Hmmm. Is that why my contact list is such a mess on my Q10? I thought I was doing something wrong or not doing something I was supposed to... Right now I have multiple entries for every contact and I never even put those in.
    Highlighting/editing, yes: I can do it, but whenever I can, I do it from my iPad. I have small hands but I would need hands the size of infants to be able to do it comfortably.

Aargh. *headdesk*
    My contacts list on my Q10 multiplies with the enthusiasm of oversexed Tribbles.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    09-15-2014 12:24 PM
    I've been forced to use a Q10 for the past few days due to sending my iPhone to apple for the free battery replacement.
    It has randomly rebooted twice while I was using it, and I've had several Android apps just destroy the phone, requiring a manual reboot.
    This is on the "saviour" OS 10.3, so I don't see good things in the future...
    Oh dear Lord....I hope they get it fixed before the Passpoet is released. That's the saviour OS/phone combination, according to the faithful.

09-15-2014 12:26 PM
    The Blackberry lacks the apps needed to do the kind of photo work I do. You can't beat the apps of iOS, and there is a lot of them. If you don't like using apps, and texting is all you do, then a Blackberry is ok.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-15-2014 12:28 PM
    Meh, my personal experience Skye 2 q10s and z10 and 2 z30s none have ever randomly rebooted. Guess I'm just lucky
    09-15-2014 12:42 PM
    I've been forced to use a Q10 for the past few days due to sending my iPhone to apple for the free battery replacement.
    It has randomly rebooted twice while I was using it, and I've had several Android apps just destroy the phone, requiring a manual reboot.
    This is on the "saviour" OS 10.3, so I don't see good things in the future...
    I had an Android app on my Q10. ONE. It slowed my phone to a crawl, I got rid of the app. I don't have 10.3 I have 10.2 something, and it works fine as long as I don't put any Android apps on it. Which is why I use my iPad when I need apps.
    09-15-2014 12:54 PM
    Oh dear Lord....I hope they get it fixed before the Passpoet is released. That's the saviour OS/phone combination, according to the faithful.

Worst part is that I think the saviour "Amazon app store" was responsible for one of the reboots. It was chugging away trying to download something right when the phone died.

I don't even think these reboots would bother a potential passport buyer. The phone is a relic of a time long since past. It's intended market is users who loved their rebooting keyboard phones. Less reboots is likely a feature for them compared to their old Bolds.
    09-15-2014 12:55 PM
    Worst part is that I think the saviour "Amazon app store" was responsible for one of the reboots. It was chugging away trying to download something right when the phone died.

I don't even think these reboots would bother a potential passport buyer. The phone is a relic of a time long since past. It's intended market is users who loved their rebooting keyboard phones. Less reboots is likely a feature for them compared to their old Bolds.
    Hopefully they can resolve the issue whatever it may be before launch. Unless they only plan to sell to the base.

09-15-2014 01:05 PM
    I put up with bricking and nuking devices and shoddy manufacturing such as off center trackpads. The thing that killed it for me, as much as I DO LOVE BB10 and my Q10, was the abandonment of native app development and the reliance on grabbing APKs to install Android apps. W H Y in all that is holy would I choose one platform and load it up with unsupported unoptimised apps from another?

That was the end for me. I actually got some Amazon apps to test that solution. Out of ten apps I loaded seven either did not run properly or not at all or were unusable.

This drove me crazy. I didn't mind loading android apps, however I was highly disappointed to find out that a lot of the apps didn't work properly. I felt like I paid a premium price for a sub par experience.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 01:05 PM
    OMG you guys, I started this thread about my friend but now I'm having seconds thoughts about my own situation...
    mikeo007 and agarwal.apar like this.
    09-15-2014 01:11 PM
    This drove me crazy. I didn't mind loading android apps, however I was highly disappointed to find out that a lot of the apps didn't work properly. I felt like I paid a premium price for a sub par experience.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk

I know. Not cool.
    Their earnings call is later this month and it's expected to be better than anticipated, by a whole lot.

Crossing fingers for them. I'm out but I wish the company well.

And I want the money I've put in shares to come back to me. Been in the red for years now. As soon as I recoup I'll sell.

09-15-2014 01:12 PM
    Hopefully they can resolve the issue whatever it may be before launch. Unless they only plan to sell to the base.

I hope they can resolve a ton of the little issues so that it's at least a usable device.
    The good news is that the future of the company doesn't rely on a phone at least.
    The CNN interview last week was pretty telling; they're not about phones anymore.
    But I have a feeling that they will take the "good enough" approach and launch another half-baked product that targets a very particular, dedicated demographic.
    09-15-2014 01:13 PM
    Best of all possible luck to them. Really. It was my platform once. I wish them and their users the best.

