Settle an argument, please

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm very fond on my Blackberry Q10.
My friend hates her Samsung, has decided to upgrade to iPhone 6 Plus as soon as possible.

Other than Apply Pay, what can she do with an iPhone 6 Plus that I can't already do with my Q10?

Please keep this civil, it's all good natured, but frankly, now I'm curious. I haven't kept up with iPhone since I got my Q10, I only know Apple stuff in connection to my iPad and Macbook.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My friend hates her Samsung, has decided to upgrade to iPhone 6 Plus as soon as possible.

Other than Apply Pay, what can she do with an iPhone 6 Plus that I can't already do with my Q10?

Please keep this civil, it's all good natured, but frankly, now I'm curious. I haven't kept up with iPhone since I got my Q10, I only know Apple stuff in connection to my iPad and Macbook.

Off the top of my head?
Walk into any Apple store for any issues with my device and walk out of the store with a brand new device.
Get any app I want, supported, from my platform's App Store without grabbing APKs or old and unsupported off shore dodgy third party stores or Amazon and putting them on my device without the app developer's consent.
Putting my phone on a table without worrying about it rebooting.
No double typed letters.
Download/delete media from the cloud on the go from my device.
Purchase media on my device and have it populate through all my devices, instantaneously.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

She'll have access to an ecosystem that is alive and well, and over a million high quality apps. Just to name two features.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Off the top of my head?
Walk into any Apple store for any issues with my device and walk out of the store with a brand new device.

REALLY? I feel like the ugly step child, LOL: Back in my old iPhone days (iPhone 3 GS, 4, 4S, and 5) I never got that: I was given a million solutions that didn't work and I then I was told I needed to BUY a new phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
REALLY? I feel like the ugly step child, LOL: Back in my old iPhone days (iPhone 3 GS, 4, 4S, and 5) I never got that: I was given a million solutions that didn't work and I then I was told I needed to BUY a new phone.

Yup. Really.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Really.

I think Apple has amped up their customer service because it is now drastically different from what I experienced in the past. I recently had issues with my iPad and a couple of glitches concerning my Apple ID and I was impressed by the customer service I got, to be honest.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple has amped up their customer service because it is now drastically different from what I experienced in the past. I recently had issues with my iPad and a couple of glitches concerning my Apple ID and I was impressed by the customer service I got, to be honest.

What? No offense, but at the time you sure weren't impressed... lol

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

When I had trouble with my 3GS, after the customer rep helped me, I hung up thinking that was the end of it. I was surprised when I got a call the next day to check on how I was doing.

When I had to deauthorise a laptop and couldn't get into iTunes on it, all it took was a call. He was so quick that I didn't even know he's been working on it. That was with my 4S.

When I got completely confused with my iCloud and how to set it up, all it took was a call.

Four of my friends have had full phone replacements at the store over the last seven years.

Their customer service has always been stellar.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
She'll not have to deal with a dying phone brand. She won't have to deal with the myriad of issues that are plaguing z10/q10 users. You should show her your forums.

I was a Z10 user. The whole idea of getting a Z10 was a very expensive mistake.

Once she gets her blackberry, she'll be wondering why her phone can't do anything her friends can. She'll have to upload new beta software to even get functionality. She'll have to load apks that may or may not work and even then have it be janky android software from 2012 that only sometimes works on your blackberry.

You want her to see what she gets with an iPhone? Have her look at the crackberry forums and then have her come to the imore forums. Look at the problems they are facing and if they are, see what it is like to get help.
She won't have to rely on her browser for anything. She won't have BlackBerry Link delete her music. Native apps that don't get stuck and drain her battery. She won't have to charge the phone multiple times a day like a frickin' Android. She'll have a convenient button unlock just like your Blackberry has but with added security.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. Gotcha.

That said, while there are definite advantages to having all your devices connected to the same ecosystem, it is a royal pain when said ecosystem starts hiccuping, lol. Getting my Apple ID garbled up paralyzed my iPad, my iTouch and anything I wanted to do on my Macbook through iTunes, it was a Prozac moment of epic proportions, lol.
Still...
I must admit that while I love my little Q10, I am getting really tired of my calendars not being connected. I must enter each calendar event on my phone, then on my iPad or it won't show on my iPad and invariably, I will miss it. Then out of nowhere, I get a double entry, for no apparent reason.

... OMG AM I TALKING MYSELF INTO AN IPHONE?!?! NOOOOOOOO... No, no. Nonononononononononononono. NO. *facepalm*

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Continuity between all apple devices. All the apps up want. Payments that will actually be available in the real world.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Continuity between all apple devices. All the apps up want. Payments that will actually be available in the real world.

So... You guys really think Apple Pay is going to take off and be the mainstream way to pay for stuff? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious because my understanding of this is infantile, at best.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So... You guys really think Apple Pay is going to take off and be the mainstream way to pay for stuff? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious because my understanding of this is infantile, at best.

Only the future will tell. I know that BlackBerry couldn't make it work, or didn't care enough to make it work outside of Canada, even though they have had it on their devices since 2011. Google Wallet doesn't seem to have taken off either.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That said, while there are definite advantages to having all your devices connected to the same ecosystem, it is a royal pain when said ecosystem starts hiccuping, lol. Getting my Apple ID garbled up paralyzed my iPad, my iTouch and anything I wanted to do on my Macbook through iTunes, it was a Prozac moment of epic proportions, lol.
Still...
I must admit that while I love my little Q10, I am getting really tired of my calendars not being connected. I must enter each calendar event on my phone, then on my iPad or it won't show on my iPad and invariably, I will miss it. Then out of nowhere, I get a double entry, for no apparent reason.

... OMG AM I TALKING MYSELF INTO AN IPHONE?!?! NOOOOOOOO... No, no. Nonononononononononononono. NO. *facepalm*

There is a recovery key for iCloud when you enable two step authentication. There are alternative email addresses. There are password keeper apps. There are security questions to get you back in.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Only the future will tell. I know that BlackBerry couldn't make it work, or didn't care enough to make it work outside of Canada, even though they have had it on their devices since 2011. Google Wallet doesn't seem to have taken off either.

I would not feel safe AT ALL using Google Wallet. I had several Motorola Droids and Samsung Galaxies, but I never could bring myself to using Google Wallet. Apple... If it could truly be foolproof, it would indeed kick some major ****.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It is each person's prerogative to choose what works for him/her.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen