So... You guys really think Apple Pay is going to take off and be the mainstream way to pay for stuff? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm curious because my understanding of this is infantile, at best.
    I think it depends on merchants. Kinda like only having an AmEx card and then realizing you can't actually use it everywhere. Same thing with Square IMHO. That said, I was skeptical at first and now I'm hopeful. But realistic
    09-14-2014 06:14 PM
    Is this a joke? Blackberry vs. iOS?
    09-14-2014 06:19 PM
    Is this a joke? Blackberry vs. iOS?
    No, no joke. I've had the worst luck with phones and at the moment, save for a couple of issues that stem from not having all my devices connected, I'm quite pleased with my Q10.
    09-14-2014 06:29 PM
    2 very diff devices. Anyone who's used bb10 will tell you it does not re boot like old bbos.
    If you value using a keyboard to type like my wife then stick with the q10.
    donemt likes this.
    09-14-2014 06:31 PM
    No, no joke. I've had the worst luck with phones and at the moment, save for a couple of issues that stem from not having all my devices connected, I'm quite pleased with my Q10.
    Seems like you have no reason to switch to iPhone then. Like my wife. She uses her device as a communication tool with bbm, text emails as well as social medial Facebook and such. She has no urge to switch to iPhone.
    However I can't wait for my ip6+
    09-14-2014 06:33 PM
    The OP is a SHE.

And it's true, I love my Q10. I also find that not having my phone connected is a huge pain, sometimes. I've had pretty bad luck in the past, with iPhones, though when they work, they are really easy. I think I should stay in money saving mode LOL.
    Apologies. I thought I'd heard you say otherwise. No harm intended.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-14-2014 06:46 PM
    Join the dark side. We have cookies!
    Nilla wafers?
    09-14-2014 07:54 PM
    I think that choices of phones/platforms are all a matter of personal taste and need. I liked my BlackBerry devices when I had them, but I was mainly using them for communication (emails, texts). Syncing my calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. was a royal pain as we did not have a BES server. If we had one of those, it would have been near perfect at the time. But my needs changed. I use my device not only for communication (and really, less so these days), but I want to watch movies, listen to music that I purchased through iTunes, browse the web, etc. At the time I switched, BB wasn't really good at those. It may be better now; I don't know. But I'm pretty well invested in the Apple ecosystem, so the iPhone makes sense for me. For those people who are invested in Google services (gmail, Google Docs, etc.), an Android might make more sense. BB remains an excellent device for communication. The physical keyboards are second to none. My needs changed, and so my device choice changed. Everyone is different, and everyone will have their own choice as to what they think works best for them.
    09-14-2014 09:18 PM
    To echo many of the previous posters, top notch support (from Apple as well as 3rd party developers). My z/10 experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding blackberry as company and their inability to get things right. Headless api's were non-existent, the camera on the z10 was mediocre, battery life was horrible, not to mention bb world was/still full of trash apps. With that being said, I did enjoy the keyboard as well as the hub. From consumer/professional pov I see no point (at this time) of purchasing a blackberry device.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-14-2014 09:55 PM
    Nilla wafers?
    Don't start with the Nilla wafers again! ><
    09-15-2014 06:30 AM
    To echo many of the previous posters, top notch support (from Apple as well as 3rd party developers). My z/10 experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding blackberry as company and their inability to get things right. Headless api's were non-existent, the camera on the z10 was mediocre, battery life was horrible, not to mention bb world was/still full of trash apps. With that being said, I did enjoy the keyboard as well as the hub. From consumer/professional pov I see no point (at this time) of purchasing a blackberry device.

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    I put up with bricking and nuking devices and shoddy manufacturing such as off center trackpads. The thing that killed it for me, as much as I DO LOVE BB10 and my Q10, was the abandonment of native app development and the reliance on grabbing APKs to install Android apps. W H Y in all that is holy would I choose one platform and load it up with unsupported unoptimised apps from another?

That was the end for me. I actually got some Amazon apps to test that solution. Out of ten apps I loaded seven either did not run properly or not at all or were unusable.

I get a phone so that the phone works for me, not for me to find workarounds to mitigate deficiencies, such grabbing other platforms' apps without the consent and support of the developers.

BlackBerry turned its back on the consumer market. As a consumer, I feel no loyalty to a company that hasn't got or won't support what I want.

The day Apple pulls that kind of shenanigans I will leave Apple. Somehow I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-15-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    09-15-2014 09:21 AM
    IPhones are for those who want no hassle at all, I may be wrong but that's what I think first with Apple...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-15-2014 09:44 AM
    I have had two Android phones and one Android tablet. After I gave up on my Android tablet for the iPad, I cannot be happier even though I basically lost $750 that I paid for the Android tablet and coughed out another $750 for the iPad. The iOS UI is so much cleaner and smoother. I am a firm believer of "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".

Although my ecosystem is primarily on Google......Gmail, Google Drive and so on, I have found that many of the Google application are actually working better on iOS than on Android. Besides, I have a big investment on iTune and naturally, it works better in iOS devices (yes, I know your can play iTune music on Android devices, but not a straight forward task).

My other family members have iPhone 5 and provide me good comparison. That's why this time when I am eligible for upgrade on my phone, I have decided to order the iPhone 6+ to replace my Samsung Galaxy S phone and say goodbye to Android.