09-15-2014 01:17 PM
    How about attaching email attachments straight while replying to an email? Even hub attachments. I'm remembered having to jump through a million hoops just to do that on my mum's iPhone.

Flash in browser?

Download any mp3 file and listen to it straight from ur phone? I remembered what a nightmare it was to simply download a ring tone for my mum's iPhone.

File manager, your own computer as a cloud. Maybe it is just me but I'm really not interested in uploading my stuff to something like icloud. And it is difficult to turn off too.

Picture password. No more awkward turning your phone away when unlocking for your friends.

Customisable quick settings. Profiles including meeting mood.

Other under the hood features such as better reception, battery life.
    09-15-2014 01:36 PM
    How about attaching email attachments straight while replying to an email? Even hub attachments. I'm remembered having to jump through a million hoops just to do that on my mum's iPhone.
    Tons of apps for this, moot point.

Flash in browser?
    lol flash

Download any mp3 file and listen to it straight from ur phone? I remembered what a nightmare it was to simply download a ring tone for my mum's iPhone.
    Again, tons of apps capable of this.

File manager, your own computer as a cloud. Maybe it is just me but I'm really not interested in uploading my stuff to something like icloud. And it is difficult to turn off too.
    File manager: useless on a phone IMO, but fixed with iOS 8 now anyway, so a moot point
    iCloud difficult to turn off: not sure if serious...

Picture password. No more awkward turning your phone away when unlocking for your friends.
    TouchID. Much more usable, impossible to guess.

Huh?

Not unless you're talking about Z30, which is inferior in so many other categories it doesn't even matter.

Has the defense squad been summoned?
    Last edited by mikeo007; 09-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    FFR, Issa-7 and reeneebob like this.
    09-15-2014 01:50 PM

Flash in browser?

Attachment 64829

Attachments in an email from an iPhone are easily done as shown here.

Why do I need flash again ????? Nothing I want to see is inaccessible on any site anywhere.

I use iTunes for my music, TV shows, podcasts, movies. No need to keep them in my device either. Use as desired and return them to the cloud.

File manager is iCloud. Nothing easier. No fuss. Backed up as needed.

I unlock via my thumb print. If you're going to tell me that someone can cut off my thumb or put my thumbprint on my device while I sleep I've got bigger problems to deal with. And we can go all crazy and talk about how you can be tortured into giving away your picture password. I mean we can go into increasingly bizarre and overly dramatic what ifs. Fact is, iTouch is not an issue in most people's lives.

OK customisable quick settings is cool. But the only thing I need to do quickly is silence. And that's on the side of the phone.

My reception is fine, no problems at all.

My battery life is fine. On a par with my Q10 and much better than my wall hugging Z10.

Attachment 64831

So.....there is nothing I've lost in moving permanently to iPhone and much I've gained.

09-15-2014 02:17 PM

Incoming I'm sure.

mikeo007, Issa-7 and reeneebob like this.
    09-15-2014 02:23 PM
    It's simple. The Q10 doesn't run iOS and it sucks.
    mikeo007 and FFR like this.
    09-15-2014 02:38 PM
    No, that would be way too expensive: When I got my free Q10, it had to be with a 2 year contract... Back in May. I shudder at the thought of what it would cost me to get an iPhone off contract.
    About $649 + tax for the basic model. And over $1K for the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB version:-)
    09-15-2014 03:02 PM
    Incoming I'm sure.

Two questions and sorry for threadjacking:-)
    1. What happens to the 64 GB iPhone 5S on September 20th?
    2. What actually happened to the Red Lumia 1520?
    09-15-2014 03:04 PM
    Two questions and sorry for threadjacking:-)
    1. What happens to the 64 GB iPhone 5S on September 20th?
    2. What actually happened to the Red Lumia 1520?
    The 5s will be kept until I decide what to do. I've got two family members who are rocking 4s devices and I'm thinking they might take good care of this baby.
    The red Lumia 1520 is wonderful and purring along.
    Attachment 64837

09-15-2014 03:14 PM
    About $649 + tax for the basic model. And over $1K for the iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB version:-)
    I'm out of the running anyway: I called Apple, they said that because I'm on contract already with Verizon and not due to upgrade, Apple is not allowed to sell me a phone off contract unless they create a new account and add a new line. I don't want to do that.
    If I go through Verizon, I could do it, but right now their delivery date isn't until november 4th.
    I might be able to walk into a Verizon store, but there's no guarantee they'd have the 128GB and I need that.
    If I were to switch, it would have to be the Plus because one of my biggest issues with the Q10 is that my closeup eyesight is poor and I can't see what's on my screen.

