Otterbox Symmetry vs. Apple Leather vs. Apple Silicon For iPhone 6 Plus

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback all.

With your posts in here and some independent research, I am leaning heavily to the Otterbox Symmetry. I think the leather isn't protective enough. I haven't tried Spigen or Lifeproof before, but Otterbox's return policy and customer service is so good that it usually is the difference-maker.

While I would prefer the Defender series, for the iPhone 6 Plus, I think it will be too bulky. So Symmetry seems like best choice for me.

icnmayhem

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey buddy!

I browsed the web last night looking for cases and wound up with the Spigen myself!

When I got my 4s I got the commuter right off the bat. I did not like the case as it was too bulky and I also had to remove part of it to open the access door to the charging point. The case wound up breaking because I kept having to take the plastic frame off.

for what its worth, I currently have a note 3, and the spigen neo hybrid looks nice, doesn't add much bulk, and its suffered a few drops. the otterbox turned the phone into a brick, and the screen protector diminished the look of the screen, and gets grimy after a while.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
for what its worth, I currently have a note 3, and the spigen neo hybrid looks nice, doesn't add much bulk, and its suffered a few drops. the otterbox turned the phone into a brick, and the screen protector diminished the look of the screen, and gets grimy after a while.
Not all Otterbox cases have the built in screen protector. Only the Defender has the built in screen. The new Otterbox Symmetry is not as bulky as the Defender and Commuter. The Symmetry is what I'll use on my iP 6 Plus.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the leather case for going out but for everyday use the Otterbox wins out. I do use the symmetry on both my 5S and 5C and love them.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love my LifeProof case on my 5 and will be getting one for my 6+ once I get one and the case comes out. I have the NUUD case now because I can't stand the built in screen protectors (it feels like I have to punch the screen to get it to do anything with that plastic film in the way) and am excited to go the same route for the new one.

In the interim, I'll probably get a cheap-o bumper or thin profile silicon case. I'll have to flip through Amazon and see what's available by the time I'm getting close to getting my plus.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410999100.586036.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410999112.333149.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410999119.375158.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410999125.992471.jpg

I've been very vocal over the past year regarding my love of the official Apple leather case. I was very excited for the iPhone 6 version to arrive but I have to say, I'm disappointed.

It is thin. Extremely thin. This is great for a minimalist approach on a large phone, but it also loses a bit of it's heft and premium feel. The entire bottom is open, leaving more vulnerability as well. Not what I expected for a $45 case.

If you are looking for a nice feeling, nice looking case that will add very little size and bulk to your phone, without adding much protection, this might be the case for you. If you are coming from the old Apple leather case expecting the same but larger? It'll likely disappoint.

scarrz

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had a ballistic case on my iPhone 5, wondering anyone's thoughts on the Urbanite Ballistic case?

Being a newbie I can't post a link to the case.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the symmetry is that it's super slippery. I've juggled my phone a few times because of it. I might pick up an apple leather case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2