Mobile device is a very personal thing. You should make your choice based on your personal preference, personal taste, and your ecosystem.
    09-15-2014 10:08 AM
    Your friend will actually be able to buy phone accessories, High quality apps, and won't have to listen to people asking "wtf is that?".
    You can continue using the 2015 equivalent of this ...
    Settle an argument, please-nokia_6160.jpg
    Trees likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:09 AM
    Your friend will actually be able to buy phone accessories, High quality apps, and won't have to listen to people asking "wtf is that?".
    You can continue using the 2015 equivalent of this ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokia_6160.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	64815
    Damn I had one of these.
    Trees likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:15 AM
    Me too. Memories of how exciting it was to get calls in the middle of the supermarket.

09-15-2014 10:21 AM
    I put up with bricking and nuking devices and shoddy manufacturing such as off center trackpads. The thing that killed it for me, as much as I DO LOVE BB10 and my Q10, was the abandonment of native app development and the reliance on grabbing APKs to install Android apps. W H Y in all that is holy would I choose one platform and load it up with unsupported unoptimised apps from another?

That was the end for me. I actually got some Amazon apps to test that solution. Out of ten apps I loaded seven either did not run properly or not at all or were unusable.

I get a phone so that the phone works for me, not for me to find workarounds to mitigate deficiencies, such grabbing other platforms' apps without the consent and support of the developers.

BlackBerry turned its back on the consumer market. As a consumer, I feel no loyalty to a company that hasn't got or won't support what I want.

The day Apple pulls that kind of shenanigans I will leave Apple. Somehow I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.

I must agree with the apps issue: right now, since I also have an iPad Air and an iPod touch, if need apps, that's what I use. My iPad has cellular so it's easy, but if for some reason I don't have it with me, I must first fire up the hotspot on my phone, then it can use my iTouch. A bit of a pain, admittedly, but it works.
    09-15-2014 10:22 AM
    OP - I have used BlackBerry Z10 and honestly speaking, except keyboard and switching b/w apps everything just sucks on BlackBerry 10. Starting from highlighting/editing text, syncing contacts automatically from various accounts, no user profiles and let's just not even start on apps(even their native FB, Twitter apps are rubbish)

Looking at their upcoming devices - Passport and Classic clearly indicated the fact that they are only targeting prosumers. So, if you are one of them then go for it else iPhone is a perfect pick!

Good luck!
    09-15-2014 10:34 AM
    FB is PAINFULLY AWFUL on my Q10.

09-15-2014 11:30 AM
    FB is PAINFULLY AWFUL on my Q10.

Haha, that's why I only Facebook from my iPad. I have used FB on my Q10 and the app is actually pretty fast, but my eyesight cringes everytime.
    09-15-2014 11:37 AM
    Well there are options that I'm used to on iOS and Android that are really badly implemented on BB.

09-15-2014 11:41 AM
    OP - I have used BlackBerry Z10 and honestly speaking, except keyboard and switching b/w apps everything just sucks on BlackBerry 10. Starting from highlighting/editing text, syncing contacts automatically from various accounts, no user profiles and let's just not even start on apps(even their native FB, Twitter apps are rubbish)

Looking at their upcoming devices - Passport and Classic clearly indicated the fact that they are only targeting prosumers. So, if you are one of them then go for it else iPhone is a perfect pick!

Good luck!
    Hmmm. Is that why my contact list is such a mess on my Q10? I thought I was doing something wrong or not doing something I was supposed to... Right now I have multiple entries for every contact and I never even put those in.
    Highlighting/editing, yes: I can do it, but whenever I can, I do it from my iPad. I have small hands but I would need hands the size of infants to be able to do it comfortably.

Aargh. *headdesk*
    09-15-2014 11:43 AM
    Tons of reasons already listed, and although I could list tons more, i feel this pretty much settles it for me:

BlackBerry: We're not about phones anymore - Sep. 11, 2014

By buying the iPhone, at least they'd be buying from a company that actually plans on continuing to make phones.
    09-15-2014 11:53 AM
    2 very diff devices. Anyone who's used bb10 will tell you it does not re boot like old bbos.
    If you value using a keyboard to type like my wife then stick with the q10.
    There are loads of posts on CB about Q10 devices rebooting simply by placing them on a table. Here is one such thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-hard-958601/

Additionally my Z10, when I had it, rebooted at random times during the day.

The BBOS devices didn't just reboot, they bricked and nuked randomly, leaving you without a phone in the middle of the day. Unless you happened to have an iPhone in your bag to keep you connected. As happened to me on 99xx devices and on the 9810.

QA on BlackBerry devices has been atrocious from BBOS7 on.

09-15-2014 12:17 PM
    There are loads of posts on CB about Q10 devices rebooting simply by placing them on a table. Here is one such thread.
    I've been forced to use a Q10 for the past few days due to sending my iPhone to apple for the free battery replacement.
    It has randomly rebooted twice while I was using it, and I've had several Android apps just destroy the phone, requiring a manual reboot.
    This is on the "saviour" OS 10.3, so I don't see good things in the future...
    09-15-2014 12:21 PM
91 1234