff to something like icloud. And it is difficult to turn off too.

Picture password. No more awkward turning your phone away when unlocking for your friends.

Customisable quick settings. Profiles including meeting mood.

Other under the hood features such as better reception, battery life.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
How about attaching email attachments straight while replying to an email? Even hub attachments. I'm remembered having to jump through a million hoops just to do that on my mum's iPhone.
Tons of apps for this, moot point.

Flash in browser?
lol flash

Download any mp3 file and listen to it straight from ur phone? I remembered what a nightmare it was to simply download a ring tone for my mum's iPhone.
Again, tons of apps capable of this.

File manager, your own computer as a cloud. Maybe it is just me but I'm really not interested in uploading my stuff to something like icloud. And it is difficult to turn off too.
File manager: useless on a phone IMO, but fixed with iOS 8 now anyway, so a moot point
iCloud difficult to turn off: not sure if serious...

Picture password. No more awkward turning your phone away when unlocking for your friends.
TouchID. Much more usable, impossible to guess.

Huh?

Not unless you're talking about Z30, which is inferior in so many other categories it doesn't even matter.

Has the defense squad been summoned?

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Flash in browser?

View attachment 64829

Attachments in an email from an iPhone are easily done as shown here.

Why do I need flash again ????? Nothing I want to see is inaccessible on any site anywhere.

I use iTunes for my music, TV shows, podcasts, movies. No need to keep them in my device either. Use as desired and return them to the cloud.

File manager is iCloud. Nothing easier. No fuss. Backed up as needed.

I unlock via my thumb print. If you're going to tell me that someone can cut off my thumb or put my thumbprint on my device while I sleep I've got bigger problems to deal with. And we can go all crazy and talk about how you can be tortured into giving away your picture password. I mean we can go into increasingly bizarre and overly dramatic what ifs. Fact is, iTouch is not an issue in most people's lives.

OK customisable quick settings is cool. But the only thing I need to do quickly is silence. And that's on the side of the phone.

My reception is fine, no problems at all.

My battery life is fine. On a par with my Q10 and much better than my wall hugging Z10.

View attachment 64831

So.....there is nothing I've lost in moving permanently to iPhone and much I've gained.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
No, that would be way too expensive: When I got my free Q10, it had to be with a 2 year contract... Back in May. I shudder at the thought of what it would cost me to get an iPhone off contract.

About $649 + tax for the basic model. And over $1K for the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB version:)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Two questions and sorry for threadjacking:)
1. What happens to the 64 GB iPhone 5S on September 20th?
2. What actually happened to the Red Lumia 1520?

The 5s will be kept until I decide what to do. I've got two family members who are rocking 4s devices and I'm thinking they might take good care of this baby.
The red Lumia 1520 is wonderful and purring along.
View attachment 64837

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
About $649 + tax for the basic model. And over $1K for the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB version:)

I'm out of the running anyway: I called Apple, they said that because I'm on contract already with Verizon and not due to upgrade, Apple is not allowed to sell me a phone off contract unless they create a new account and add a new line. I don't want to do that.
If I go through Verizon, I could do it, but right now their delivery date isn't until november 4th.
I might be able to walk into a Verizon store, but there's no guarantee they'd have the 128GB and I need that.
If I were to switch, it would have to be the Plus because one of my biggest issues with the Q10 is that my closeup eyesight is poor and I can't see what's on my screen.

So I think I have no choice but to wait at the moment. I will probably go play with one soon, it would give me a better idea as to whether or not it would suit my needs anyway.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't let one thread on a forum sway you in any direction.
Take your time and think thoroughly.
Me? Best move I ever made was to finally, once and for all, choose the best device for me and stopped being loyal to a company that no longer worked to satisfy me as a consumer.

unbreakablej

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Tons of apps for this, moot point.

lol flash

Again, tons of apps capable of this.

File manager: useless on a phone IMO, but fixed with iOS 8 now anyway, so a moot point
iCloud difficult to turn off: not sure if serious...

TouchID. Much more usable, impossible to guess.

Huh?

Not unless you're talking about Z30, which is inferior in so many other categories it doesn't even matter.

Has the defense squad been summoned?

Ha. No. You on the other hand needs to stop being so defensive and disagreeable. Since OP was asking, Im just saying.

As to your comments, apps apps apps. I prefer my stuff in-built, and not having to try out a million apps to find the right thing for me. And I hate being tied down to iTunes. When I hear my iPhone welding friends complaint about their emails - over the simplest stuff - it amazes me.

There are many things I respect about Apple (yes I even supported my mum's decision to get her iPhone 4s) but it is not perfect and not for everyone. For example, I really have no idea how people live with the virtual home button after the physical one breaks down, which is pretty often. I have an iPad and even with such a big screen to move that damn thing around it drove me nuts. I guess it doesn't matter to full time fans like you as you probably change your phone with each incremental upgrade but seriously to people like me who prefers to hold on to their devices a lot longer, that is a major flaw.

