Verizon People who are finally losing their unlimited data with this upgrade

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I knew the time was coming that the unlimited would finally go away. Did you guys get the 2GB plan or is there a way to get 6GB for $30/month? I heard there was but all the google threads show topics on this from last August to this January / February. Did anyone pull off that trick?

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I posted this on another thread but I will post it again. I am currently on the unlimited data plan. I called Verizon Wireless customer service a day before the pre-order to check. They did not mention any full price option, so I don't know if it exist or not. But the CS rep told me the upgrade will end my unlimited data plan. However, they offered me Verizon Maxx with 6 GB for $30 (same amount I paid for unlimited data).

Frankly, I have never ever used more than 3 GB in a month. So the unlimited data is a nice thing to have but not necessary to me. Besides, Verizon, as well as any other carrier, will throttle you down if you are using too much bandwidth anyway. So the unlimited data is really a moot point if you cannot get the bandwidth.

In my case, 6 GB a month is more than enough to me. So I am planning to take the offer when I activate the new phone. Verizon Maxx can only be offered by customer service. And the offer varies in case by case basis. You might want to give them a call to find out.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I will have to give then a call then.

6GB is more than enough for me. 2GB is kind of sketchy. I normally use at least 1GB. With picture files increasing and such I could see using more bandwidth.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I called customer service and was told to call when I receive the phone to switch over to the max plan. It is only available by calling manually.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Nationwide talk and text with unlimited. When I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus, the options available to me were Nationwide talk and text plans and I got 5 gb/month for $50. So my monthy rate for data and my phone will be 109.99 (this is before my corporate discount. With my work discount, it should be only about $6 more than what I pay a month right now. I'm happy with 5GB, I think that will be more than enough.

geekpimpfx

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I still have Unlimited and am burning through 20-30GB of data per month consistently. I work a desk job and stream spotify and podcasts all day. Yes I *could* change my habits and use less, but why bother? I haven't noticed any throttling yet, but will not be surprised when it does happen. All of this being said I plan to just buy the phone outright because it's still cheaper than paying for data overages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh