This was my first time ever pre ordering an iPhone I did not know what to even expect ,all I knew was what I read on the Internet. I got on the Apple website because the Apple Store app did not have the T-Mobile model for the iPhone 6 plus anyway well I got on Apple.com at around 8 P.M (Central Time) I downloaded a Google chrome extension which auto refreshes the web page to whatever time limit you choose I chose every 2 minutes. At around 11 P.M the website gave me the "We'll be back" message and from there I kept waiting I had 2 computers by that time so I was refreshing the site over and over from 1:50 P.M until 2:05 P:M when the iPhone 6 and 6 plus went on sale I did everything as soon as I could the only thing that messed me up is I kept getting my Apple ID password wrong at checkout and a minute later I realized I had Caps lock on,good thing I had express checkout on because everything auto filled and at about 2:20 I finished the order and got a confirmation email showing me my order details and the delivery date 9/19,
    That was my Pre order experience.
    How was yours? When will you get it? Best of luck to everyone who pre order. Hopefully we get it a day early I read that's what sometimes happens.
    09-14-2014 12:06 PM
    I have pre-ordered the 4S and 5 before but this by far was more chaotic than both combined. At 2:45AM I was on my laptop with 2 different Apple sites preloaded (iPhone 6 page and main page), AT&T website countdown loaded, and the Apple Store App loaded up...I kept refreshing every 10-30 seconds...AT&T website loaded first...but it was so slow it would time out. Apple's site never loaded for me. The Apple Store App was my saving grace, as it finally loaded up about 3:10AM and I hurried up and placed a order for my 16GB Silver 6 Plus. After placing the order I got my confirmation email and AT&T Next Agreement. Went to bed around 3:45AM. I was very worried my order would error or something...luckily I got in before it was too late and will get my phone 9/19!
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 02:17 PM
    I've only preordered once before for the iPhone 5 but I didn't get up in the middle of the night to do it, just waited until the afternoon of preorder day. My phone arrived the week after release if I'm not mistaken.

This time around, I decided that I was going to attempt to set my alarm for 3am and give it a try. I expected for there to be a lot of problems considering the hype and the fact that when I woke up, the Apple site was still down.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered through Verizon around 3:05am and it took me around five minutes to complete my order. I went back to sleep and my confirmation email was there when I woke up. I've gotten my tracking and it looks like I'll have my device by this Friday afternoon.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 02:24 PM
    I preordered the 4s as that was my first iPhone (Verizon). I had no issues with that I believe it took a total of five minutes and I got my phone on release day.

I attempted to order the 6 Plus but the Verizon site was not functioning. It took me over 2 hours to get the site to function and get to the order screen. By the time I was able to place my order 2 hours into the night's orders my deliver date was listed at 10/7 a full 18 days after release.

I suppose I can wait that won't kill me. I'm just disappointed with the failure of the website. Both the apple.com, which I have never used to order anything, and the Verizon page were failing.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:09 PM
    This is my second iPhone preorder, my first being the 5s. This time around was more difficult and confusing because of the approximate two and a half hour lateness from Apple getting their store up. Once it was up though, my order went smoothly, but it says 7-10 day shipping estimate and Oct 1 - 6 for delivery. :/
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:12 PM
    Completely painless over here in the UK. I'll have it on launch day. I was the first person the sales person spoke to that day so I got in quick.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:15 PM
    Mine started off horrible since Sprint website kept crashing. I ended up in a store and pre-ordered there and I've been told a bunch of different things. Now I will play the waiting game
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:53 PM
    This was my first pre-order experience, and I wasn't impressed. While I don't recall Apple saying that they would be up at 12:01am PDT, that's what we all expected. So I kept waiting and refreshing. I couldn't get into the AT&T site (kept telling me my turn was coming), either, as my backup plan. After reading in the forums here, I was clued into the Apple Store app on the iPhone. Still didn't work. Tried it on the iPad a few times, and miraculously, I was able to place an order and supposedly have it delivered on the 19th. All told, it took me 45 minutes or so. I'm still surprised that Apple and the carriers just don't expect this much activity. All signs pointed to high demand, and after the keynote streaming debacle, I'd expect them to put a little more effort into making sure things went smoothly. But at least I have a phone that is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, so mission accomplished. But not looking forward to doing this ever again...
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-14-2014 04:49 PM
    First time pre orderer here and I'm not happy at all that my phone basically won't be here until Thanksgiving...2 years ago when the iphone 5 came out I was able to simply walk into AT&T and buy one on release day so I think I'll go back to trying my chances at the stores.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:25 AM
    Posted mine here in another thread but thought I would share in here as well:

I think some of you were around in the Pajama Party thread when we are all waiting for the pre-order.

I tried to get one through my carrier. After 20 minutes I got through and was surprised to see that there was an offer for free AppleCare for 2 years if I decided to delay the shipment of the phone to October 14 (a savings of $100). As I was not prepared for this offer, it made me rethink things. My indecision cost me as I then couldn't get back onto the site which kept crashing. In a span of about 20 minutes, the delivery date changed from 9/19 to 9/29.

At this point, I was leaning to just taking the free AppleCare deal as I didn't see much of a difference between 9/29 and 10/14. But again, the site just couldn't handle all the orders.

I think you know where this is going.

I finally hit the purchase button and when it said 'purchasing' I know you aren't supposed to click the back button until complete. So I didn't. I waited. And waited. And waited. 10 minutes later, it said 'Bad Gateway Error.' The problem was, I had no idea if the order went through or not. No confirmation email.