The last time I tried to use email on my iPad (well, granted it must have been years since I opened up that app so maybe that has changed) it took me ages to even find out how I can delete the email. If I remember correctly, it was a button called 'Edit' which totally didn't make sense to me.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ha. No. You on the other hand needs to stop being so defensive and disagreeable. Since OP was asking, Im just saying.

Defensive and disagreeable? Nothing of the sort. Just countering your extremely weak and inaccurate "points".

As to your comments, apps apps apps. I prefer my stuff in-built, and not having to try out a million apps to find the right thing for me. And I hate being tied down to iTunes. When I hear my iPhone welding friends complaint about their emails - over the simplest stuff - it amazes me.
Yes, we've all heard the story about the things that Blackberry can do out of the box, which also happens to be the limit of its usefulness thanks to having the worst ecosystem out there. Not needing apps is an excuse used by those who have no access to apps. Apps extend the functionality of the device far beyond what you get out of the box. Do you buy a Playstation just to browse around the system menus? Do you buy a power drill just to use the 4 generic bits it comes with? No, you buy these things for their basic functions as well as their extended functionality.

Never heard a complaint about iPhone email that couldn't be easily rectified either, Blackberry's old advantage there is gone with the removal of BIS.

There are many things I respect about Apple (yes I even supported my mum's decision to get her iPhone 4s) but it is not perfect and not for everyone.
Nor is any solution. However it seems to be the best choice for a ton more people than the platform you're attempting to peddle.

For example, I really have no idea how people live with the virtual home button after the physical one breaks down, which is pretty often.
What a silly statement. I've never heard of a failed home button, and while I'm sure you can Google up all sorts of things, it won't be any more than a random sample of the same hardware failures that all devices suffer.

I have an iPad and even with such a big screen to move that damn thing around it drove me nuts
The fact that you're talking about an iPad and neglecting the fact that there are multitasking gestures that don't need the accessibility "virtual" home button shows your extreme lack of knowledge of iOS. It's a really basic feature, you should look into it.

The last time I tried to use email on my iPad (well, granted it must have been years since I opened up that app so maybe that has changed) it took me ages to even find out how I can delete the email. If I remember correctly, it was a button called 'Edit' which totally didn't make sense to me.
Now you sound like one of those "silly" people who complain about how hard BB10s gestures are to learn :rolleyes:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I know, right? :/

I tried using my Q10 all afternoon long without my glasses on and now I have a headache. Not too smart, but I wanted to see if I could. My contact list looks like a pineapple exploded in the middle of a triple carbon copy phone book. My calendar isn't talking to anyone, it's behaving like an antisocial loner. The browser is Bing, I'm not too happy with that one but it does connect really fast.

But I love my keyboard. Then again, it may be because I can't see it so I can type by feel on this one.
I love the Hub.

Uh oh.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm out of the running anyway: I called Apple, they said that because I'm on contract already with Verizon and not due to upgrade, Apple is not allowed to sell me a phone off contract unless they create a new account and add a new line. I don't want to do that.
If I go through Verizon, I could do it, but right now their delivery date isn't until november 4th.
I might be able to walk into a Verizon store, but there's no guarantee they'd have the 128GB and I need that.
If I were to switch, it would have to be the Plus because one of my biggest issues with the Q10 is that my closeup eyesight is poor and I can't see what's on my screen.

So I think I have no choice but to wait at the moment. I will probably go play with one soon, it would give me a better idea as to whether or not it would suit my needs anyway.

Rather than pay full price, could you call Verizon and terminate your contract by paying the ETF yet still keep your number/service? Then get the iPhone with the subsidy? Might actually be cheaper than buying the iPhone outright. Not that I'm trying to sway you either way. If the Q10 is currently working for you other than the sight thing, you have time to think about whether you want to take the plunge or not.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm slowly figuring out that the Q10 might not be working all that well after all. I mean, sure, if I need the apps, I pull out my iPad (which I don't always have with me) or I turn on the hotspot on the Q10 to use my iTouch (which I don't always have with me either), the contact list makes my eyes glaze over just looking at it...

Even though there are clearly things I love about the Q10, it seems that I am putting up with certain shortcomings from it that I wouldn't tolerate in other phones.

I still need to think about it, and even if I do decide to switch, I won't be getting it for at least a few weeks, I don't think... Since the shipping dates are now weeks away and I don't anticipate the stores (Apple or Verizon) will have it in stock very soon. But if I've learned one thing throughout all this phone hopping I've done over the years, it's to keep an open mind because believe me: I never thought I'd even consider switching back to iPhone, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73