So I think I have no choice but to wait at the moment. I will probably go play with one soon, it would give me a better idea as to whether or not it would suit my needs anyway.
    09-15-2014 03:15 PM
    Don't let one thread on a forum sway you in any direction.
    Take your time and think thoroughly.
    Me? Best move I ever made was to finally, once and for all, choose the best device for me and stopped being loyal to a company that no longer worked to satisfy me as a consumer.

Evilguppy likes this.
    09-15-2014 03:27 PM
    Tons of apps for this, moot point.

lol flash

Again, tons of apps capable of this.

File manager: useless on a phone IMO, but fixed with iOS 8 now anyway, so a moot point
    iCloud difficult to turn off: not sure if serious...

TouchID. Much more usable, impossible to guess.

Huh?

Not unless you're talking about Z30, which is inferior in so many other categories it doesn't even matter.

Ha. No. You on the other hand needs to stop being so defensive and disagreeable. Since OP was asking, Im just saying.

As to your comments, apps apps apps. I prefer my stuff in-built, and not having to try out a million apps to find the right thing for me. And I hate being tied down to iTunes. When I hear my iPhone welding friends complaint about their emails - over the simplest stuff - it amazes me.

There are many things I respect about Apple (yes I even supported my mum's decision to get her iPhone 4s) but it is not perfect and not for everyone. For example, I really have no idea how people live with the virtual home button after the physical one breaks down, which is pretty often. I have an iPad and even with such a big screen to move that damn thing around it drove me nuts. I guess it doesn't matter to full time fans like you as you probably change your phone with each incremental upgrade but seriously to people like me who prefers to hold on to their devices a lot longer, that is a major flaw.

The last time I tried to use email on my iPad (well, granted it must have been years since I opened up that app so maybe that has changed) it took me ages to even find out how I can delete the email. If I remember correctly, it was a button called 'Edit' which totally didn't make sense to me.
    09-15-2014 09:06 PM
    OMG you guys, I started this thread about my friend but now I'm having seconds thoughts about my own situation...
    Haha
    09-15-2014 09:19 PM
    Ha. No. You on the other hand needs to stop being so defensive and disagreeable. Since OP was asking, Im just saying.
    Defensive and disagreeable? Nothing of the sort. Just countering your extremely weak and inaccurate "points".

As to your comments, apps apps apps. I prefer my stuff in-built, and not having to try out a million apps to find the right thing for me. And I hate being tied down to iTunes. When I hear my iPhone welding friends complaint about their emails - over the simplest stuff - it amazes me.
    Yes, we've all heard the story about the things that Blackberry can do out of the box, which also happens to be the limit of its usefulness thanks to having the worst ecosystem out there. Not needing apps is an excuse used by those who have no access to apps. Apps extend the functionality of the device far beyond what you get out of the box. Do you buy a Playstation just to browse around the system menus? Do you buy a power drill just to use the 4 generic bits it comes with? No, you buy these things for their basic functions as well as their extended functionality.

Never heard a complaint about iPhone email that couldn't be easily rectified either, Blackberry's old advantage there is gone with the removal of BIS.

There are many things I respect about Apple (yes I even supported my mum's decision to get her iPhone 4s) but it is not perfect and not for everyone.
    Nor is any solution. However it seems to be the best choice for a ton more people than the platform you're attempting to peddle.

For example, I really have no idea how people live with the virtual home button after the physical one breaks down, which is pretty often.
    What a silly statement. I've never heard of a failed home button, and while I'm sure you can Google up all sorts of things, it won't be any more than a random sample of the same hardware failures that all devices suffer.

I have an iPad and even with such a big screen to move that damn thing around it drove me nuts
    The fact that you're talking about an iPad and neglecting the fact that there are multitasking gestures that don't need the accessibility "virtual" home button shows your extreme lack of knowledge of iOS. It's a really basic feature, you should look into it.

The last time I tried to use email on my iPad (well, granted it must have been years since I opened up that app so maybe that has changed) it took me ages to even find out how I can delete the email. If I remember correctly, it was a button called 'Edit' which totally didn't make sense to me.
    Now you sound like one of those "silly" people who complain about how hard BB10s gestures are to learn
    FFR likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:20 PM
91 1234