So I did it again. Same thing. No confirmation email. Gateway error.

As I was in the process of doing it for a fourth time... all of a sudden and all at once I got a slew of 'Thank You For Your Purchase' emails.

Yup, I had been charged for multiple phones. My worst nightmare.

As we were now at 4:40 AM, I couldn't get a hold of my carrier or my MasterCard company.

So I waited until 8 AM to talk to them.

Anyway, after a lot of trials and tribulations... and many many phone calls, everything has been resolved.

Carrier is also giving me a shipdate of 9/19. It was a trying experience but I am happy with the end result
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:45 AM
    It was spent refreshing the Apple website and trying the Apple Store app every couple of minutes...about 10min. after the pre-ordering started, I was completing my order on the Apple Store app and aside from some slow processing of each page of the ordering process, it was relatively effortless.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:47 AM
    We'll. I got up at 2 55 to pre order my iphone plus. It wouldn't let me until 20 mnts later. I tried att webpage but it wasn't working at all... It kept kicking me out of the page. I tried apple but it wasn't working either. I tried the apple store app on my ipad and wasn't working. So it was until 3:20 that I was able to place the order tho I think I was lucky bc the app kept kicking me out as well and it was painfully slow! But at the end, I got it! Got my iphone plus 64 gb in black. It will ship this Friday according to apple.

PS. Even tho I hate getting up that late after I'm sleeping, I think only apple fans will understand that excitement about pre ordering a new apple product... I have no words to describe how it feels tho ha ha bit it feels great!
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 03:09 AM
    My preorder was a nightmare. Up at 2:55, and started going through the process. Verizon's website would let me get so far and then crash. Apples site wouldn't load to save my life. Used the App Store app in my iPad and iPhone and neither of them would work. After 2 1/2 hours I gave up and went to bed frustrated and angry. Woke up about 7:30, got on and Verizon was the only one working. Went through the process and only had the 6 able to deliver on release date. Took it thinking I would be alright, didn't feel right about it, and cancelled yesterday morning. I live in a rural area and heading off to the closest corporate Verizon store Friday morning. Actually going to call them when the open today and ask a few questions. Stores in my town only take preorders for the first few weeks and that's not cool.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 07:55 AM
    This was my first time pre-ordering and most definitely my last. Couldn't get on Apple's website so I went through AT&T at 2:05 CST and was able to order a 64GB 6 Plus.. Won't get here until October 13-22..
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:05 AM
    mine the first day was intense so excited and nervous as there are a possibility that it will be sold out for the first batch
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:34 AM
    My experience was really good actually, I preordered the iPhone 5 back in 2012, and it was smooth also, and I'm glad this one was too, however, Verizon is really lagging!
    I got conformation email that I would receive them 9/19, but unlike some VZW customers, I haven't gotten a tracking number so I'm kinda nervous
    I got two iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, Gold and Space Gray.
    Hope I hear something today or tomorrow.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:55 AM
    It went smooth for me on AT&T's website (stupidly inpatient to wait for Apple.com or use the app). Never received a confirmation email. Ended up ordering the same set of phones 4 times using the same upgrade.

90 minutes later I got the first set of confirmation emails. 18 hours after preordering opened, AT&T woke up and cancelled the three bogus orders on their own.

This is my 5th preorder experience. Not much different than when I preorders the 4. Then AT&T's servers refused to communicate with Apple's and took almost 12 hours to preorder.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:49 AM
    Mine took about 45 minutes to go through on the Verizon website - I was on the site at 2:55EST and got that weird ECPD error. I tried the Apple site through the app but my orders were using upgrades from different lines on the same plan and I couldn't get that to work with the Apple Store website.

After refreshing and refreshing my orders (I had 2 separate ones) went through at about 3:45AM. So not as smooth as when I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 in 2012 (I remember being done at back in bed after 30 minutes) but both phones should be delivered on Friday so I can't complain.
    09-15-2014 10:59 AM
    I was able to access the Apple Store app at about 12:30am but couldn't get the unlocked T-Mobile version. Kept refreshing the web page to no avail. I ended up saying screw it and just ordered full price for AT&T on the app. I know it'll come unlocked but I didn't want to go through the step of calling AT&T next month to get my $40 upgrade fee removed. But, whatever. I'll call and get it removed.
    09-15-2014 11:03 AM
    It was fine. Tried Apple website but because of my plan, I couldn't pre order there. Then tried Sprint's website but it was down. I left work and went in store and pre ordered. Was told I can pick up on Friday.
    09-15-2014 11:13 AM
    Did Sprint tell you they would call or that you could definitely pick it up on Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 11:17 AM
    Did Sprint tell you they would call or that you could definitely pick it up on Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They told me they would call me.
    09-15-2014 11:22 AM
    It was fine. Tried Apple website but because of my plan, I couldn't pre order there. Then tried Sprint's website but it was down. I left work and went in store and pre ordered. Was told I can pick up on Friday.
    I was told the same thing by the rep on the phone and a rep online. The store is saying up to 3 weeks. I'm just confused.
    09-15-2014 12:57 PM
    I was one of the unlucky ones who sat there for almost two hours refreshing the Apple Store on the Web and through the iPhone and iPad Apple Store App until I could order a 64gb Space Gray 6 Plus.

Only saving grace is I was still able to select in-store pickup for launch day - hopefully that won't require a 2 plus hour wait...
    09-15-2014 02:21 PM