I wont be able to get to an Apple Store until the 20th September, 1 day after launch. What are my chances of walking into an Apple Store and leaving with an iPhone 6 Plus?

I've checked the online Apple Store and dispatch is currently at 3-4 weeks if I pre-order. Apple stores usually have a huge amount of stock, don't they?
    09-14-2014 08:46 AM
    I wont be able to get to an Apple Store until the 20th September, 1 day after launch. What are my chances of walking into an Apple Store and leaving with an iPhone 6 Plus?

I've checked the online Apple Store and dispatch is currently at 3-4 weeks if I pre-order. Apple stores usually have a huge amount of stock, don't they?
    I don't know for certain, but I think your chances of getting the Plus a day after launch are probably slim. There always could be an outside shot should additional units come in Friday night/Saturday morning or if the store is not too high volume, but the Plus seems to be having the most issues in terms of stock levels right now.
    09-14-2014 08:55 AM
    They will probably get anothe shipment in on Monday. So you might have better luck on Monday.
    09-14-2014 09:01 AM
    Given the demand for the 6+ combined with my feeling that Apple produced a smaller quantity of it, I'd wager they will sell out of stores on Friday. Not only do I think stock will be limited, but I think many who avoided pre-ordering due to the delay will be out in droves to try and score one. I also think many who preordered, but are unhappy with waiting, will try to get one Friday and if they do, they'll then cancel their preorder.

Just my thoughts on it.
    09-14-2014 09:46 AM
    I expect to see a very long line with more people than the number of units in stock on Friday at any store. Your chance to get one a day after is almost certain to be zero. You should go ahead and make the pre-order and hope to get it in October. Any more delay, you might have to wait till November. Just saying.
    09-14-2014 10:07 AM
    In past years they've gotten some new stock almost everyday so there will probably be some even if the store is sold out on Friday. But they arrive at the store at unpredictable times and are sold as soon as they are added to inventory tracking to people who happen to show up at the right time.
    09-14-2014 10:52 AM
    Given the demand for the 6+ combined with my feeling that Apple produced a smaller quantity of it, I'd wager they will sell out of stores on Friday. Not only do I think stock will be limited, but I think many who avoided pre-ordering due to the delay will be out in droves to try and score one. I also think many who preordered, but are unhappy with waiting, will try to get one Friday and if they do, they'll then cancel their preorder.

Just my thoughts on it.
    Good analysis, and pretty much exactly what I expect to see.
    09-14-2014 10:57 AM
    Just tried to "reserve" a device on the apple store and it's telling me "out of stock". It doesn't let me select a date for pickup though so I'm assuming that's just for launch day, or it's not registering device stock yet as the device isn't out yet.

I'll pop down there anyway I think, I just wont hold out too much hope of getting one that day.
    09-14-2014 12:02 PM